PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Ingleside

Pages : [1] 2

G-P King
10-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Ingleside? Ya, Ingleside has woken up the district. Do yall think they will give Sinton a good game?

sinton66
10-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Well, we have Mathis to worry about first, we'll worry about Ingleside after next Friday. One game at a time.....;)

I do, however, think they will give us a good game. Ingleside has a coach that will be getting lots of attention over the next few years. He has them fired up and playing well.

big daddy russ
10-17-2004, 06:11 PM
The thing with Ingleside that gives other teams fits is the fact that they're a passing team. Most teams down here don't get to play or practice against a passing offense on a regular basis. It'll give Sinton a good warmup before the playoffs, and the Mustangs might even give the Pirates a little scare, but Ingleside is definitely a heavy underdog.

If the 'Stangs play lights out and catch the Sinton blackshirts off guard, then they might be able to sneak one past the Pirates. Burnet gave Sinton fits the last couple of years with a similar type of offense, but then again Ingleside is no Burnet.

IHStangFan
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
well said Russ....i think that pretty much sums it up.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2004, 10:26 PM
The problem wouldnt be if Sintons Defense can stop Ingleside, it will be can Ingleside keep up with the Pirates Offense, Pirates havent given up long drives only to GP late in the game, But they have been vulnerable to giving up some big plays. They'll give up a couple to Ingleside if they do have some speed, but just dont see them driving it against Sinton Defense. Should be a good game and hopefully prepares both teams for the playoffs. But First lets take care of Mathis.

SINTON81
10-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Now that Sinton's played Mathis, They can focus on Ingleside. I say Sinton by 21.

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Yes Sinton 81 now we can concentrate on Ingleside. The Gulf Shore Waves will be rumbling under the collision of these two giants who will have more influence on them than the moon gravity at high tide. It will be a close one. Remember Ingleside was off last night and they were in full scouting force last night taking advantage of their week off plus they have the home field advantage. I say Sinton will win a close one by about 24 to 20.

tap_tx_sinton
10-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Did anyone notice at the game on the other side of the field in the stand all the blue. Coach must of had the whole Ingleside team in the stands watching sinton. Most left during the start of the fourth. Hey guys next time you step onto another field show that you all have some class and treat it like its you own. Several guys throwing there hand in the air as they left the gate at our side, come on. Way to go Sinton good game..

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
It will be a close one. Remember Ingleside was off last night and they were in full scouting force last night taking advantage of their week off plus they have the home field advantage. I say Sinton will win a close one by about 24 to 20 points.

There u go Godfather now u understanding what a close game is for the Pirates. but 24 to 20 points is a little low.

Sinton 45 Ingleside 13

PhiI C
10-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Caught me there SintonFAn in Austin. I meant Sinton would win 24 to 20. See my post above. Sorry about the typo. :)

sinton66
10-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Sinton by three touchdowns. Look for Sinton to pick off a couple of those passes, and to throw a few good passes of their own.

sinfan75
10-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Sinton takes title no.4 in a row.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2004, 03:37 PM
West Texas goes South. I'll be at this game rooting for the Pirates! Can't wait for this one.

rgn4fb
10-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by tap_tx_sinton
Did anyone notice at the game on the other side of the field in the stand all the blue. Coach must of had the whole Ingleside team in the stands watching sinton. Most left during the start of the fourth. Hey guys next time you step onto another field show that you all have some class and treat it like its you own. Several guys throwing there hand in the air as they left the gate at our side, come on. Way to go Sinton good game..

I was at this game by the fence and I do agree that the Ingleside players should have shown more class, but did you here how they were provoked? Several classless Sinton fans began jeering at them saying that Ingleside sucks and they are going to get beat bad. I hope the team does not have that attitude. Come on Sinton fans, we need to show some class to get some class. I also saw several fans trying to provoke, perhaps in fun, the two Hesseltine coaches that are from Sinton. We need to remember that we are supposed to beat Ingleside and some of our fans need to quit acting like we are the underdogs going to upset the Mustangs.

sinton66
10-23-2004, 04:54 PM
I didn't see any of this, but would have said something if I had. The Hesseltine boys are good people and deserve respect. This is out of character for most Sinton fans, however, I suppose we all have our overly-fanatical supporters. Let me be the first to apologize to Graig and Darrell on behalf of good Sinton people everywhere. Best of luck to Ingleside and let's all pray for an injury free game.

PI-fan
10-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Sinton by 24 + ;)

IHStangFan
10-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
I was at this game by the fence and I do agree that the Ingleside players should have shown more class, but did you here how they were provoked? Several classless Sinton fans began jeering at them saying that Ingleside sucks and they are going to get beat bad. I hope the team does not have that attitude. Come on Sinton fans, we need to show some class to get some class. I also saw several fans trying to provoke, perhaps in fun, the two Hesseltine coaches that are from Sinton. We need to remember that we are supposed to beat Ingleside and some of our fans need to quit acting like we are the underdogs going to upset the Mustangs. this is too bad...... hope come game time next friday, all the crap can be put aside and we can see a great football game. i dont know that the Sinton boys should go into Ingleside w/ that kinda of over-confidence, i realize they have beat everyone else in district convincingly...but then again...Ingleside isnt everyone else in the district......so without further adue.......my prediction...

Sinton comes in way over-confident, and gets shocked...

Ingleside by 3 ;)

Good Luck Pirates and Mustangs!!

ya GOTTA go w/ the home team guys!

sinton66
10-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Nice dream, no way Sinton over-looks anybody. The above comment was about FANS, not players on the Sinton team.

big daddy russ
10-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Nice dream, no way Sinton over-looks anybody. The above comment was about FANS, not players on the Sinton team.
First passing team Sinton's faced. Ingleside by a FG.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

First passing Defense ingleside has face and front line of pirates defense wont give him much time. But sinton is weak on some type plays but not saying :D :D :D

Sinton by 32 45-13:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :wave: :wave:

AP Panther Fan
10-24-2004, 12:40 AM

Hmmm.....love ya Russ, but Ingleside hasn't met Mr. Franco yet (he scored 6 tds all by himself against AP) nor the rest of the team (they have alot of depth). Don't get me wrong, I will be hanging out with my former classmates from IHS (when I am not meeting Phil C from Sinton)...this is just your reality check.

Hope to see both teams go far.... How's that for a save?

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

SintonFan
10-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Mathis keyed on Franco and he scored seven on them. When Sinton distributes the ball, it's lights out. That's what happened Friday night. Franco is real good, but so are the others guys.:)

DodgeRacing101
10-24-2004, 02:35 AM
I think Ingleside is in for rude awakening, Sinton by at least 20 points. Is Ingleside for real or have they just been getting by. Zapata's speed hurt Ingleside so will Sinton.

sinton66
10-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Ingleside has shown great improvement, and have climbed their way up out of the cellar. For that, they are to be congratulated. The Mustang program has come a long way, but they still have a ways to go to catch up with Sinton's program. I look for Ingleside to be there in the next couple of seasons. Good luck to both teams, and lets all pray for no injuries.

Ranger354
10-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I think Sinton will be behind in this one early since they tend to get burned by the pass. But they will over come it and win by 21 in the end.

