PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Bellville in Round One?

Pudlugger
10-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Unless Bellvile, Giddings or Navasota lose one game in the next two weeks La Grange plays Bellville in round one. No question that would be a huge hurdle for the Leps. Could they take the challenge and bring their game up a notch? We may find out in a couple of weeks. http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/animated_emoticons/emotes_l/leaving_in_sadness.gif

Mustang '89
10-28-2003, 10:08 AM
How does the three way tie scenerio work (potential for Manor,La Grange and Giddings to be 4-1)
Is it
Big school Div. I
Two remaining schools seeded based on head to head?

Pudlugger
10-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Yes I believe that is how it would go.

offensive coach
10-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Pudlugger I think it's to early to tell if yall will play bellville or not because they are still tough games left for manor and giddings. So LaGrange still has a chance to finish #1 in district.

Mustang '89
10-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Had friends of mine that were happy win Giddings beat La Grange, but they failed to realize that it was the worst thing that could have happened to Manor. That makes this Elgin game a must win for the Mustangs. Lose to Elgin and Manor needs Elgin to beat Giddings to make the playoffs. Possibly Manor could go 8-2 (3-2) AND NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Manor all the way
10-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Manor and Elgin is one of the biggest rivals in Cental Texas. This should be game of the week. yeah I think the loser is in big trouble but the loser will probably be Elgin. Which DB can had manors WR's #1,#31,#80,#4 all at the same time I think manor has what is takes to win. There defense is the best in the distric and in cen-Tex, with not one but three very talented linebackers #10,#23,#24. GO MUSTANGS
MANOR IS READY FOR YA ELGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Has been a few years since Bellville and La Grange has played, the last being in Bellville a few years ago, cant remember the score, but Bellville won by a few TD's, I know La Grange would like revenge. I hope this matchup works out it is time to see the Brahmas and Leps play again!!

BrahmaMom
10-28-2003, 04:01 PM
I've missed LaGrange since the district change--the Brahmas always got pumped for the LaGrange game. I didn't realize we might end up playing them, it'd be fun to renew the rivalry.

keep_it_real
10-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Bellville wins this one with ease.

the tigers are back
10-28-2003, 08:15 PM
I don't see how lagrange will play bellville the first round of play-offs.I thought bellville would be playing Manor the first round and if they win they would play undefeated kennedale in round 2.How does lagrange move ahead of manor. :confused:

Mustang '89
10-28-2003, 08:54 PM
the tigers are back:
I don't see how lagrange will play bellville the first round of play-offs.I thought bellville would be playing Manor the first round and if they win they would play undefeated kennedale in round 2.How does lagrange move ahead of manor. :confused: It plays out that whay if Manor, La Grange and Giddings make the playoffs with La Grange and Giddings tied at 4-1. Manor will go Div. I and Giddings will be the #1 seed in Div. II because they beat La Grange head to head.

Chupacabra
10-28-2003, 08:59 PM
the tigers are back:
I don't see how lagrange will play bellville the first round of play-offs.I thought bellville would be playing Manor the first round and if they win they would play undefeated kennedale in round 2.Kennedale is in Region 1, so they won't play any Region 3 team unless it's in the state game.

MARLINFAN
10-28-2003, 11:35 PM
well, well, well pud see what u get for talking early. now u might not to get to even see the second round of the play offs.seems like u were to worried about marlin every week that u couldt even win out your district. tooo baddddddd

Pudlugger
10-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Go ahead and take your pot shots now while the Leps are down but remember this: only 10 points separates them from an 8-0 season. Nobody has beaten them by more than 4 points. Can Marlin say that? No. How many points would Marlin need to say that? Like 100 or something? Oh,I forgot those don't count 'cause they lost to real good teams right? The Burnet score was about the same against Wimberley, a decent team but not a State Championship contender, as it was against Marlin. Marlin is beating up on teams in a weak district right now. They will not be able to cut through teams like Fairfield or Newton, likely first and second round opponents. They should win those games, but only if they play 4 quarters of their best football. It will not be a cakewalk to State for Marlin, they will have to beat some really good football teams along the way, something they haven't done yet.

Unfortunately,La Grange has still not reached its potential and they are late in the season. They have not put together 4 quarters of really good football. In every game they played they played great football for 1 or 2 quarters, and so-so football the rest of the game. I don't know for sure why that is, but I have some ideas. If the coaches could find one more really big offensive lineman somewhere(maybe one of those big freshman hoss's I have been watching beat up on the opposition?) they could finally get their offense moving consistantly. As for the defense, they need a big man in the middle. They are too small in the middle. The defense plays well for one or two series, but when they run into a good ball control team like Sealy they get tired. This is not a problem with conditioning. It is physics:

Force= Mass x Acceleration.

The lack of mass can only be compensated for by increasing acceleration and that takes too much energy for 4 quarters of football. PUT SOME MASS INTO THE EQUATION and you will get more force. I hope that by playoff time some of these problems will be resolved. Meanwhile, let Marlin and other teams currently enjoying the spotlight think that the Leps are a team to be taken lightly, that only makes their job easier. frown

MARLINFAN
10-29-2003, 10:07 AM
well we have been beaten by 96 points from two teams. other than that 6 points would have us 6-2 right now. now pud u took and tried to knock marlin out 4 weeks straight until somebody delivered a severe blow to u that sent u fallin. now last year marlin knocked you out in a 1st round knockout that was scheduled for four rounds. it seems that you are trying to get another regional title shot but it just might not happen this year.

the tigers are back
10-29-2003, 11:57 PM
I was thinking that if navasota doesn't beat columbus that would put bellville in division one.I think this play-offs stuff is a little bit too early right now,because alot can happen in two weeeks.I say also what if bellville lose to sealy and columbus beats sealy than we would have a 3 way tie.sealy4-1 bellville 4-1 and columbus 4-1,but i hope that doesnt come down like that.I would love to sealy beat bellville and columbus and win the district title.I hope i didn't get on any one foot i was just speculating okay.Then it will be sealy at giddings in first round of play-offs.I am pretty sure that bellville say that they will win this one with ease and go ahead and play Giddings and not lagrange,because giddings is #1 top eek! seed in div 2 and if bellville beats sealy than that makes sealy be #2 top seed and play lagrange in 1st rounds right.

Brahma73
10-30-2003, 11:44 PM
the tigers are back:
I was thinking that if navasota doesn't beat columbus that would put bellville in division one.I think this play-offs stuff is a little bit too early right now,because alot can happen in two weeeks.I say also what if bellville lose to sealy and columbus beats sealy than we would have a 3 way tie.sealy4-1 bellville 4-1 and columbus 4-1,but i hope that doesnt come down like that.I would love to sealy beat bellville and columbus and win the district title.I hope i didn't get on any one foot i was just speculating okay.Then it will be sealy at giddings in first round of play-offs.I am pretty sure that bellville say that they will win this one with ease and go ahead and play Giddings and not lagrange,because giddings is #1 top eek! seed in div 2 and if bellville beats sealy than that makes sealy be #2 top seed and play lagrange in 1st rounds right.Exactly!!!!! ( eek! )

Big Cheese
10-31-2003, 01:54 AM
Pud, who are those freshmen hoss's you're talking about? I know that they have quite a few big guys on that freshman team, just wondering which ones you're talking about.

SintonFan
10-31-2003, 03:31 AM
If this matchup would happen I'd still want to see it. Something about the thought of La Grange and Bellville playing makes it kinda exciting IMO. If the game was played close to San Antonio(not at all likely) I'd like to go to this game. Somehow I don't think this would be a big blowout. Just a feeling...