PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Dallas Madison???

crzyjournalist03
10-18-2004, 05:41 PM
They were the laughing stock of their district the last couple of years, but suddenly they're 6-1??? They must have had an impressive turnaround in that school...I thought their program was just about dead. Anybody know what's been going on there?

JR2004
10-21-2004, 11:50 PM
crzy,

Their football program wasn't just about dead, it WAS DEAD for the last 14 years or so. More/less it's just been the basketball and track teams that have been successful over that span. They made one very, very important change during the off-season and it's paid big dividends for JMT. They promoted Marcus Gates to defensive coordinator and it's really paid off. Their game against Hutch is a pretty big one for them tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see how Hutch does against Madison's fleet-footed corners in the passing game as well as what kind of blocking scheme they'll come up with to keep Madison's front four at bay, especially Jason Thompson. I think this game will probably decide who wins the district title. I'll bet that no one would've thought that back in August.

I don't know what kind of run they'll be able to make in the playoffs because of having zero playoff experience, but I do know that their future is fairly bright because they have 11 soph. that are on the varsity at last count and a lot of them get significant playing time. They're an interesting team to keep an eye on for the next 3 or 4 years in my opinion.