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shs95grad
10-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Ingleside has shown great improvement, and have climbed their way up out of the cellar. For that, they are to be congratulated. The Mustang program has come a long way, but they still have a ways to go to catch up with Sinton's program. I look for Ingleside to be there in the next couple of seasons. Good luck to both teams, and lets all pray for no injuries. I agree '66. Ingleside's improvement is to be commended. :clap: Graig has done a great job w/ this program and will be ready to take on his alma matter, but I have to go w/ my boys. Travis & Co. will show up big in this game!! I say Sinton by 24+. :cool: Like SintonFan stated if you key in on Travis there are, at least, 3 other RB/TB that can pick up the slack -- not to mention a core of receivers that can pull in any pass from our QB. Our defense has been lights out for our district oppenents & are looking forward to facing this high powered Ingleside team, but have no doubt Coach Mitchell will have them ready & foaming at the mouth!! :eek: :D

I'm looking forward to this match up, as is everyone else. :D :cheerl: With alot of Sinton fan working in Ingleside (Reynolds, etc...) should make for an interesting work week. :D :D

:cheerl: GO PIRATES!!!! :cheerl:

rgn4fb
10-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I didn't see any of this, but would have said something if I had. The Hesseltine boys are good people and deserve respect. This is out of character for most Sinton fans, however, I suppose we all have our overly-fanatical supporters. Let me be the first to apologize to Graig and Darrell on behalf of good Sinton people everywhere. Best of luck to Ingleside and let's all pray for an injury free game.

Like I said it appeared that the fans were just jeering in fun. I am sure they know the coaches and were just teasing them. The hesseltine coaches both just smiled at the comments, some of the ingleside players were not adults and acted immature when the fans said that they sucked. I expect sinton do step it up a notch and beat ingleside handily, our pirates are top class athletes, just some of the fans are a little conceited

sinton66
10-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Yes, kids will be kids, and sometimes that means their actions are immature, but then they ARE kids. We all need to remember that our kids take their clues from us, and we need to act accordingly. As fun as it is to engage in trash talking and smack, it doesn't really ever accomplish anything positive on the field of play. It's kind of absurd in my opinion to be writing checks your team may not be able to cash, and it borders on poor sportsmanship if they CAN cash them. In district play and the playoffs, your opponents already have sufficient motivation to beat you, why add fuel to the fire? Most Sinton fans have learned this lesson the hard way over the years.

I'm sure you are correct in your assessment that the ribbing of the coaches was in fact good-natured and friendly, however good people's feelings can be hurt quite easily sometimes, even when they know it is in jest. If that did happen, it shouldn't have, and thus the reason for my apology.

Sorry, didn't mean to climb up on the old "soapbox".;)

Tidal Wave
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
GOOO Sinton. I hope yall SPANK Ingleside. Me and my friend Missile should be there to watch the game and sit on Sintons side. What was the date and time again?

Sinton 35
Ingleside7

PhiI C
10-24-2004, 09:59 PM
This Friday at 7:30 P.M. in Ingleside.

Tidal Wave
10-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Muchas gracias mi amigo.:)

PhiI C
10-24-2004, 10:08 PM
De nada! Say hi if you see me at the game Tidal. I will be the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap.

Tidal Wave
10-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Will do, will do. Wave if you see me and my friend. I might wear my PTI blue cap :D so i should stand out.PEACE

sinton66
10-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Come out and join us at the half and introduce yourselves. I might recognize Missle, might not.

Ranger354
10-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Where are you guys meeting? During halftime? Let me know and I will try and make it. We plan to be in Ingleside early.

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2004, 01:22 AM
ill be there. . . im the young one in the Sinton bunch :D you can find me in my Gonzaga Blue hat all the time

sinton66
10-25-2004, 07:09 AM
As I understand it, there is only one smoking area at Ingleside. I'm not sure where that is, but that's where we'll be during the halftime for sure. You are definately welcome to join us. Would love to meet all the downlowers in attendance.

SINTON81
10-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Will do, will do. Wave if you see me and my friend. I might wear my PTI blue cap :D so i should stand out.PEACE

You will probably be the only one in blue colors on tlhe Sinton side.:D :D

Phil C
10-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Maybe IHS or some of the other Ingleside posters can let us know where the smoking areal is. I don't smoke but you know me - I always like to stop by for a visit at halftime.

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 08:43 AM
A post from the CC times / Sinton forum.

OWLBLDNVNS - 07:25am Oct 24, 2004 Central (#41 of 44)
Well there was an upset in Class 4A with Flour Bluff over Calallen[who saw that coming] and i predict another upset this week with Ingleside beating up on Sinton. Yep its true. If you stop the running game with these Mustangs they will beat you through the air. Besides what is there for a winning football team to do on a bye week than to go see their coming week competition. INTIMIDATION to show they arent afraid to go to Sinton in the blue and white. But the colors you saw in the stands this past friday will now be on the field running past your Pirates. Ingleside wins it by one td aww what the heck make it two tds.

Yeah I've never Sinton players and fans so INTIMIDATED by a district foe! I can only hope that we get over it before Friday! :eek: :eek: :eek:

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Maybe IHS or some of the other Ingleside posters can let us know where the smoking areal is. I don't smoke but you know me - I always like to stop by for a visit at halftime. Hey guys....usually ....as far as i know...the smokers all walk outside the front entrance to the stadium .....to the parkin lot to smoke at halftime. if i remember i'll try and wear a destinctive ballcap so yall know who i am. either my straw browning ballcap w/ camo bill or my A&M hat that looks like a John Deere hat.

big daddy russ
10-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Yeah I've never Sinton players and fans so INTIMIDATED by a district foe! I can only hope that we get over it before Friday! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Don't lie. We all know you're skurred.

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Don't lie. We all know you're skurred. i wouldnt say scared, but i figure that Sinton is paying more attention to us than anyone else in the district ;)

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Don't lie. We all know you're skurred.

No doubt! Sinton is not use to playing in such big games! Intimidation may be the deciding factor! :doh:

Phil C
10-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey IHS just for clairity is that smoking area outside the Southeast part of the stadium by the visitor's side?

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i wouldnt say scared, but i figure that Sinton is paying more attention to us than anyone else in the district ;)

True! There is no one left to play but Ingleside!:)

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Hey IHS just for clairity is that smoking area outside the Southeast part of the stadium by the visitor's side? yeah Phil.....just outside the main entrance to the stadium....beside the visitor's side concession stand.

99IHSMustang
10-25-2004, 09:31 AM
I think the game is going to be a lot closer that anyone thinks. I am still an Ingleside fan though so I have to say: Ingleside 24 Sinton 21. Ingleside kicks field goal with 30 sec left to play and wins the game. :clap:

pirate44
10-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ingleside kicks field goal with 30 sec left to play and wins the game. :clap:

can you tell me what happens in the world series too? Im heading to vegas soon, and i know i can clean up. thanks ;)

Tidal Wave
10-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Sinton comes out in full force, executes very well with a balanced offense and not just tryin to run like they did against Cuero . It seems to me that Sinton is very dangerous when they mix it up.ITS TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK. Once those pirates and fans get rowdy its hard to stop em...unless you have a seawall against em:D ..haha GOOO PIRATES!!!

