PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Lose

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Going into the 3rd quarter with a 20-10 lead Dallas gives up 14 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to lose to the Steelers 24-20

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2004, 06:52 PM
That's a big shock. :rolleyes:

flourface
10-17-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah, really

Flourhead
10-17-2004, 06:58 PM
testaverde is by far the worst qb in the league... and parcells is just as bad for letting him play and cutting quincy... vinny has absolutely no awareness and if dbs could catch passes he would throw at least 3 ints per game

Bandera YaYa
10-17-2004, 08:12 PM
WOOHOO!!!!! THE COWBOYS LOST !!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! :D :D

Keith7
10-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
testaverde is by far the worst qb in the league... and parcells is just as bad for letting him play and cutting quincy... vinny has absolutely no awareness and if dbs could catch passes he would throw at least 3 ints per game

here are his stats for today

23/36 284 yards 1 td 0 ints.

hardly the stats of the worst QB in the league.. maybe you should blame the cowboy's troubles on 1. coaching calls.. and 2. penatlys and 3. they ran into a hot team

you cant say something and not back it up with at least some info.. if u wanna talk about the worst QBs in the league talk about teams like miami, arizona, or even tampa bay...

and i'm not a cowboy fan.. i love the eagles, i have since i was little.. so i hate the cowboys.. but vinny is not the worst QB

Flourhead
10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
keith--- he cant move around in the pocket and he just stands there and doesnt protect the ball... so of course the steelers just hit the ball, forced a fumble, recovered, and they probably scored that drive... im not sure... all i know is that an immobile qb like vinny is worthless in the nfl right now

Keith7
10-17-2004, 08:38 PM
welll how is Kurt Warner effective?? or Brad Johnson a couple of years ago??

sinton66
10-17-2004, 08:40 PM
If you had watched the game, you would know that the Steelers did NOT cause the fumble. Dallas' RB Anderson caused it. He was trying to get in front of Vinny to block and accidently knocked the ball out of Vinny's hand. It was scooped up by a Steeler.

mulefan
10-17-2004, 08:41 PM
GO STEELERS!

LST_Terry
10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
The fumble was not because he could not move, it was because Richie Anderson got in the way. I blamed last week's loss on coaching to an extent, this week they got beat in one of those strange ways that seems to happen once or twice a year to every team. It looks worse because of last week's loss and the fact they dropped two in a row at home.

This team is going to be in every game they play for the most part, they have got to eliminate the stupid mistakes. The Witten fumble when he had a first down but the ball rolled out of bounds, that hurt. Barned not falling on the fumble when it was there for his taking really hurt. This team is a play or two from winning the last two games.

Don't fret..2-3 is not as bad into today's NFL as it was say 5 years ago.

Keith7
10-17-2004, 08:44 PM
too bad philly already has the division wrapped up

Flourhead
10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
welll how is Kurt Warner effective?? or Brad Johnson a couple of years ago??

kurt warner --- marshall faulk, torry holt, issac bruce, hakim, and a very good line

brad johnson -- keyshawn johnson, keenan mccardell, ken dilger, mike alstott, and a very good line

the cowboys have a decent line and some okay receivers... keyshawn is a star but he doesnt get the ball enough... glenn is having to do almost everything... the point is, vinny is too slow in making his decisions and can not scramble... that makes it a lot easier for a defense to defend the pass... if they can drop 7 guys back in coverage than its very hard for a wr to get open

Keith7
10-17-2004, 08:48 PM
well then shouldnt u be complaining about the WR's and RB's other then Venny???;)

LST_Terry
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
The problem is not Vinnny..NO RUNNING GAME...if they had a true RB threat then things would open up for Vinny

creditcard
10-17-2004, 08:53 PM
put it this way if all the cowboys fans in the world want to save theirselves embarrassment every year please just switch teams.......i have no clue why people thought it would be different this year with parcells....answer me this does parcells suit out and play?????? then how could he make that much of a difference for a team

LST_Terry
10-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Well let's see
He took a team that was 5-11 3 years running and with no running game, a QB who was below average at best, no WR and no OL and won 10 games

this year he has taken a team with no conerbacks with more than 2 years. no running game, and an aging QB and could easily be 4-1 or 3-2...To me that shows he has done something

