PDA

View Full Version : Rumor - Bridgeport's new player!

BportFan
10-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Bridgeport had a new player move-in early this week. He moved from Iowa Park where he lived with his grandparents. One of the 5-3A district coaches voted not to alow this player to play in the district. This player's parents had moved to Bridgeport earlier in the year. The player has moved to Bridgeport and will be able to play for the Bulls this year. The 7-3A coaches voted to allow this player to play at the varsity level this year. The player will have to play on the JV for two weeks and then will be able to play on varsity for the last game of the regular season and the playoffs. He is a Junior and is a RB/DB and is suppose to be 6-2 around 195lbs. I hope he can play and has a liitle bit of speed. Hopefully this will help out the Bull defensive backfield.

BportFan
10-26-2002, 09:52 AM
oops! allow not alow

The One
10-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Bport Fan,

I too have heard about this new player. I here he is a very good WR with speed. He also plays DB, I wonder if he will play both ways? Krebbs finally played a little D last night. If the Bulls are to truley compete this year playing these skill players both ways is a must. Cant wait to see the new kid, I hear he can play!!

bigbullbacker
10-26-2002, 11:55 PM
I hear he will play DB

Kennedale Wildcats
10-27-2002, 08:16 AM
Is Lake Dallas that good, or did you guys have a bad night? Daughtery's numbers didn't look too hot.

The One
10-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Kennedale,

We didnt look all that good but to Lake Dallas credit they ran a Defense that we havent seen very often. I think that credited to a sub par performance for Daughtery and no I am not going to tell you what defense they ran!

fwisd
10-27-2002, 09:58 PM
Just can't imagine who voted against him! LOL Cubs

bigbullbacker
10-28-2002, 11:02 PM
I hear the young man in question will play free safety.

The One
10-28-2002, 11:09 PM
In his debut on JV I hear he returned a punt and a kickoff for TD's and injured 4 players, I hope we see him on special teams. I still cant see how he is eligible to play, moving in this close to the end of the season. Does anyone have any insight to the UIL rules on this subject?

fwisd
10-29-2002, 05:14 PM
If he moved - he moved. Doesn't matter when. If paperwork is in order and it appears to be he can play varsity after being there 15 days.
Check the UIL website - stay informed - know the rules - you would be surprised at the coaches, teachers and school officials who don't know UIL guidelines. It's there for everyone to see - all about transfers, eligibility, etc. If more people knew the rules more of the violations would surface., So many people just haven't a clue.Cubs

bigbullbacker
10-29-2002, 09:24 PM
The One:
In his debut on JV I hear he returned a punt and a kickoff for TD's and injured 4 players, I hope we see him on special teams. I still cant see how he is eligible to play, moving in this close to the end of the season. Does anyone have any insight to the UIL rules on this subject?he was livin in IP with his grandparents,his parents had moved to B'port at the beginning of the school years I believe his brother has been enrolled since the first of school. He probably missed his folks and decided to move here too.Since he didnt move here to play FB then there shouldnt been any problem

The One
10-31-2002, 11:43 PM
I went tonight and watched this kid play on JV. He is definatley going to be a big upgrade for our defense. I hear he will play free safety. I watched two series in which he was in on almost every tackle. I seen one offensive play in which he caught a 50yd pass and I seen one kickoff in which he returned it 60 yds before he was brought down. I cant wait to see him against Sanger next week.

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2002, 12:41 AM
ONe, sounds good. Hope he makes an impact, it could be just the little shot in the arm we need going to the end of the regular season.