99IHSMustang
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Karma might jost come around and bite somone in the pooper. Especially from what I heard happened about the Sinton fans making comments to the Ingleside players and coaches when they left the game this past Friday.:eek: :eek:

rgn4fb
10-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Now I was going to keep quiet, but please. Ingleside fans listen up. Yes Ingleside is improved and yes I am sure there is excitement on the team and in the community, however, some of these cocky statements should not be coming from fans of a team that is and deservadly so the big underdogs. We Pirate fans have earned the right from the past to talk a little smack in fun, but you can and never will be a champion UNTIL you beat the champions. Support your team but please you should not make such absurd comments. Sinton by 17 until Ingleside can prove otherwise.

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
i just keep hearing this "reality check" talk from some Sinton fans...WHAT reality check?? nobody is saying that Sinton isnt a GREAT team, we all know they have the playoff history, and are the heavy favored team.....they play tough.... but this isnt going to be one of Sinton's typical 52-8 wins they are used to. that i can assure you of.

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Karma might jost come around and bite somone in the pooper. Especially from what I heard happened about the Sinton fans making comments to the Ingleside players and coaches when they left the game this past Friday.:eek: :eek:

Good try! Whatever was supposedly said to a bunch of Ingleside players, who by the way were pretty cocky themselves, will have absolutely no bearing on this game! Sinton is no stranger to big games, in fact under this coaching staff, have always risen to the occasion! There is no denying that Sinton is a different team when they prepare for a challenge and come out fired up! I predict Sinton will have plenty of reasons other than a district title to be fired up for!

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 11:02 AM
i just keep hearing this "reality check" talk from some Sinton fans...WHAT reality check?? nobody is saying that Sinton isnt a GREAT team, we all know they have the playoff history, and are the heavy favored team.....they play tough.... but this isnt going to be one of Sinton's typical 52-8 wins they are used to. that i can assure you of.

That's pretty bold……...and just what do you base that confidence on! I'm not saying they will, but I should wouldn't dare them too either!:confused: :confused:

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 11:12 AM
That's pretty bold……...and just what do you base that confidence on! I'm not saying they will, but I should wouldn't dare them too either!:confused: :confused: honestly...do you REALLY think Sinton is going to beat Ingleside by some HUGE margin? i'll be honest...i'm sure Sinton will win this game...but it wont be by 50 points. thats all i'm saying, and i'm pretty confident in saying so.

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 11:15 AM
honestly...do you REALLY think Sinton is going to beat Ingleside by some HUGE margin? i'll be honest...i'm sure Sinton will win this game...but it wont be by 50 points. thats all i'm saying, and i'm pretty confident in saying so.

Based on what?:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2004, 11:15 AM
ill have to go with the big line from sinton to open some holes up for MR. Friday Night and let him score another 5-6 like he has done in district so far. . . look for Franco, Ring and Collins to carry Sinton a big win :D

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Based on what?:confused: based on the fact that (and again, this is just my opinion....which..i DONT have to justify to you...but i'll humor you) i dont think Sinton is as good as they have been in the past...although...i feel they are begining to gain momentum and are playing very good ball...but at the same time...Ingleside is on a roll too and is playing good ball as well...and judging by Sinton's preformances -vs- teams that Ingleside has beat also....i just dont see Sinton blowing Ingleside out.....sorry...thats just how i see it.

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
all this time the sinton threads have been clean and not too filled with trash talk like they have gotten this week, can we try and tone it down a bit?

No trash talk here. I never said that Sinton would beat Ingleside by any amount. But I'm not sayin they can't either. I'm really curious to why some think this will be a close game!:rolleyes:

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
based on the fact that (and again, this is just my opinion....which..i DONT have to justify to you...but i'll humor you) i dont think Sinton is as good as they have been in the past...although...i feel they are begining to gain momentum and are playing very good ball...but at the same time...Ingleside is on a roll too and is playing good ball as well...and judging by Sinton's preformances -vs- teams that Ingleside has beat also....i just dont see Sinton blowing Ingleside out.....sorry...thats just how i see it.

No humor needed! :D Did you actually go and see Mathis play both Ingleside and Sinton? And what excatly do the past Sinton teams have to do with anyting!

Phil C
10-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Let's not go overboard here! Remember both of these teams are in the playoffs in different divisions. Let's just hope for a good clean injury free game. Remember both teams have lots of work left to do with playoffs coming after this game is played and forgotten.

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2004, 11:25 AM
No trash talk here. I never said that Sinton would beat Ingleside by any amount. But I'm not sayin they can't either. I'm really curious to why some think this will be a close game!:rolleyes:

hey, when did i say that ;)

99IHSMustang
10-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok... I have to agree with most Sinton fans that Sinton will more than likely win this game. There is a small chance that Ingleside could pull the upset and win. At the same time Ingleside will be no pushover. I am more than sure that if Ingleside were to win... obviously there is going to be some foolish excuse that they one according to sinton fans. You know.. "umps didn't call this or that" or "they just played a bad game". They won't get credit where it's due if they do win.

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 11:37 AM
i just dont think it will be a blowout.... i'm not trying to be ugly or be a smarta$$.... i just stated my opinion and it seems a few people feel i have to justify it. call it a hunch, call it a feeling...whatever....i just dont see the blowout taking place. i could be WAY wrong...but i doubt it.

Doon
10-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Let's not go overboard here! Remember both of these teams are in the playoffs in different divisions. Let's just hope for a good clean injury free game. Remember both teams have lots of work left to do with playoffs coming after this game is played and forgotten.

I second that. Let's just let the young men play this game, and go on. Good clean football game with no injuries.

big daddy russ
10-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Now I was going to keep quiet, but please. Ingleside fans listen up. Yes Ingleside is improved and yes I am sure there is excitement on the team and in the community, however, some of these cocky statements should not be coming from fans of a team that is and deservadly so the big underdogs. We Pirate fans have earned the right from the past to talk a little smack in fun, but you can and never will be a champion UNTIL you beat the champions. Support your team but please you should not make such absurd comments. Sinton by 17 until Ingleside can prove otherwise.
Simma down, rook. I didn't see a single cocky comment. Saying that I think we will win is my opinion, not a cocky comment. I never said we'd win by 50, I simply said we'd win.

This post just hacked me off, and I'll back my team whether you think I should or not.:mad: Sinton's a great team and a great, class-act program and I won't be disappointed if we lose to them as long as our boys come out fighting.

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Ok... I am more than sure that if Ingleside were to win... obviously there is going to be some foolish excuse that they one according to sinton fans. You know.. "umps didn't call this or that" or "they just played a bad game". They won't get credit where it's due if they do win.

Now there's CLASS!:clap:

Tidal Wave
10-25-2004, 12:35 PM
I changed my mind

Sinton 28
Ingleside7

I got all in the moment and Put 35..haha GOOO PIRATES!!!!!

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Simma down, rook. I didn't see a single cocky comment. Saying that I think we will win is my opinion, not a cocky comment. I never said we'd win by 50, I simply said we'd win.

This post just hacked me off, and I'll back my team whether you think I should or not.:mad: Sinton's a great team and a great, class-act program and I won't be disappointed if we lose to them as long as our boys come out fighting.

