Gainesville - Jerome Hewitt 18 car 242 yds 4 TD
Decatur - Chandler Dane 14-16 307 yds 4 TD, 1 rush TD
Wilmer Hutchins - Oscar Rodriguez GW FG in 3OT
Bellville - Mauricio Bonilla 34 yd GW FG with 6 seconds left in 4th
Sanger - Chris Higgs 12-15 233 yds 3 TD, 11 car 70 yds TD
Caldwell - scored 17 pints in 35 seconds to defeat Hutto 24-8

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Ingleside finished with 514 total yards - the fifth highest single-game performance in South Texas this season. gotta go w/ the home team....but Franco is a close second ;)

Keith7
10-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Doing this on my site here ya go folks!

Gainesville - Jerome Hewitt 18 car 242 yds 4 TD

wow!!! that is impressive i'd vote for him

HighSchool Fan
10-18-2004, 07:28 PM
It has to Jerome Hewitt. Normally he's a back up RB. He's playing in a hostile enviroment. Only 5'7 160lbs. Not only did he play RB, he also returned kicks, punts and played CB. It's an easy choice this week.

downlower
10-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Bonilla from Bellville had a 35 yarder to go along with the 34 yard game winning field goal.

Flourhead
10-18-2004, 07:48 PM
casey harryman--- one carry, 25+ yards, 1 td

he got hit by a luling defender broke the tackle, spun off another one, and broke multiple tackles on his way to end zone and finished it off with a hurdle over another luling player.... one of the greatest runs i have ever seen... second best to larvell roy dragging a wharton safety 40 yards down the field:clap: :clap:

sinton66
10-18-2004, 07:53 PM
I understand Franco had 211 yds rushing, and scored 6 touchdowns.

CHS_CG
10-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Of Course I would have to say our offense, 17 pts in 35 sec. is awesome!!

black&blue
10-18-2004, 08:19 PM
From what i hear, most, if not all of Chadler Dane's stats came from playing only in the first quarter of the game so i gotta give the nod to him on this one

GreenMonster
10-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Guys as bad as I hate to say this you missed one. The vernon Lion Offense should be on this list. They received the ball at their own 6 yard line with 10 minutes to go in a tie game with a stiff headwind in their face going against a tough Iowa Park defense that had more take-aways than points allowed in the previous 3 weeks. The Lion O proceded to march the ball down the field eating up 9 and 1/2 minutes off of the clock to get the game winning field goal. It was one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) drives I have ever seen. In a huge rivalry game in a tight district race to boot. My hat's off to the Lions. They get my vote as a write in.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Guys as bad as I hate to say this you missed one. The vernon Lion Offense should be on this list. They received the ball at their own 6 yard line with 10 minutes to go in a tie game with a stiff headwind in their face going against a tough Iowa Park defense that had more take-aways than points allowed in the previous 3 weeks. The Lion O proceded to march the ball down the field eating up 9 and 1/2 minutes off of the clock to get the game winning field goal. It was one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) drives I have ever seen. In a huge rivalry game in a tight district race to boot. My hat's off to the Lions. They get my vote as a write in. way to go Lions!

pirate4state
10-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I understand Franco had 211 yds rushing, and scored 6 touchdowns. Plus, his quad was still sore from last week and AP was beating him up every chance they got!! :mad:

bigpimpin
10-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
casey harryman--- one carry, 25+ yards, 1 td

he got hit by a luling defender broke the tackle, spun off another one, and broke multiple tackles on his way to end zone and finished it off with a hurdle over another luling player.... one of the greatest runs i have ever seen... second best to larvell roy dragging a wharton safety 40 yards down the field:clap: :clap:

Yea, and that was on like his second carry of the year. I thought he was down in the backfield, no still running, oh they got him, what?! he's still up, now he's out of bounds, STILL RUNNING, they took out his legs, down at the 3, NO, STILL UP, TOUCHDOWN...something like that, didn't have a good view, but through all the other players I could have swore he was down 3 times, I stood up and sat down so much on that play, I was out of breath. The boy can play some football. Give him the ball, not 20 times a game, needs to stay fresh for D, but give him 4 or 5 a game...if it wasn't for that knee they might be saying Latrael who...:eek:

bigpimpin
10-18-2004, 11:25 PM
I voted for Caldwell, but was that 35 seconds, the last 35 seconds?

CHS_CG
10-19-2004, 12:32 AM
nope not the last 35 seconds

Keith7
10-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

Huffman Hargrave - George Foreman IV scores winning TD over Barbers Hill

i voted for him because his dad grilled up some great food after the game

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Guys as bad as I hate to say this you missed one. The vernon Lion Offense should be on this list. They received the ball at their own 6 yard line with 10 minutes to go in a tie game with a stiff headwind in their face going against a tough Iowa Park defense that had more take-aways than points allowed in the previous 3 weeks. The Lion O proceded to march the ball down the field eating up 9 and 1/2 minutes off of the clock to get the game winning field goal. It was one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) drives I have ever seen. In a huge rivalry game in a tight district race to boot. My hat's off to the Lions. They get my vote as a write in.

Thanks for the write in GreenMonster. That drive may have just been the the thing that turned it around for the Lions. If and only if these two teams meet again (which is possible) it would be an awesome game. Here is to both teams trying to knock off the dreaded and 5 time straight district champion Steers in the coming weeks.

GreenMonster
10-19-2004, 01:34 AM
I'll drink to that. May District 5 dominate Region 1.