5. Port Isabel (6-1)
6. Zapata (6-0)
7. LaVernia (6-1)
8. Wimberley (5-2)
9. Ingleside (7-1)
10. Llano (6-1)

dogdad
10-18-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm not into rankings, but I'd say that you've done a good job here, Matt. I can't disagree with your picks, especially Reg. 1 & 2 (don't know all that much about 3 & 4.)

gobblerfan02
10-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Region IV looks dead on matt!....looks good

Keith7
10-18-2004, 01:07 PM
no gainesville??

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure where Gainesville fits Keith. They shouldn't be above IP. Not sure that Vernon should be above Graham either. Heck I would like to see Vernon win a few more before I even see them in the top 10 here. Ok Keith I answered my own question. Here is how I rank them:

1. Decatur
2. Canyon (I can't rank Perryton above Canyon with Canyon yet to have a loss)
3. Abilene Wylie (I just cant go with Wylie 2nd as I'm hoping that there is not that much difference between Wylie and Decatur as what the scored showed between the two, nevertheless Canyon is undefeated and I have to give them the nod)
4. Perryton
5. Sweetwater (I think the Mustangs could beat Cooper given another shot)
6. Graham
7. Iowa Park
8. Lubbock Cooper
9. Snyder
10. Gainesville

What do you think?

Keith7
10-18-2004, 06:13 PM
I like it but only cuz Gainesville is in it.. do u think the Vernon- IP game was just a fluke??

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't really know. The Lions looked like the team last year that did so well. They got behind 21-7 at the half, but I was still impressed with the offensive play and in fact I spoke with Chief Woodman by phone at half-time and told him that the Lions were actually looking good and may get back in the game. They had some good drives in the first half that ended because of penalities. Had they not had those this game may not have been as close. We will see against Graham how good both Vernon and IP are. I still think IP is a dang good football team.

I will say that after the game as I walked to my vehicle, visions of a long playoff run were dancing around in my head. :)

I do have playoff questions though. What are teh brackets going to look like? Will district 1 play 2 and so on? If so will 5 play 6? And who do you think will be in it from 6. I think it will play out like this in district 5:

DI - Graham
DII Top seed - Vernon
DII Second seed - IP

That is if Vernon and Graham both beat Breckenridge. Graham plays them Friday and Vernon the last game. Graham and Vernon play in two weeks, but that game won't matter since Graham will go DI. Now if Graham beats Vernon and then IP goes and beats Graham then I have no idea what would happen. But see above as that is what is most likey to play out.

PPHSfan
10-18-2004, 07:09 PM
If we played the games this Friday Gainesville would beat 8 or 9 of the teams in your pick for region 1 and Pilot Point would beat at least 4 or 5 of them. I think you put way to much emphasis on the Pilot Point loss to Gainesville, as well as way to much emphasis on Gainesville's early losses.

When we are in week 3 of the playoffs you will all see what I am talking about.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
If we played the games this Friday Gainesville would beat 8 or 9 of the teams in your pick for region 1 and Pilot Point would beat at least 4 or 5 of them. I think you put way to much emphasis on the Pilot Point loss to Gainesville, as well as way to much emphasis on Gainesville's early losses.

What is Pilot Point's record now and who have they lost too? Have they played Bowie yet?

3 of the top ten come out of district 5 which will line up against district 6 the first round. We shall see if your correct on your assessment then.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 07:30 PM

Gainesville was beat by both Decatur and Iowa Park. Are those the only two that can't beat Gainesville? I'm not sure who you think Gainesville can beat? Didn't Gainesville beat Pilot Point? Who are they going to beat out of that list?

PPHSfan
10-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Gainesville will get Graham in round one, and Pilot Point will get Vernon or Iowa Park.

If we played the games this Friday, Gainesville and Pilot Point would both win easily.

Time will tell if any key injuries occur come playoff time.

Matthew knows this, he is just not gonna put his neck out on the line and say so.:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Gainesville will get Graham in round one, and Pilot Point will get Vernon or Iowa Park.

If we played the games this Friday, Gainesville and Pilot Point would both win easily.

Time will tell if any key injuries occur come playoff time.

Matthew knows this, he is just not gonna put his neck out on the line and say so.:D

HELLO---IP beat Gainesville. (Vernon beat IP ).

I don't really know what PP has this year. Or what their record is. I'm still curious about Bowie????

PPHSfan
10-18-2004, 07:37 PM
P.S.

Bowie will finish 4th in district.

The only reason they are 2-0 right now is because they played the two bottom teams in district first. They won't beat PP, Gainesville, or Sanger. They have already won their last game this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 07:39 PM
P.S.

Bowie will finish 4th in district.

The only reason they are 2-0 right now is because they played the two bottom teams in district first. They won't beat PP, Gainesville, or Sanger. They have already won their last game this year.

Have you seen them play? How bad did they beat those bottom teams? Who has PP played and what is their record? I think Bowie has a good team thsi year. I would be curious to know when PP plays Bowie and also who Bowie has played in non-district and what their total record is.

PPHSfan
10-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
HELLO---IP beat Gainesville. (Vernon beat IP ).

I don't really know what PP has this year. Or what their record is. I'm still curious about Bowie????

I am telling you, Gainesville is a different team than they were three weeks ago. You will see when we are three games deep in the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-18-2004, 07:41 PM
If Gainesville goes DI then they would get Graham first rattle. If they win that one (realize that Graham has lost 5 straight first round games and they do not want to go 1 and done again) They they would get Decatur? Not sure three weeks will make that much difference. That would be in week two exit by the way.