So if there were no cocky comments why are you hacked off! I was just hoping for some true insight based on facts to support the Mustangs winning by one or two TD's. After all isn't that what this forum is for? If that makes you mad or hacked off, I apologize. :D

Phil C
10-25-2004, 01:23 PM
With all this arguing back and forth the GodFather says "TST! TST!"

maroonpunt
10-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Blow out by Sinton...First sign of things going wrong and back to same old Ingledink.

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know Webb's passing stats? The CC times has him for 7 TD's and 7 ints.

big daddy russ
10-25-2004, 02:14 PM
So if there were no cocky comments why are you hacked off! I was just hoping for some true insight based on facts to support the Mustangs winning by one or two TD's. After all isn't that what this forum is for? If that makes you mad or hacked off, I apologize. :D

...some of these cocky statements should not be coming from fans of a team that is and deservadly so the big underdogs. We Pirate fans have earned the right from the past to talk a little smack in fun...
That comment made me hacked off... not that somebody is saying their team will win by a couple of touchdowns, but that I'm basically being told that somebody can talk smack and I can't do anything back. How would you feel if someone told you the same thing, 94? I don't want to be told who I can or can't pick to win a game. I've "earned" just as much of a right to talk smack as anybody else. rgn4fb doesn't own the patent on it, and this is something I WILL argue to the death. I never said you had anything less than a stellar program and I never once said anything bad about your program. I've never had a problem with any of the rest of the Sinton posters and hardly ever get hacked off with anything posted on this board. But that was something I'm more than willing to speak up about.

It's not long, but here's the insight...

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know Webb's passing stats? The CC times has him for 7 TD's and 7 ints. i'm not sure what his passing stats are EXACTLY....as you say...the Caller hasnt updated them in awhile....i know hes thrown for something like 1100+ yds if i'm not mistaken.

big daddy russ
10-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know Webb's passing stats? The CC times has him for 7 TD's and 7 ints.
That might be right, but I figured he'd have more TD's. Ingleside's offense likes to throw the deep ball. They take a lot of chances. Then again, maybe some of the TDs were thrown by their other QB (they have two QBs line up in the shotgun set... they can snap the ball to either one... Webb usually lines up at QB and Brandon Stacy at TB, but they'll flip flop from time to time).

See if IHStangFan or Doon could help you out. They're down there in the middle of things.

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 02:21 PM
That might be right, but I figured he'd have more TD's. Ingleside's offense likes to throw the deep ball. They take a lot of chances. Then again, maybe some of the TDs were thrown by their other QB (they have two QBs line up in the shotgun set... they can snap the ball to either one... Webb usually lines up at QB and Brandon Stacy at TB, but they'll flip flop from time to time).

See if IHStangFan or Doon could help you out. They're down there in the middle of things. the caller has said hes had 7 TDs for about 3 weeks now.

pirate4state
10-25-2004, 03:13 PM
It is only monday!! :D :D :D

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 03:24 PM
i can really see that if Sinton and Ingleside continue to both have success.....there will be a new rivalry in 30-3A....and the Ingleside/Aransas Pass rivalry may fade into the background :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2004, 03:46 PM
does that mean mathis will fade away too :D :D

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It is only monday!! :D :D :D

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. :thumbsup:

Here....Here......let's crank it up a notch tomorrow!:D :D

SINTON81
10-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Is it tomorrow yet?:D :D

Sinton94
10-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Come on Ingleside you were on a roll!

ttt

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
i can really see that if Sinton and Ingleside continue to both have success.....there will be a new rivalry in 30-3A....and the Ingleside/Aransas Pass rivalry may fade into the background :D

Ha ha....Thank God!:D :D :D

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Come on Ingleside you were on a roll!

ttt ah, i'm sorry man....i had other things to do. :wave:

sinton66
10-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Is Sinton by three touchdowns considered a blow-out by Ingleside standards?:D

SintonFan
10-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Awwwwwww mannnnnnnnn....................
I go to work today and yall just have too much fun without me!:D
I do think that Ingleside in Ingleside will be the Pirates toughest challenge since Cuero. That being said, I think it will be close for three quarters.;)

99IHSMustang
10-25-2004, 07:33 PM
After seeing everyones statements and replies I just want Friday to hurry up and roll around..... It is going to be a good game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Has Ingleside offically made the playoffs? There could still be a three way tie for second!:clap: :clap: :clap: .:eek: :eek:

Chris Hart
10-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Sinton 48 - Ingleside 13

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Sinton 48 - Ingleside 13

Sinton 45 Ingleside 13 like urs better Chris

SintonFan
10-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Sinton 48 - Ingleside 13
The game is in Ingleside Chris...

IHStangFan
10-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Awwwwwww mannnnnnnnn....................
I go to work today and yall just have too much fun without me!:D
I do think that Ingleside in Ingleside will be the Pirates toughest challenge since Cuero. That being said, I think it will be close for three quarters.;) very valid point...... from following Sinton this season, i have noticed that they are a second half team.....there is a very good chance that IHS could be right w/ or even ahead of Sinton in the 1st half.....it will come down to how fast, hard and with what kinda tempo Sinton closes with that determines the final in this one. I have seen where Sinton is tied up or just bearly ahead at the half...but come back and win big...that will be the Mustangs biggest challenge...slowing up the Pirates in the 2nd half.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 01:30 AM
The game is in Ingleside Chris...

Dont think that will matter, Both sides should be packed like a playoff game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 01:31 AM
my 68-0 over mathis prediction would have happen, but just scored too many points with alot of time left.

SINTON81
10-26-2004, 02:23 AM
I say again, Sinton by 21. Sinton wins District.:) :)

DodgeRacing101
10-26-2004, 04:37 AM
Ingleside Games

Aug. 27, 2004 AT BISHOP W 52-30
Sep. 3, 2004 ZAPATA L 22-51
Sep. 10, 2004 ORANGE GROVE W 40-28
Sep. 17, 2004 TAFT W 40-13
Sep. 24, 2004 AT CORPUS CHRISTI WEST OSO W 37-22
Oct. 1, 2004 AT FALFURRIAS W 43-21
Oct. 8, 2004 ARANSAS PASS W 33-7
Oct. 15, 2004 AT MATHIS W 49-23
Oct. 29, 2004 SINTON 7:30 PM
Nov. 5, 2004 AT GOLIAD 7:30 PM

Sinton Games

Aug. 27, 2004 TAFT W 52-0
Sep. 3, 2004 AT GREGORY-PORTLAND L 7-31
Sep. 10, 2004 CORPUS CHRISTI WEST OSO W 43-13
Sep. 17, 2004 BEEVILLE JONES NO W 56-7
Sep. 24, 2004 AT CUERO L 28-35
Oct. 1, 2004 AT ORANGE GROVE W 29-0
Oct. 8, 2004 GOLIAD W 37-20
Oct. 15, 2004 AT ARANSAS PASS W 54-9
Oct. 22, 2004 MATHIS W 53-12
Oct. 29, 2004 AT INGLESIDE 7:30 PM

Don't think Ingleside has played some caliber teams like Sinton has. Bishop, West oso, Zapata, are no State ranked Cuero or State ranked Gregory Portland. But you never know anybody could beat anybody on any given day. Just depends on who want's it more. Good Luck to both team's.

sinfan75
10-26-2004, 04:57 AM
If Sinton comes out and plays like they have the last two games it's adios Mustangs. I think The Pirate defense is gonna show every body just how good they really are.

sinton fan04
10-26-2004, 07:40 AM
I agree sintons defense is something ingleside hasn't seen, so ingleside won't score the points that they have in the past few games. Now sintons offense is gonna put over 35 points on the board easy, i been to the games and travis franco is a bad dude. Against mathis and aransas pass they took him out in the 3rd quarter so if sinton wanted to they could of put 70 points on the board easily. I see them being ahead by enough points to do the same thats from what i have seen .

