PDA

View Full Version : The TRUTH about Kirbyville/Jasper

x-pro
10-18-2004, 10:08 AM
I know this is like beating a dead horse because there are already a few threads about this, but I have to clear a few things up. First of all, I am not a Kirbyville fan or a Jasper fan. I am a football fan. I was up that way hunting, and decided to go see a good rivalry game. This is a completely unbiased observation of what happened. I heard that Jasper was missing several starters.(false) I matched up all the numbers listed in the program with players on the field. The kids Jasper had playing were bigger, faster, and stronger than Kirbyville's. There was also about 50 of them compared to Kirbyville's 30. Kirbyville's coaches had offensive and defensive gameplans that exploited Jasper's weaknesses, and their kids executed them perfectly. I don't know who Jasper's DC is, and I'm sure he is a great coach, but he did not have his defense prepared to line up to Kirbyville's many formations. Their kids looked confused many times and did not know how to line up. Kirbyville took advantage of this and ran where they weren't. As far as officiating, there were several calls that went Jasper's way that were questionable. You have to remember that the home team chooses the officiating crew. Also, the hometown clock operator was attempting to give Jasper more time by stopping the clock on his own many times in the second half. Jasper had more and superior athletes on the field, but were outplayed and outcoached. Congratulations Wildcats on a complete and uninfluenced victory over a full strength Jasper team.

sphinx-1906
10-18-2004, 10:13 AM
WOW!

Junkyard
10-18-2004, 10:15 AM
1) The home team does not pick the officials they are agreed upon by both teams.
2) Jasper had less then 40 kids on the sideline in uniform about 8 more than Kirbyville.
3)By midway into the first quarter Jasper was playing with out 5 offensive and 6 defensive starters.

Get the facts straight.

No excuses K'ville kicked our butts, they were the much better team that night.

JasperDog94
10-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by x-pro
I know this is like beating a dead horse because there are already a few threads about this, but I have to clear a few things up. First of all, I am not a Kirbyville fan or a Jasper fan. I am a football fan. I was up that way hunting, and decided to go see a good rivalry game. This is a completely unbiased observation of what happened. I heard that Jasper was missing several starters.(false) I matched up all the numbers listed in the program with players on the field. The kids Jasper had playing were bigger, faster, and stronger than Kirbyville's. There was also about 50 of them compared to Kirbyville's 30. Kirbyville's coaches had offensive and defensive gameplans that exploited Jasper's weaknesses, and their kids executed them perfectly. I don't know who Jasper's DC is, and I'm sure he is a great coach, but he did not have his defense prepared to line up to Kirbyville's many formations. Their kids looked confused many times and did not know how to line up. Kirbyville took advantage of this and ran where they weren't. As far as officiating, there were several calls that went Jasper's way that were questionable. You have to remember that the home team chooses the officiating crew. Also, the hometown clock operator was attempting to give Jasper more time by stopping the clock on his own many times in the second half. Jasper had more and superior athletes on the field, but were outplayed and outcoached. Congratulations Wildcats on a complete and uninfluenced victory over a full strength Jasper team.

Wrong on 2 counts. Jasper only has 36 players. Huge difference between 36 and 50. And in the second half Jasper was not at full strength due to injuries.

JasperDog94
10-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard
1) The home team does not pick the officials they are agreed upon by both teams.
2) Jasper had less then 40 kids on the sideline in uniform about 8 more than Kirbyville.
3)By midway into the first quarter Jasper was playing with out 5 offensive and 6 defensive starters.

Get the facts straight.

No excuses K'ville kicked our butts, they were the much better team that night. :doh: :doh: :doh:

K-ville BBAll 20
10-18-2004, 10:29 AM
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

southern_thunder
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by K-ville BBAll 20
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

What are you talking about?

BigKilla
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Jasper was not a full strength due to injuries AFTER halftime because it was too many pad poppin tackles that sunt Jaspers pretty boy runners to the sidelines. So just deal with the loss and look forward to next week because we are.

x-pro
10-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard

Get the facts straight.

No excuses K'ville kicked our butts, they were the much better team that night.
Sorry about the # of kids problem, but I said about 50. There is a big difference between 36 and 50. It was 36 good looking kids that will probably have no problem winning the rest of them. I thought the officials are chosen by the home team though, and have to be approved by the opposing team. This is how it used to be, unless something has changed. No big deal though.

K-ville BBAll 20
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Niney-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:35 AM
GIMME A BREAK!!.....WAAAAAHHH!!! Jasper lost, Kirbyville won...its OVER....move on and look forward to THIS week. no need to dwell in the past.

*edited for a certain sensative poster

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Why don't you go back and remove the Almighty from your post. That isn't needed.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Why don't you go back and remove the Almighty from your post. That isn't needed. how about looking up the 1st amendment for me? sorry to have offended you.

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 10:45 AM
How 'bout I report the post to the moderators? I'm certain they'll take my side.

DawgFan91
10-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by x-pro
I thought the officials are chosen by the home team though, and have to be approved by the opposing team. This is how it used to be, unless something has changed. No big deal though.

That is an interesting point about the officials. I think that when they do the district meeting with the coaches, they choose the officials out of their region that they want for particular games. That is all set before the season starts. I believe they have some "rules" where you can only have certain refs at your home game a certain number of times or something like that. The whole notion of "homer" refs or whatever for the most part is B.S. anymore.

If anyone is an official, I would love to be refreshed on how that process works...just out of curiosity.