PPHSfan
10-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Have you seen them play? How bad did they beat those bottom teams? Who has PP played and what is their record? I think Bowie has a good team thsi year. I would be curious to know when PP plays Bowie and also who Bowie has played in non-district and what their total record is.

Bowie lost to 2a Boyd 33-57

lost to Jacksboro 2a 24-15

beat River Oaks 46-27

beat 2a Holliday 31-28

lost to lake worth 19-21

beat Pottsboro 26-0

beat Whitesboro 41-0

Everybody in District will beat Pottsboro and Whitesboro by a whole bunch.

PP called of the dogs at 32 with Whitesboro, and will do the same this week against Pottsboro.

football4life
10-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Im with Z here, hows the whole bracket thing gonna work? i know that canyon will end up playing either cooper or levelland, pending whether levelland gets the 3rd spot behind cooper or muleshoe. and how far down the line would they run into a gainesville or decatur?

MASH4077
10-18-2004, 09:38 PM
If i'm hearing pphs right, he is picking Gainesville to beat Decatur in the third round. Am I right?

MASH4077
10-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Oh! and by the way I'm not sure PP could grab a play-off spot in 7-3A after looking at PP's schedule where I could'nt find a quality win. PP beat Little Elm by 2 and 2-5 Bridgeport beat L.E. by 3 .

HighSchool Fan
10-18-2004, 11:01 PM
The way Gainesville is playing now, and with Purvey coming back this week, don't be surprised if Gainesville doesn't go deep into the playoffs. By saying deep, I mean atleast the 3rd round. Also, don't count out PP. The have a pretty solid team. They could very well go 3 to 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Good luck to Gainesville and PP the rest of the way.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
The way Gainesville is playing now, and with Purvey coming back this week, don't be surprised if Gainesville doesn't go deep into the playoffs. By saying deep, I mean atleast the 3rd round. Also, don't count out PP. The have a pretty solid team. They could very well go 3 to 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Good luck to Gainesville and PP the rest of the way.

it looks like gainesville will face decatur in the 2nd round though.. that will be a tough team to get past

3ABirdMan
10-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Region III

1. West Orange-Stark (4-2)
2. Kirbyville (6-1)
3. China Spring (7-0)
4. Marlin (7-1)
5. Jasper (5-2)
6. Rice Consolidated (6-1)
7. Cameron Yoe (7-0)
8. Barbers Hill (6-1)
9. Rusk (5-2)
10. Palestine (5-2)...

I don't see Kirbyville in the top 10 - Top 15, maybe, but not 10. YES, they did beat Jasper, while Jasper was missing several players, on their homecoming night, but Bridge City beat Kirbyville, while K'ville was missing a few starters. Jasper stomped BC, while missing their QB, supposedly one their most explosive weapons (they didn't need him against us!). I saw both games, and believe Jasper has much more talent and depth, not to to take anything away from K'ville. They just didn't impress me overall as much as Jasper.....

Barbers Hill dropped last Friday to Huffman Hargrave - I'm not sure BH still belongs, or if so, Huffman should be there also.....

Where is Silsbee? I have seen them play, against BC, and was IMPRESSED by their size, speed, and skill. I really look for them to give Jasper a GREAT game in week 10, and I'm not picking a winner yet!

NOTICE - NOT A HOMER POST! I haven't mentioned Bridge City anywhere except as an opponent. This is all based on respect for ALL of the teams listed. (OK, I'd put BC in the top 20, if you really wanted to know!)

Bubba-Joe
10-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Bubba - Joe's Rankins

#1 - Decature
#2 - Abilene Wyile
#3 - Graham
#4 - Canyon
#5 - Sweetwater
#6 - Perryton
#7 - Lubbock Cooper
#8 - Gainesville
#9 - Vernon
#10 - Iowa Park
#11 - Snyder
#12 - Pilot Point
#13 - Breckenridge
#14 - Sanger
#15 - Glen Rose

lilt1506
10-20-2004, 07:34 PM
what about Silsbee

SoulTaker_IP
10-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Gainesville ahead of iowa park???
iowa park man handled them 27-3 allowing no touchdowns......

maybe u should watch the teams preform rather then just put teams down that u like

HighSchool Fan
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
He realizes that Gainesville had a bad night. As bad as Gainesville was, any good team would of beat them by 40.

SoulTaker_IP
10-20-2004, 08:41 PM

Anyone can realize that they have a bad night..... iowa park had a bad night and they only lost 4 ap votes in the poll, the only people that realize that are people who actually watch ip play

what other 2 teams did they have a bad night against... or did they just get beat by them
i know royce city had their way with them

GreenMonster
10-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Does the Purvey kid play defense too? I can see the Gainesville offense being much better with him on the field but man their defense looked terrible. Iowa Park could have hung 50 on those boys had the coach not decided to play ball control in the second half and just gone for the jugular. I guess we will really have to wait and see what they do in the play-offs to answer this question. Also, if Vernon can keep it rolling they are top 3 maybe even top 2 in this region. Sorry IP fans, I don't think we had a bad night. We looked dang good until the momentum turned and even after that we didn't look bad we just got physically whipped at the point of attack by a good Vernon O-line and a tuff running fullback.

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by SoulTaker_IP

i know royce city had their way with them

Do you know anything about this game. Gainesville threw a pass for a TD that the ref called out of bounds. The correct call and Gainesville wins. Then Gainesville's kicker misses a FG that would of sent it to OT. Now tell how RC had their way with Gainesville.

lilt1506
10-21-2004, 09:35 PM
were is Silsbee

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Uhm, is it in East Texas?