Phil C
10-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Zapata is a power house this year. Zapata is a team that should be state ranked but maybe due it its location it isn't. They are 3AAA's neglected team. West Oso is a tough and at one time had some points in the top rankings. The Howling Bear was not awake when both Sinton and Ingleside played them but since has woken up with a terrible resolve as you can tell from the last few games they have played and have become the real Howling Bear! Orange Grove always has tough playoff teams and Bishop has had powerful teams in the past. So don't be fooled. The schedule of Ingleside has been tough. Of course Sinton had the toughest and roughest schedule of them all. We had to play our powerful rival last week (Mathis) but fortunately due to a few big playes we were able to win. Now we have to end the season against a powerful Ingleside team in Ingleside against a team that has had two weeks to scout and prepare for us. Alas!

Phil C
10-26-2004, 08:49 AM
I say Sinton will win a tough barn burner by 4 points. Say 24 to 20.

pirate4state
10-26-2004, 08:53 AM
.....there is a very good chance that IHS could be right w/ or even ahead of Sinton in the 1st half.....it will come down to how fast, hard and with what kinda tempo Sinton closes with that determines the final in this one. I have seen where Sinton is tied up or just bearly ahead at the half...but come back and win big...that will be the Mustangs biggest challenge...slowing up the Pirates in the 2nd half. Hey, IHStangFan - I agree!! :eek: :D Of course, I've gotta go with my Pirates pulling away in the 2nd half -- you understand don't ya? :D See y'all Friday. :wave:

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Hey, IHStangFan - I agree!! :eek: :D Of course, I've gotta go with my Pirates pulling away in the 2nd half -- you understand don't ya? :D See y'all Friday. :wave: i totally understand, LOL. hope to meet some of you guys come Friday.

Phil C
10-26-2004, 09:35 AM
The lastest weather prediction for Friday's game in Ingleside (as of right now) is looking good. It isn't supposed to rain in Ingleside until Saturday.

pirate44
10-26-2004, 09:38 AM
I say Sinton will win a tough barn burner by 4 points. Say 24 to 20.
These are 2 high scoring teams. the chances of BOTH teams offenses not showing up are highly unlikely. the only times either teams scored less than 30 was from a loss (not including Sinton's 29-0 shutout of orange grove). I personally think it will be a 24+ point margin with Sinton scoring over 30.

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2004, 09:48 AM
look for at LEAST 60 total points scored between the 2 teams. . .

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
These are 2 high scoring teams. the chances of BOTH teams offenses not showing up are highly unlikely. the only times either teams scored less than 30 was from a loss (not including Sinton's 29-0 shutout of orange grove). I personally think it will be a 24+ point margin with Sinton scoring over 30. yeah, i figure if Ingleside's line can give Webb time, and he is successful at mixing it up and distribute the ball...both teams will score over 24 for sure. cause from what ive seen of Franco, he will not be able to be contained completely....meaning points on the board for Sinton.

Phil C
10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
With all this hype about both teams offenses that we have been talking about watch the two teams's defenses step up and produce a 14 to 7 type game.

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Defense….Defense……Defense is why Sinton will beat Ingleside and by a very comfortable margin.

Ingleside has given up 27 TD's (3.3 TD's / Game) to Sinton's 16 (1.7 TD's / Game) and Sinton has played in one more game. Only 5 of the 16 TD's scored against Sinton were in the first half and 4 of these 5 were against GP and Cuero. Again only five TD's were scored in the second half against Sinton and again 4 of the 5 TD's were against GP and Cuero. Five of the remaining TD's were scored against the second team with the game out of reach, and the remaining TD was scored on a fumble return against the second team offense. This defense is good……..really good. Sinton is physical and will go hard all game long.

Ingleside will not be able to sustain long drives against Sinton and will have to rely on big plays in every series to try and score. Webb will feel the pressure of a defensive line the likes he has never seen. He will not have the luxury of time to find open receivers and will be forced to make bad decisions. The defense will take advantage of these bad decisions and give the offense plenty of opportunities to score.

As far offense goes, Ingleside's defense is no match for Sinton. Look for Ingleside to key on Franco and pay the price through the air. Once they try and stop the pass it's all over!

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2004, 11:26 AM
watch the two teams's defenses step up and produce a 14 to 7 type game.

Ha! I did it again! That would be a good game, but nearly as much fun to watch.:D

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 11:37 AM
i would recommend getting to the stadium at LEAST an hour before kickoff.....it only seats about 2800 and for the AP game it was packed BEFORE kickoff...and i figure this game will attract just as many people if not more.

pirate4state
10-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Tickets are on sale at the admin building. General admission - adults $5 & students $2. At least the visitors side for Ingleside is nicer than AP's! :thumbsup: It's funny that you gotta be at the game at least an hour before kick-off, but most Sinton fans get there an hour & a half to :eek: 2 hours before kick off!! :D

Is it Friday yet?? :cool:

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Tickets are on sale at the admin building. General admission - adults $5 & students $2. At least the visitors side for Ingleside is nicer than AP's! :thumbsup: It's funny that you gotta be at the game at least an hour before kick-off, but most Sinton fans get there an hour & a half to :eek: 2 hours before kick off!! :D

Is it Friday yet?? :cool: you guys will be good to go then getting there that early. i'm willing to bet there will be people at the game that arent from EITHER town....its gonna be PACKED!! parking can be an issue too...IHS's parking lot isnt exactly huge....

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2004, 11:57 AM
#55. . . the Big UKE

sinton fan04
10-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Sinton94 you hit it right on the money, thats what happened to mathis. The QB felt the sinton defense pressure and had them picked off,not sure how many might of been one, so did AP. If engleside goes deep you bet matt and burke will be there. Does anyone now how fast that stacey guy is.

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Sinton94 you hit it right on the money, thats what happened to mathis. The QB felt the sinton defense pressure and had them picked off,not sure how many might of been one, so did AP. If engleside goes deep you bet matt and burke will be there. Does anyone now how fast that stacey guy is. he'll be one of the fastest kids on the field most likely...i think he runs about a 4.5 or so? maybe a little under...but i'm not for certain...i just know that when he breaks..so far....nobody has been able to catch him....but then again, i keep hearing how fast Sinton's D is...so who knows. is Sinton planning on keying on Stacy? GOD i hope so.

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2004, 12:39 PM
is Sinton planning on keying on Stacy? GOD i hope so.

