PDA

View Full Version : 5A Surprise. . .

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 11:06 AM
CC Moody is now 7-0 and in route to a district Championship. Not bad for a 4A team playing in 5A because of travel costs. Also not bad is how the Moody Magic won the 5A state baseball title last year, also as a 4A school up a class. . .

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
dang...way to go Moody! :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 11:23 AM
im sure only about 25 out of the 2000 posters even know who CC Moody is, and thats because those 25 are from either Sinton, AP, or Ingleside. . .

raider red 2000
10-18-2004, 11:25 AM
i think that it is great....i know who they are....the trojans

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i think that it is great....i know who they are....the trojans
yessir, they have a great young QB, only a Jr and the starting pitcher for the baseball team

DawgFan91
10-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
CC Moody is now 7-0 and in route to a district Championship. Not bad for a 4A team playing in 5A because of travel costs. Also not bad is how the Moody Magic won the 5A state baseball title last year, also as a 4A school up a class. . .

Explain this 4A/5A thing to me. Calallen is 4A so I know there are 4A schools around there. What is the travel problem? Never heard of this...

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-18-2004, 11:53 AM
ive even heard of this happening to a 3a school in west texas having to play w/ 5a schools because of travel costs. sometimes the school board will opt too play in a district w/ a bunch of larger schools so they dont have to travel 4 or 5 hours to play someone the same size as they are. i dont know the year that this occuredor the school, but maybe some of you west texans can put some insight to this. from what i remember the 3a school was able to compete in everysport but football, inwhich they got their behinds handed to them each week.

big daddy russ
10-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
Explain this 4A/5A thing to me. Calallen is 4A so I know there are 4A schools around there. What is the travel problem? Never heard of this...
It's complicated... if Moody did drop down then that district would be split, and there would be five Corpus schools (Tuloso-Midway, Calallen, Moody, Flour Bluff and another 5A w/ 4A numbers, Miller) right in the middle of it all. Some of the teams would probably be sent south to join a valley district and half would be sent north to join the Beeville/San Antonio district. And since those Corpus schools are right in the middle of the current district, figuring out where to put them is just as tough. Some games could be a three-hour drive. It's a real big mess.

This area just doesn't work out, numbers-wise, for those schools. Exact same thing happened over in Zapata back in the 90's. They had a school of less than 900 kids playing in 5A because Laredo didn't have any 4A schools. They would've had to play Valley teams or Corpus teams, which are all a couple hours away.

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91

Miller and Moody.
IF they sent M&M to the 4A ranks, the 3 5A schools would be stuck playing in away games in the valley and in san Antonio, depending on what district they were put in. the nearest 5A school to Corpus, if Victoria Memorial. So to save costs, the 2 4As play in 5A.

the EASIEST way to solve this problem though, would be a 6th HS in corpus, and that would put 6 4A schools in the city, and create a new district there, realigning the old districts around the area. I know that Calallen, FB, TM, GP, Kingsville, RF. Alice, Beeville, and a couple other are the 4A schools. RIght now, i believe Beeville plays north with the southside area of San Antonio. . .
all from what i understand. .