PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't tickets to the Llano game sold in advance?

BHS#1
10-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Just curious why all other schools send them to the school so we can but tickets before the game.

jason
10-12-2003, 04:24 PM
its a district game....all tickets cost the same i believe...

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2003, 04:30 PM
BHS#1:
Just curious why all other schools send them to the school so we can but tickets before the game.I don't believe we send tickets to the other schools. But not everyone has 5,000-7,000 fans that travel to every out of town game, like Burnet does. It's hard to seat that many visitors unless you're a school like RR that can build a $20 mil facility. eek!

3afan
10-12-2003, 04:49 PM
LH Panther Mom:

BHS#1:
Just curious why all other schools send them to the school so we can but tickets before the game.I don't believe we send tickets to the other schools. But not everyone has 5,000-7,000 fans that travel to every out of town game, like Burnet does. It's hard to seat that many visitors unless you're a school like RR that can build a $20 mil facility. eek! great - here we go again .........

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 05:20 PM
jason:
its a district game....all tickets cost the same i believe...It dosnt matter what kind of game it is tickets will cost the same the whole season, unless they do what forney does and sell at school ofr less than you would have to pay at the gate

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

LHMom
10-12-2003, 09:07 PM
LH Panther Mom:

BHS#1:
Just curious why all other schools send them to the school so we can but tickets before the game.I don't believe we send tickets to the other schools. But not everyone has 5,000-7,000 fans that travel to every out of town game, like Burnet does. It's hard to seat that many visitors unless you're a school like RR that can build a $20 mil facility. eek! That is correct. Liberty Hill does not pre-sell any tickets. Remember the lines last year for the Burnet game? We were in line, too.

Old Dog
10-12-2003, 10:58 PM
3afan, I know it has been hard for you to buy, but Burnet fans do come out to watch. As I have stated on here before, it's a social event in a small town that doesn't have a lot of swinging evening doings.

By the way, the Austin media (not Burnet) reported 6700 at the Burnet/Llano game.

jason
10-12-2003, 11:05 PM
there were a lot of people at the game i was at...not 7,000 though...maybe 5k...

Old Dog
10-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Thanks for straigtening me out guys, I was there too! I'll get on the horn first thing Monday and call the Statesman and let them know they don't know what they're talking about. Personally, counting the crowd was the last thing on my mind.

Some of you really have a way to take the enjoyment out of this board with your constant chanlleges. I was passing on media info; if you want to bitch, contact "statesman.com" on the web.....don't "e-shoot" the messenger.

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

3afan
10-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Old Dog:
3afan, I know it has been hard for you to buy, but Burnet fans do come out to watch. As I have stated on here before, it's a social event in a small town that doesn't have a lot of swinging evening doings.

By the way, the Austin media (not Burnet) reported 6700 at the Burnet/Llano game.i've said all along that everyone over-estimates their crowds (even where i'm from and we have a tremendous following for a 3A school) and i'll stand by that - its just my opinion, dont take it to heart. cheers ......

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

3afan
10-13-2003, 07:02 AM
jason:
there were a lot of people at the game i was at...not 7,000 though...maybe 5k...Old Dog - he said "the game i was at" ... he didn't say it was the Burnet/Llano game - and it wasn't. If the Statesman said 6700 people were there then thats probably a reasonable, unbiased estimate. even i've said iin the past few weeks that "independent" estimates from reporters were much more reliable than anyone from either team 'cause they tend to over-estimate. its natural. everyone does it. thats MY opinion.

Old Dog
10-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Roger on all that.....

One thing's for sure, not ALL attendees are there to see the game. Lots are just there to socialize and couldn't tell you the final score if their lives depended on it.

3afan
10-13-2003, 12:12 PM
kinda like a Stars/Mavericks game .....

St. Ivender
10-13-2003, 12:55 PM
My sons and I went to the Baytown Sterling vs. Baytown Lee game Friday night (one of my sons goes to Sterling) and I had my first experience with a metal detector at a football game. We bought our tickets in advance at a greatly reduced rate but had to wait in the metal detector line 20 minutes. Stallworth Stadium was packed. It rivaled the best crowds I had ever seen for a 3A playoff game. Consider yourself fortunate that you can fill a 7000 seat stadium. Most 3A schools can not.

whtfbplaya
10-13-2003, 07:00 PM
It wasnt no tickets sold in advance cause cant no body round there think bout stuff likeis befo time as you cans.

3afan2K3
10-13-2003, 07:06 PM
whtfbplaya:
It wasnt no tickets sold in advance cause cant no body round there think bout stuff likeis befo time as you cans.HUH??????? eek! eek! eek! eek!

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 07:09 PM
3afan2K3:

whtfbplaya:
It wasnt no tickets sold in advance cause cant no body round there think bout stuff likeis befo time as you cans.HUH??????? eek! eek! eek! eek! 3Afan can't you leave anyone alone, or do you just look for people to make fun of?

3afan2K3
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
PAINTBALL:

3afan2K3:

whtfbplaya:
It wasnt no tickets sold in advance cause cant no body round there think bout stuff likeis befo time as you cans.HUH??????? eek! eek! eek! eek! 3Afan can't you leave anyone alone, or do you just look for people to make fun of?It was a simple question!!!!!!!!

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 07:27 PM
3afan2K3:

PAINTBALL:

3afan2K3:

whtfbplaya:
It wasnt no tickets sold in advance cause cant no body round there think bout stuff likeis befo time as you cans.HUH??????? eek! eek! eek! eek! 3Afan can't you leave anyone alone, or do you just look for people to make fun of?It was a simple question!!!!!!!!I have serious doubt that any of your post are intended as "a simple question" :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>