You have got to be kidding me. Is this one of those things where you say just the opposite? like yes, means no? God I hope so, means "oh crap"?:D :D :D

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You have got to be kidding me. Is this one of those things where you say just the opposite? like yes, means no? God I hope so, means "oh crap"?:D :D :D it was said in half-jest...but if the D keys on Stacy alone..that leaves a whole buncha good players that DON'T get the recog. Stacy does.....OPEN! :p

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Hmmmmm, okay. I still say "oh crap" though. I was extremely impressed with him when we played you guys.:thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Hmmmmm, okay. I still say "oh crap" though. I was extremely impressed with him when we played you guys.:thumbsup: hes fast, quick and elusive...but what draws attention to him is that when he makes key plays....they are usually spectacular long yardage plays.... but you really cant count out the likes of Zack Adams, or Joel Johnson, and Webb is an animal....he can run, he can throw, he can read the D..i mean....did you notice how hard he was to bring down...he'd get 5+ yds AFTER you thought he was tackled....any QB that can do all that ON TOP of benching 300+ lbs....is a man among boys on a HS football field at the QB position. impressive running and upper body stregnth from Webb.

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Yes, Randy has always been an exceptional athlete. I will eventually forgive him for being a traitor. Just not sure how soon.:rolleyes:

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
he'll be one of the fastest kids on the field most likely...i think he runs about a 4.5 or so? maybe a little under...but i'm not for certain...i just know that when he breaks..so far....nobody has been able to catch him....but then again, i keep hearing how fast Sinton's D is...so who knows. is Sinton planning on keying on Stacy? GOD i hope so.

I'm sure we are. Our head coach is not real sharp when it comes to defensive schemes! Hopefully he is reading this post and can make some last minute adjustments though! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Yes, Randy has always been an exceptional athlete. I will eventually forgive him for being a traitor. Just not sure how soon.:rolleyes: LOL...too funny. yeah..he truely is a great athelete. but we have many other "unsung heros" on the field....Austin Pearl, and the little freshman playing LB Josh Coffield, that little guy is gonna be SOMETHING by time he is a junior!! hes SUPER agressive and has a real nose for the ball

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm sure we are. Are head coach is not real sharp when it comes to defensive schemes! Hopefully he is reading this post and can make some last minute adjustments though! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D LOL!!! well if hes having to rely on 3ADL for last min. adjustments....i'd hope he'd be paying more attention to his game films of Ingleside :p

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 01:07 PM
LOL!!! well if hes having to rely on 3ADL for last min. adjustments....i'd hope he'd be paying more attention to his game films of Ingleside :p

No I bet you he's in front of the computer right now scratching he's head over this one!:doh:

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 01:08 PM
No I bet you he's in front of the computer right now scratching he's head over this one!:doh: well good luck Coach Pirate, i'm looking forward to this one!!!

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 01:08 PM
LOL!!! well if hes having to rely on 3ADL for last min. adjustments....i'd hope he'd be paying more attention to his game films of Ingleside :p

I hope I didn't give away any of Sinton's well kept secrets!:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 01:10 PM
I hope I didn't give away any of Sinton's well kept secrets!:rolleyes: so THATS how theyve had all this success in the past handful of years..... it was 3A Downlow ALL ALONG!!! well..the cat's outa the bag fellas! :crazy:

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Ahhh, you guys are making me laugh! Now that I got you all stirred up again, think I will go to lunch.;)

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Ahhh, you guys are making me laugh! Now that I got you all stirred up again, think I will go to lunch.;) HA! whos stirred up? i'm makin jokes w/ my Sinton buddy over there. :D

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Ahhh, you guys are making me laugh! Now that I got you all stirred up again, think I will go to lunch.;)

Check back in I bet it get's even funnier as the week goes on!:D :D :doh:

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Check back in I bet it get's even funnier as the week goes on!:D :D :doh: you know it will! some friendly banter cant hurt much....can it? hey...i DO have an actual question though.... how is Sinton's baseball team gonna look this year?

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 01:24 PM
you know it will! some friendly banter cant hurt much....can it? hey...i DO have an actual question though.... how is Sinton's baseball team gonna look this year?

I can't really say some baseball coaches may be reading this post!:D

We should know more after our scrimmage with the CC Hooks this weekend! But don't tell anyone!:D

pirate4state
10-26-2004, 01:29 PM
I can't really say some baseball coaches may be reading this post!:D

We should know more after our scrimmage with the CC Hooks this weekend! But don't tell anyone!:D ROTFLMAO!! Too funny! :clap:

We still have 3 1/2 days of "banter" -- keep it coming!! :D

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 01:51 PM
LOL...oh thats right...forgive me...i'm talking about the mighty Sinton Pirates....i should have KNOWN better :p

rhs78
10-26-2004, 02:13 PM
here are the teams stats if they might help anyone. ingleside-offense-2026-rush,1322-pass, defense-allowed-1363-rush,851-pass. sinton-offense-2026-rush,741-pass, defense-allowed-687-rush,342-pass. looks even on offense,but sinton has a better defense, got to go with sinton .

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
here are the teams stats if they might help anyone. ingleside-offense-2026-rush,1322-pass, defense-allowed-1363-rush,851-pass. sinton-offense-2026-rush,741-pass, defense-allowed-687-rush,342-pass. looks even on offense,but sinton has a better defense, got to go with sinton . looks even on Offense?? look at the passing yds!!! but i have to agree...Sinton's D is much more stout by the numbers.

Tidal Wave
10-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Looks to me that Sinton is good at Rushing just like PI and it also seems to me that from passing and rushing Ingleside has given up most of its yards in rushing..hmm very interesting:thinking:

Its going to be a Massacre for Ingleside

Sinton94
10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
here are the teams stats if they might help anyone. ingleside-offense-2026-rush,1322-pass, defense-allowed-1363-rush,851-pass. sinton-offense-2026-rush,741-pass, defense-allowed-687-rush,342-pass. looks even on offense,but sinton has a better defense, got to go with sinton .

No Doubt Sinton has the advantage on Defense!

Do you have the stats from the Zapata game? That's the game that sticks out to me!

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 03:13 PM
No Doubt Sinton has the advantage on Defense!

Do you have the stats from the Zapata game? That's the game that sticks out to me! i'll try and track down the Zapata stats for ya. Ingleside has shaped up a bit since that game.... i couldnt believe how the D stepped up against Aransas Pass....if they would have played like that all year it'd of been great. i just hope they come to play against you guys...theyre gonna HAVE to to have a prayer of staying in it.

Phil C
10-26-2004, 04:34 PM
There is still a few days before game day. I can't believe that this thread slipped to page 2! :)

pirate44
10-26-2004, 04:37 PM
what time will they open the gates?

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2004, 04:50 PM
There is still a few days before game day. I can't believe that this thread slipped to page 2! :)

ttt, right Phil? :D

Oh, and by the way, look at what # post this is for the ole' AP Panther Fan!:cool:

sinpirate
10-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Sinton's AD doesn't have time for the computer. He has a Technological Assistant to take care of anything related to technology.

Phil C
10-26-2004, 04:56 PM
WTG (Way to Go) AP. We look foward to your 100th post!

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 06:52 PM
what time will they open the gates? a few hours before the game i imagine.

sinton66
10-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Generally speaking, nearly everyone opens the gates one hour before the game.

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Generally speaking, nearly everyone opens the gates one hour before the game. the earliest ive been to a game this year was about an hour and a half before kickoff...and the gates were open.....actually...the IHS gates are never closed....if you got there early enough...you probably wouldnt have to pay, LOL.

