PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill getting a new High School?

bheagle03
10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
I heard today that Barbers Hill is planning on building another high school because we're growing so fast.... prob. just a rumor but does anyone know anything?:confused:

Old Cardinal
10-18-2004, 10:16 PM
I know one thing BH is growing at an explosive rate along the HWY 146 corridor. I went over Sunday evening and ate a great seafood meal at a place just 1/2 block from the hwy 146/I-10 intersection--it's called Baytown Seafood Restaurant. They have the best variety and best prices that I have seen!

Rainman
10-18-2004, 10:45 PM
When the new school was completed a little over three years ago they left a section of the original design unbuilt because they felt it would be to large with the section. As they need the space which should be getting closer the plan was to build the section as an addition

BHKrystal06
10-19-2004, 05:53 AM
They're going to build a new Elementary/Intermediate school for sure. They also said it should be done by the summer of 2006....which probably won't happen..

scrub c
10-19-2004, 07:15 AM
As I said earlier in the season, BH will be a LARGE 4A next alignment due to the migration of folks from the Northshore area alone.

Not to mention all the other people moving out there.

Good Luck BH and shake off the loss.
If Huffman makes the playoffs does that send you guys to D-II ?

Or are you the biggest school in the district.

80's Eagle
10-19-2004, 07:50 AM
If Huffman makes the playoffs, and they should, BH will go Div. II

X21AAAPlayer
10-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
They're going to build a new Elementary/Intermediate school for sure. They also said it should be done by the summer of 2006....which probably won't happen..
Yeah when Bridge city built the new school the class of 2003 was supposed to be the first class to graduate from it. It ended up being the class of 2005.

scrub c
10-19-2004, 09:44 AM
BH must have let Huff win...

I could see it happening, with the thought of WOS looming out there......

I wouldn't want any part of WOS either.
We played them 2 years in a row week zero. SURE dont want them week 11.
But will take our chances week 14...if you know what i mean.....;)

JasperDog94
10-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I went over Sunday evening and ate a great seafood meal at a place just 1/2 block from the hwy 146/I-10 intersection--it's called Baytown Seafood Restaurant. I don't know if it's the same company, but there's one in Humble (Atascocita) on 1960. I love their shrimp po-boys.:)

bheagle03
10-19-2004, 01:34 PM
yes baytown seafood is really good you should try mont belvieu it's also very very delish!

Jody
10-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I know one thing BH is growing at an explosive rate along the HWY 146 corridor. I went over Sunday evening and ate a great seafood meal at a place just 1/2 block from the hwy 146/I-10 intersection--it's called Baytown Seafood Restaurant. They have the best variety and best prices that I have seen!

Hey there my friend. I can't beleive you didn't dish out crow to me after the Huffman game...... Boy I would have!

Just thought I would let you know there is a Baytown Seafood in Vidor. Same food! Turn north off of I-10 in Vidor and it is about 2-3 miles down on the right.

Jody
10-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
As I said earlier in the season, BH will be a LARGE 4A next alignment due to the migration of folks from the Northshore area alone.

Not to mention all the other people moving out there.

Good Luck BH and shake off the loss.
If Huffman makes the playoffs does that send you guys to D-II ?

Or are you the biggest school in the district.

Huffman is just a few kids larger according to UIL. One more year in 3A then we should move up. Good thing, I would hate to have to keep beating WOS....hahahaha Just kidding!

KTJ
10-19-2004, 02:18 PM
I had to ref a basketball playoff game at Barbers Hill last year. I talked with the AD about the upcoming realignment. (as you can see this conversation was pre-February 1). He told me that he expects them to be 3A this realignment and the next, but the realignment after that, he says they'll definitely be 4A.