PDA

View Full Version : A&m #17

AggieJohn
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
A&M moves to number seventeen in the AP poll this week by beating the pokes with go to number 22

Flourhead
10-17-2004, 06:56 PM
after next week, a&m will jump past UT.... go aggies:D

CHSBaseball07
10-17-2004, 07:03 PM
They can jump ahead all they want..........i bet any money that all A&M fans will brag their heads off if they jump ahead of texas in any polls.....until the day comes......right after thanksgiving.....yes its that day that all aggie fans dread i know......

HOOK EM

TEXAS FIGHT! TEXAS FIGHT!

big daddy russ
10-17-2004, 07:03 PM
They're getting better every week. The Ags belong in the top-15 and Reggie belongs in Heisman discussions. The only teams that should really scare them from here out are the Sooners and the Red Raiders.

Unless UT starts working on their passing game soon, I think the Aggies beat 'em. I just can't see the Longhorns winning a game against a team this tough right now. Vince is in that "in-between" stage where he's not a surprise anymore but the game hasn't slowed down to him just yet. Teams have tape on him and can adjust to what he does, compensate for his strengths and exploit his weaknesses. Reggie was there last year.

You can't beat the Aggies unless they respect your passing game.

Bulldog_12
10-17-2004, 07:09 PM
I agree, I think Reggie should definately be brought up in Heisman discussions. Nationally, he is the only player averaging 70 rushing yards 200 passing yards a game. This week he was name the National Player of the Week by the Walter Camp Football Foundation. He has an impressive resume, but I think that the Aggies haven't gotten as much recognition as the other candidates' teams have gotten. Hopefully it will change. He has really surprised me this year.

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2004, 07:15 PM
If a&m can beat ou I agree that Reggie should be talked about in the Heisman discussion, but even if they do beat ou the talk will end as soon as UT beats a&m

big daddy russ
10-17-2004, 07:31 PM
If they manage to pull an upset against UT and only lose one game from here on out, I think Reggie has a pretty good shot at being invited to New York in December. The only other players that I think are Heisman-worthy this year are Aaron Rogers over at Cal, Adrian Peterson, Reggie and on the outside-looking-in are Leinart (just hasn't had that standout game where you really think that USC just could not live without him... may get a ticket to the DAC as a "best player on the best team" selection), Vernand Morency, Antrell Rolle, Kyle Orton (still has an outside chance) and Alex Smith up at Utah.

Bulldog_12
10-17-2004, 07:31 PM
It really wouldn't matter if they lost. If McNeal has a stellar game in a big game, but just comes up short teamwise, he could still be considered. It just helps to win because the Heisman is picked by the fans. Most fans do just look at the teams record and how big they win to help them pick and thats a shame because there are so many good players out there that won't ever have a chance at it because they are at a school who doesn't get much coverage.

AggieJohn
10-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
They can jump ahead all they want..........i bet any money that all A&M fans will brag their heads off if they jump ahead of texas in any polls.....until the day comes......right after thanksgiving.....yes its that day that all aggie fans dread i know......

HOOK EM

i don't dread it, DKR isn't threatening, it's not as personal as KYLE is...i've seen it

Panther Ross
10-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07

HOOK EM

Why? Aggies spirits are extremely high Texas is barely getting by teams that are ranked 24 in the nation, if you are a longhorn,and are not worried about the aggies than you have some serious problems.

AggieJohn
10-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Why? Aggies spirits are extremely high Texas is barely getting by teams that are ranked 24 in the nation, if you are a longhorn,and are not worried about the aggies than you have some serious problems.

this is going to be a good year in the big 12

JasperDog94
10-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Why? Aggies spirits are extremely high Texas is barely getting by teams that are ranked 24 in the nation, if you are a longhorn,and are not worried about the aggies than you have some serious problems. I would agree with that. A&M is showing that they are for real this year. Looks like that Thanksgiving game is going to be a lot closer this year than in year's past.