Ranger354
10-26-2004, 07:25 PM
This is kinda tacky but I have a question.

Is it true the coachs at IHS make their players run in those white rubber boots to help build up stamina? LOL

Sorry, I had to ask. I always joke with my buddies from Rockport, AP, and Ingleside about those boots........... they always make comments about the cheerleaders grazing on the field or something like that.

I truly hope that both teams play a spectacular, injury free game and the best team wins.

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
This is kinda tacky but I have a question.

Is it true the coachs at IHS make their players run in those white rubber boots to help build up stamina? LOL

Sorry, I had to ask. I always joke with my buddies from Rockport, AP, and Ingleside about those boots........... they always make comments about the cheerleaders grazing on the field or something like that.

I truly hope that both teams play a spectacular, injury free game and the best team wins. OH..you mean Rockport ropers? LOL!!

PhiI C
10-26-2004, 07:31 PM
the earliest ive been to a game this year was about an hour and a half before kickoff...and the gates were open.....actually...the IHS gates are never closed....if you got there early enough...you probably wouldnt have to pay, LOL.

I'm almost sorry I have already purchased my tickets IHS! lol

Ranger354
10-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Never heard them called that before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockport Ropers!!!!!!!! LOL! Thats a good one!

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I'm almost sorry I have already purchased my tickets IHS! lol ah dang Phil!! ya shoulda asked sooner!! LOL.

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Not to offend anyone but....
Where did all these Sinton fanatics come from???
:D :D :D
Glad to have yall on board!:cool: :clap: :cool:

GOFOR2
10-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Zapata is a power house this year. Zapata is a team that should be state ranked but maybe due it its location it isn't. They are 3AAA's neglected team. West Oso is a tough and at one time had some points in the top rankings. The Howling Bear was not awake when both Sinton and Ingleside played them but since has woken up with a terrible resolve as you can tell from the last few games they have played and have become the real Howling Bear! Orange Grove always has tough playoff teams and Bishop has had powerful teams in the past. So don't be fooled. The schedule of Ingleside has been tough. Of course Sinton had the toughest and roughest schedule of them all. We had to play our powerful rival last week (Mathis) but fortunately due to a few big playes we were able to win. Now we have to end the season against a powerful Ingleside team in Ingleside against a team that has had two weeks to scout and prepare for us. Alas!

Are you kidding? Wake up and smell the cawfee. Oso is undisciplined. Orange Grove will not make the playoffs, the Pirates could have stomped them into oblivion had it not been for three touchdowns called back and a couple of mental mistakes. That game was not even close, and Bishop well is jus plain awful. Mathis...powerful, what game were you watching? Phil I like you sometimes helpful insight, but come on already.

Ranger354
10-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Not to offend anyone but....
Where did all these Sinton fanatics come from???
:D :D :D
Glad to have yall on board!:cool: :clap: :cool:

I hope you are not talking about me....... I just found this place not too long ago. But have been attending games since the 70's. My Senior year we were 0-9-1. Coach Marcek(sp)? You remember those days?

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
I hope you are not talking about me....... I just found this place not too long ago. But have been attending games since the 70's. My Senior year we were 0-9-1. Coach Marcek(sp)? You remember those days?
lol
No, I'm talking about all the new folks I've seen here.;)
I've already "talked" to you and your hubby.:D
You guys are cool.
I was just commenting on the huge amount of participation among new and old 3ADownlow members. It's a good thing!:clap: :clap: :clap:
And yes Sinton had a looooong dry spell:(

GOFOR2
10-26-2004, 08:48 PM
anyone taking their pit for some pregame bbq?

Ranger354
10-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Now that is a good idea!

Tailgating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know that they (any school) would let you on school property unless it is for a school related group.

Oh, and SintonFan,

I am the Hubby. And I want to talk with you about these avitars and such you can create.

GOFOR2
10-26-2004, 08:55 PM
i was thinking of cooking some stangs and drinking some brew

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2004, 09:01 PM
i'll try and track down the Zapata stats for ya. Ingleside has shaped up a bit since that game.... i couldnt believe how the D stepped up against Aransas Pass....if they would have played like that all year it'd of been great. i just hope they come to play against you guys...theyre gonna HAVE to to have a prayer of staying in it.

AP offense has the worst playing calling ive ever seen, everything was slow to develop and it was up the middle.:doh: :doh: it was funny seeing how almost everyplay was some sort of draw that pressure up the middle killed the play. It wasnt hard to look good on defense against AP playing calling. How did the Ingleside Defense fare against Mathis, they at least mix it up.

footballgal
10-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Go Pirates, go get a mustang!

IHStangFan
10-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
AP offense has the worst playing calling ive ever seen, everything was slow to develop and it was up the middle.:doh: :doh: it was funny seeing how almost everyplay was some sort of draw that pressure up the middle killed the play. It wasnt hard to look good on defense against AP playing calling. How did the Ingleside Defense fare against Mathis, they at least mix it up. i didnt get to make that game :( AP was the last game i saw. they were held to 3 yds rushing.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know if Franco from Sinton is a Jr. or Sr? I am actually looking forward to seeing this guys speed. From what I have heard he has good acceleration.

sinpirate
10-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Franco is a senior, and one of the finest young men you could ever meet.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Man, Every time I go to a football game and I see some of these players and students walk around.... I think "are these Jr. High kids or what"? I don't know about you guys but when I was in High School we had a lot of manly looking players and students. I worked at Ingleside ISD in the IT dept. and whenever I would go fix a machine or connection I couldn't believe how many tiny kids were walking around in the Senior and Jr. halls.... lol

SintonFan
10-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Now that is a good idea!

Tailgating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know that they (any school) would let you on school property unless it is for a school related group.

Oh, and SintonFan,

I am the Hubby. And I want to talk with you about these avitars and such you can create.
lol
PM me about what you need. I can only do stuff on weekends now(loooong work days and working 6 of 7). pirate4state hasn't Pmed me her updated pic stuff. *cough* *cough*
Got to get up at 5 yall, so good night everyone...
This thread might hit 3000 views Thursday.:eek:

pirate4state
10-26-2004, 11:14 PM
lol
PM me about what you need. I can only do stuff on weekends now(loooong work days and working 6 of 7). pirate4state hasn't Pmed me her updated pic stuff. *cough* *cough*
Got to get up at 5 yall, so good night everyone...

This thread might hit 3000 views Thursday.:eek: I'm hoping to get some good shots this Friday. I just got a new camera so I can't wait to use it. I didn't get any good shots at the AP game. :( I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

GO PIRATES!!!

SOX 1 GAME AWAY!! :eek: :thumbsup:

Ranger354
10-27-2004, 04:46 AM
I will PM you this afternoon some time. I got some ideas, but I don't know the limitations. thanks

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Who do you think Art Mack will pick in this game?

I bet you he goes with Ingleside.:doh:

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Who do you think Art Mack will pick in this game?