Flourhead
parcells has made a difference in the discipline of the team... but now he has a losing record because of a qb that does not pose a threat at being able to scramble.... the running game would be fine if eddie or richie would get over 15 carries a game... he spreads it out too much and calls dumb plays... he needs to go back to the basics cuz what he's doing now isnt working worth a crap.... and of course the idiot cut derek ross last year... good one... we see how good ur secondary turned out.... u give up mario edwards... maybe its up to jerry to resign him but parcells has control of the team and he let him go... good job idiot... now u have a new starter at cb every week that isnt worth a crap... so i guess now that we've debated about all of this, its parcells's decisions that have put the cowboys in their hole

big daddy russ
keith--- he cant move around in the pocket and he just stands there and doesnt protect the ball... so of course the steelers just hit the ball, forced a fumble, recovered, and they probably scored that drive... im not sure... all i know is that an immobile qb like vinny is worthless in the nfl right now

Then Dan Marino should've never been a great QB. He had an average line for most of his career and average receivers after the Marks brothers left. He ran a 7-second 40 and had hip replacement surgery sometime in the mid-90's.:rolleyes: He couldn't match the speed of a three-toed sloth, but on his behalf was slightly more agile.

Kurt Warner is the closest thing to him in today's league and he's doing pretty good this year with the G-Men. What it all comes down to is this: decision-making, accuracy and release. If you can let that ball go in the blink of an eye you make your linemen look ten times better than they really are.

BTW, are you going to get a sig like Flourface's? I love his.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2004, 09:02 PM
I stopped being a true Cowboys fan years ago during the Jimmy Johnson days. Not necessarily because of him, but more because of the actions of some of the players. I still root for them occasionally, but they haven't mattered to me in a while. I've had a lot of respect for Testaverde, starting with when Tech had the misfortune to schedule them. Carter had not done much for the 'Boys overall. I've gained a lot more respect for the Cowboys since Parcells stood up to Jerry Jones.

Flourhead
10-17-2004, 09:03 PM
yeah i will if someone can make one for me

Keith7
10-17-2004, 09:04 PM
yeah i will if someone can make one for me

NOT IT!!!

sinton66
10-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
put it this way if all the cowboys fans in the world want to save theirselves embarrassment every year please just switch teams.......i have no clue why people thought it would be different this year with parcells....answer me this does parcells suit out and play?????? then how could he make that much of a difference for a team

Did Jimmy Johnson make a difference in the team when he was there? Don't kid yourself that the coach isn't a VERY big part of the game of football.

creditcard
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM
but in the glory days of cowboy football they had many big name stars.....look at what they have today compared to the super bowl days

Keith7
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
but in the glory days of cowboy football they had many big name stars.....look at what they have today compared to the super bowl days

you can blame the salary cap for that.. believe me Jerry Jones would sign the best if he could afford it

creditcard
10-17-2004, 09:11 PM
i think most people want to blama jerry jones for everything
lol

JasperDog94
10-17-2004, 09:24 PM
...and the Cowboy haters have officially surfaced...:rolleyes:

PhiI C
10-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Be patient everyone! The Cowboys will be back. And the salary cap is what has hurt the Cowboys and not the money. If we didn't have a cap Jerry would have the Cowboys to football what the Yankees are to baseball. But that is why they probably established the salary cap when Jerry became the owner so that Cowboys couldn't rule.

PI-fan
10-18-2004, 12:48 AM
I can't believe they didn't blitz the Steeler's rookie qb more :mad: he was like 10 for 13 at one time with plenty of time to throw... well more time than Vinny :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
cowboys lose? whats new?

AggieJohn
10-18-2004, 01:54 AM
i liked the little hook and ladder play they did at the end...it was tight

spiveyrat
10-18-2004, 06:19 AM
I've never seen a game given away quite like that one. :(

JasperDog94
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
What's the deal with instant replay? Glenn clearly was coming down inbounds when the defender knocked him out. The announcers said that the replay booth can't make that call. If they can't make the correct call, then just do away with instant replay all together.:mad:

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 09:51 AM
testaverde is by far the worst qb in the league... and parcells is just as bad for letting him play and cutting quincy... vinny has absolutely no awareness and if dbs could catch passes he would throw at least 3 ints per game hell...i figured the Steelers would dominate this game from the start...but i disagree w/ the QB statement....yeah...Vinny isnt the best QB...but hes FAR better than Carter ever THOUGHT about being...you wanna talk about no awareness....Carter was a HORRIBLE QB...you could watch him and TELL he couldnt think quick enough to be a QB...great athelete....but NOT a QB

AggieJohn
10-18-2004, 10:23 AM
carter is like vince young of the NFL, ton's of talent, no smarts in being a QB