PDA

View Full Version : week 8 THSF poll

pirate4state
10-18-2004, 08:33 PM
click here (http://www.texashsfootball.com/rankings/week8/class3a.htm)

sinton66
10-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Where the heck is Tatum?

Keith7
10-18-2004, 08:43 PM
that is the worst poll on the face of the earth

3afan2K3

IHStangFan
wow....Aransas Pass is ranked above Yoakum in Reg. IV??

3afan2K3
10-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The 4A poll is bad to

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I disagree with you. I think its a damn good poll with good picks. Of course, you can criticize him all you want, but remember, he is the one who OWNS a respectable website and people go to HIS website to look at it and post on HIS website. All you have to show is criticism, and look at what he has.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:05 PM
nah...any poll where Ingleside isnt even in the top 40.....kinda sucks...they are better than that...i realize that IHS isn the only school that isnt in there that should be....but its the only school that i can speak for.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Well, Texas is a very large state, and my school isn't in there either, and yes, I do believe we are a top 40 team, but no, I am not going to say that the poll is horrible and it sucks and Chris has no idea what he's talking about, because I think that he does.

SintonFan
10-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Where the heck is Tatum?
It's about time I brought up my real poll again?;)

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Where the heck is Tatum?

Kind in the middle of Carthage, Henderson, Longview & Marshall.

sinton66
10-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
nah...any poll where Ingleside isnt even in the top 40.....kinda sucks...they are better than that...i realize that IHS isn the only school that isnt in there that should be....but its the only school that i can speak for.

No disrespect intended, but what top 40 team has Ingleside beaten?

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:47 PM
No disrespect intended, but what top 40 team has Ingleside beaten? no disrespect taken...but thinking in the same thought process...what top 40 teams has Sinton beaten this year? i realize Sinton is just that...Sinton....but they lost to Cuero and GP..both GREAT teams ....but losing to a great team shouldnt rank you in the top 10 either right? i'm asking because i really dont know.

SintonFan
10-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Orange Grove should be top 40 somewheres...:eyetwitch :crazy:
gni yall, 5 AM get's here quick.:D

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Orange Grove should be top 40 somewheres...:eyetwitch :crazy: hehe....have yall played them this year...i dont remember. O.G. seems to have come on as of late....good luck to them.

sinton66
10-18-2004, 09:52 PM
no disrespect taken...but thinking in the same thought process...what top 40 teams has Sinton beaten this year? i realize Sinton is just that...Sinton....but they lost to Cuero and GP..both GREAT teams ....but losing to a great team shouldnt rank you in the top 10 either right? i'm asking because i really dont know.

Sinton was a regional finalist last year with almost everybody back.(16 of 22). They lost to Cuero and GP last year too.

SintonFan
10-18-2004, 09:53 PM
hehe....have yall played them this year...i dont remember. O.G. seems to have come on as of late....good luck to them.
lol
That game was Sinton's best non-losing test so far.:thinking: :D
No offense to my Pirates.:clap: :cool:

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Sinton was a regional finalist last year with almost everybody back.(16 of 22). i'm aware of what they did LAST year.....we were 2-8 last year...but this isnt last year. i was just asking an honest question....who have they beat that is top 40? so again, i must lightly protest....IHS is good enough to be in the top 40, and they are not in this particular poll. thats all i was getting at origionally

D. R. Hooks
10-18-2004, 09:55 PM
We all know that polls don't mean much right now, but this one doesn't add up:

After 3 weeks, West Orange Stark was ranked #7 with a record of 1-2.

Now, WOS is 4-2.

WOS has won 3 straight games by blowing out Beaumont Central, Hardin-Jeff and Anahuac by scores of 44-0, 42-3 and 55-12.

After those victories, WOS has now fallen to #27 in this poll.

So by that logic, maybe if WOS loses to Hamshire-Fannett this week, they will jump into the Top 10 again.

:D

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
That game was Sinton's best non-losing test so far.:thinking: :D
No offense to my Pirates.:clap: :cool: was it Fal that O.G. STOMPED this past week? i think it was a shutout w/ a large scoring margin if i'm not mistaken.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by D. R. Hooks
We all know that polls don't mean much right now, but this one doesn't add up:

After 3 weeks, West Orange Stark was ranked #7 with a record of 1-2.

Now, WOS is 4-2.

WOS has won 3 straight games by blowing out Beaumont Central, Hardin-Jeff and Anahuac by scores of 44-0, 42-3 and 55-12.

After those victories, WOS has now fallen to #27 in this poll.

So by that logic, maybe if WOS loses to Hamshire-Fannett this week, they will jump into the Top 10 again.

:D LOL...wow..i didnt not realize that.....that truely IS odd

D. R. Hooks
10-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Looking at the poll a bit more. WOS was #7 with a 1-2 record, then dropped all the way to #37 after defeating Bmt Central 44-0.

So with the last 2 victories, WOS has climbed from #37 to #27.

I'm still not sure how we dropped 30 spots after defeating a 4A school. (Central)

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

TexasHSFootball
10-18-2004, 10:07 PM
ok obviously i am going to say it right here... Keith7 your are an idiot. :rolleyes:

The state rankings are not as valuable in my book as the regional rankings. I have evaluated and reevaluated everything that has happened. We all know every poll this year has been shot to hell with the top teams falling. Based on everything that has happened so far to this moment, the state rankings are screwed royally.. I dont care site you look at. I realize my poll isnt perfect. Nobody's poll is. One poll does not pay attention to the entire state as a whole. Another has politics involved in it. Another is gear towards selling magazines.

Let me ask you people something.. what is much easier to compare.. a state ranking or a regional ranking?

sinton66
10-18-2004, 10:09 PM
i'm aware of what they did LAST year.....we were 2-8 last year...but this isnt last year. i was just asking an honest question....who have they beat that is top 40? so again, i must lightly protest....IHS is good enough to be in the top 40, and they are not in this particular poll. thats all i was getting at origionally

And all I'm saying is the people who do the polls don't agree with you. They have no history from Ingleside to go by.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:27 PM
And all I'm saying is the people who do the polls don't agree with you. They have no history from Ingleside to go by. right....but what you did LAST year shouldnt be such a factor 6 or 7 games into a season...at the begining of the season...sure.....this deep in...no....thats all I'M saying. you dont see the logic in that??

sinton66
10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
No, that's not how it works. What I'm saying is they won't give you statewide respect until you earn it. Sinton has a history of earning it. They've been to at least the final eight the last four years in a row, and did it last year with mostly sophomores.

bigpimpin
10-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Why don't you ask Louisville what it feels like to loose to a top ranked team....and move up in the polls...