As far as the game goes... I was shocked like a lot of people. I saw Kirbyville play early in the season and they didn't look like they could've stayed within 20 points of Jasper. If Jasper had kids injured in the second half, what was the problem in the first half?

When x-pro was giving his analysis and mentioned Jasper couldn't line up correctly on defense, it sure reminded me of the playoff game 2 years ago against Burnet. WR's were totally uncovered and defensive backs were running into each other. I sure hope they can get it together.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
How 'bout I report the post to the moderators? I'm certain they'll take my side. if you feel that strongly about it....i'll remove it...but i cant help but think the only reason youre making a big deal is because youre sore at what my post implied...not the fact that i used the Lord's name.

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Nope, I'm not sore about the rest of your post, just the first part. I'm the first to admit we got our butts whipped.

Thanks.

JasperDog94
10-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
GIMME A BREAK!!.....WAAAAAHHH!!! Jasper lost, Kirbyville won...its OVER....move on and look forward to THIS week. no need to dwell in the past.

*edited for a certain sensative poster Make that two sensitive posters. But thanks for editing it.:)

JasperDog94
10-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BigKilla
...it was too many pad poppin tackles that sunt Jaspers pretty boy runners to the sidelines... Way to win with some dignity.:rolleyes: Try to accept your victory without belittling your opponents.

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:57 AM
hey guys....no problem...it wasnt meant as taking the Lord's name in vain...it was more like calling out to him to make it stop!! ;)

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, you certainly got our attention! :D

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
no harm intended.....who do yall play this week? i feel sorry for whoever it is!!

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 11:11 AM
the truth is that this was a group of kids that beat another group of kids on a friday night in a football stadium. Nothing more nothing less. Lets get on with our lives, and quit putting so much emphasis on a game in which we had no part of, other than cheering on these fine young men. Remember what the poem said. . . He is only a boy. . .

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 11:21 AM
@ Coldspring

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 11:27 AM
hmmm...havent heard much about em......so i'm guessing theres a reason for that. i'm gonna stick w/ my story...Jasper comes out fired up w/ something to prove ...and does so w/ authority.

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 11:50 AM
From what I've seen, Coldspring isn't very strong this year. I'd rather be playing Shepherd this week. I think they're tougher than Coldspring and I'd rather we take our angst out on a tougher team. Heck, if we fumble the ball 8 times again vs Coldspring... who knows, it could be a long winter spring and summer! :eek:

Wildcat22
10-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Kirbyville beat the brakes off Jasper that's final they had all their key players on the field and all the injuries come from within the game not before it so all you sore losing Jasper fans suck it up and get ready for Silsbee

DawgFan91
10-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BigKilla
Jasper was not a full strength due to injuries AFTER halftime because it was too many pad poppin tackles that sunt Jaspers pretty boy runners to the sidelines.

This is the second post I have read in the last week where the word "sunt" was used. I think it used to be "sent" when I was younger and was curious when the spelling change occurred. I am not sure who spelled it that way before (could've been BigKilla) but I noticed that the "e" and the "u" on the keyboard aren't near each other. In fact, if you actually use two hands instead of one finger to type, the "e" is a lefty and the "u" would be a righty.

At least that is what Mrs. Moore taught me back in my typing class at JHS.

Jason1725
10-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Kirbyville beat the brakes off Jasper that's final they had all their key players on the field and all the injuries come from within the game not before it so all you sore losing Jasper fans suck it up and get ready for Silsbee

Not true Jasper lost two players to grades and had 2 players hurt who did not play. One ran on the field after Jaspers first score and was flagged so get you're facts straight

White&Crimson
10-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
At least that is what Mrs. Moore taught me back in my typing class at JHS.

Good ol' Mrs. Moore. She was a great teacher. :)

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Jason, are you still working down in K-ville?

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by White&Crimson
Good ol' Mrs. Moore. She was a great teacher. :)

I really enjoyed her too. I took typing when I was a Junior and I was in that class with a bunch of Freshmen. She was always giving those freshmen a hard time. She seemed to respect the upper-classmen a little more. For that reason, her class was hilarious.

Jody
10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Congrats Kirbyville! That was a quality win, however it occured. I wished I could do a little more bragging and trash talking, but BH played a terible game Friday night and we also got beat. Congrats to Huffman as well.

There was also a VERY bad call that cost us a touchdown, but like I said about Bridge City, when you turn the ball ober 6 or 7 times, you don't deserve to win.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for Jasper and BH. Two good teams, with a lesson having been givin.

Jason1725
10-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Jason, are you still working down in K-ville?

Nope I wanted to do Jasper games so I am doing them for KJAS, Nothing against Kirbyville although this trash talking is a little much, you would think they just beat New England, but I guess to them Jasper is New England. But it's like coach Lauve said after the game, that this did nothing to take away from their goal of a State Championship which I suppose is the difference between the two teams. Kirbyville's goal seemed to be to beat Jasper this year, Jasper's is to win State. Actually the Wildcats might have did us a big favor and tought them not to over look anyone anymore. This is a big wakeup call that I am sure we needed at this time. It's good for the coaches, players, and even the fans. To show us just because we are the Bulldogs doesn't mean it's gonna be an easy ride. They have to fucus and play each game like it is the State Championship, which I am sure that if they do they will be potent. If not it's going to be a long winter.

JasperDog94
10-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Great post Jason. I couldn't agree more.

spiveyrat
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
So that's why we've seen a little more coverage on their site this year!

Jason1725
10-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Yeah it's me, also fucus is of course supposed to be focus.