I bet you he goes with Ingleside.:doh: i think he has already picked them.

pirate44
10-27-2004, 08:53 AM
i think its a dumb idea for a local news station to allow their sportscasters to "pick" a favorite when it comes to the broadcasting area teams. i know if i owned a station, i wouldnt allow it.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 09:04 AM
i think its a dumb idea for a local news station to allow their sportscasters to "pick" a favorite when it comes to the broadcasting area teams. i know if i owned a station, i wouldnt allow it. ah, it isnt any worse than anyone else picking, its nothing more than a guess or an opinion.....i know ONE thing..... i hope we have good weather friday night!!

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 09:18 AM
ah, it isnt any worse than anyone else picking, its nothing more than a guess or an opinion.....i know ONE thing..... i hope we have good weather friday night!! here, here! But back to the banter! :clap:

:eek: Pirates R gonna whup on some Stangs!! :D ;)

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 09:19 AM
LOL... yo motha':D

pirate44
10-27-2004, 09:23 AM
ah, it isnt any worse than anyone else picking, its nothing more than a guess or an opinion.....i know ONE thing..... i hope we have good weather friday night!!
Im not saying its ethically wrong, but from a business standpoint, i wouldnt do it or have my employees do it . my guess is there are some people who dislike the sports personalities for their picks of games.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Im not saying its ethically wrong, but from a business standpoint, i wouldnt do it or have my employees do it . my guess is there are some people who dislike the sports personalities for their picks of games.

That's a good point! No matter who you pick your going to upset half the people! But if he did pick Ingleside I like to get a bet with him!Something like he has to wear a Sinton shirt on the air if Sinton wins.:D :D

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 09:37 AM
my guess is there are some people who dislike the sports personalities for their picks of games. I don't like Art Mack b/c he doesn't give Sinton the respect that they've earned. Those years w/ Adrian & co., especially during baseball season! :mad: He just wouldn't give them any respect!! Jerk! Roland & the channel 10 staff, were always around -- they knew how special that class was. If I remember correctly, for awhile Art was not welcome at SHS (I think when Coach Davis was here) the other guys would always come by. Until they made it to state. :rolleyes: We don't need him anyway! :hand: Okay - off my soapbox. :foul:

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 09:59 AM
That's a good point! No matter who you pick your going to upset half the people! But if he did pick Ingleside I like to get a bet with him!Something like he has to wear a Sinton shirt on the air if Sinton wins.:D :D LOL!! now that would be funny. i wonder about ole Art....at the AP/Ingleside game i think he payed more attention to the cheerleaders than the game that was going on. :rolleyes:

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 10:00 AM
I don't like Art Mack b/c he doesn't give Sinton the respect that they've earned. Those years w/ Adrian & co., especially during baseball season! :mad: He just wouldn't give them any respect!! Jerk! Roland & the channel 10 staff, were always around -- they knew how special that class was. If I remember correctly, for awhile Art was not welcome at SHS (I think when Coach Davis was here) the other guys would always come by. Until they made it to state. :rolleyes: We don't need him anyway! :hand: Okay - off my soapbox. :foul:

That was true! 10 does do a much better job when it comes to sports!:clap:

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
so how fast if Franco? hes obviously either REAL fast, or has SUPER quick feet and can avoid the tackle by bobbing and weaving....

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 10:21 AM
so how fast if Franco? hes obviously either REAL fast, or has SUPER quick feet and can avoid the tackle by bobbing and weaving....

Yeah that's it! :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 10:42 AM

umm... both. ..

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 10:44 AM
If I remember correctly, for awhile Art was not welcome at SHS (I think when Coach Davis was here) the other guys would always come by.

He was one of very few people banned from the Sinton ISD Sports COmplex area thing-a-ma-jig. ya know, all the stadiums.

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 11:02 AM
He was one of very few people banned from the Sinton ISD Sports COmplex area thing-a-ma-jig. ya know, all the stadiums.

That is a fairly serious action. I wonder what he could have done to necessitate that?:thinking:

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 11:08 AM
That is a fairly serious action. I wonder what he could have done to necessitate that?:thinking: I don't know 4sure, but maybe he was just being himself!! LOL! :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:10 AM
That is a fairly serious action. I wonder what he could have done to necessitate that?:thinking:
I believe Art Mack and Ramon from Mathis are the only 2 to have been banned. . .

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 11:17 AM
I believe Art Mack and Ramon from Mathis are the only 2 to have been banned. . .

Ha, I was just thinking about that!:D :D :D

Blastoderm55
10-27-2004, 11:23 AM

Sinton banned Ramon??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That's a little low. He's just a tad loud and obnoxious. :p

Who cares about Mack anyway? The Blitz is where its at. :cool:

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Sinton banned Ramon??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That's a little low. He's just a tad loud and obnoxious. :p

Who cares about Mack anyway? The Blitz is where its at. :cool:

heck, he lived here, and he moved to mathis a while back. . i think he moved when he couldnt come to any sporting events anymore

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 11:28 AM

Art Mack and Ramon together. Now there's a site! I think they should do a sports how together! Get your Smack from Mack and Ramon every Friday night right here on chanel 6. Ramon would be the color guy!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Art Mack and Ramon together. Now there's a site! I think they should do a sports how together! Get your Smack from Mack and Ramon every Friday night right here on chanel 6. Ramon would be the color guy!:D

Art and Ramon woudl rival Leon n Lymelights radio show as the most exciting out there today :D

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Of the two (Art / Ramon), I think Ramon would definitely be more entertaining!:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
he already is. . . he has more stats in his head than art can come up with off top. . . ramon is the walkin south texas sports almanac

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Yep, between jiggling his belly and trying to lick you from 10 feet away.....he could give highlights from the previous season including records and scores!;)

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Yep, between jiggling his belly and trying to lick you from 10 feet away.....he could give highlights from the previous season including records and scores!;)
i always wonder. . . how in the WORLD do you remember that many numbers?

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
i always wonder. . . how in the WORLD do you remember that many numbers? he's right-brain dominant:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:49 AM
he's right-brain dominant:D
so what happened to the left side?

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
so what happened to the left side? ah...that just means he cant draw or play a musical instrument worth a crap :cool:

pirate44
10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
did he used to post on 3ADL under the name M.PIRATEFAN?

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 11:51 AM
doubt it. . .

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Is Ramon the guy from Mathis who'll show up at all the games and shout stuff like "CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!!" or "MATHIS PIRATES?"

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Is Ramon the guy from Mathis who'll show up at all the games and shout stuff like "CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!!" or "MATHIS PIRATES?"

You got it! Quite the entertainer!:p

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 12:01 PM
LMAO!! i remember that guy!!! i wasnt sure who yall were talkin about at first.....so hes kinda like "Ralph" from Ingleside.....its either "GO MUSTANGS" or "JOSE CONSECO...JOSE CONSECO"

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 12:06 PM
.....so hes kinda like "Ralph" from Ingleside.....its either "GO MUSTANGS" or "JOSE CONSECO...JOSE CONSECO"

Give ole Ralph a break ... he has the largest Ingleside Mustang and Aransas Pass Panther hat collection going! :)

He has also snagged more foul balls than any of the 6 and 7 year olds attending the baseball games.:clap: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Ralph goes to my old church. He's a character. You know he hasn't missed a single day of church (Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night) since 1988? That's a nice little streak he has going. He's stronger and longer than the DeLaSalle football team.

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Give ole Ralph a break ... he has the largest Ingleside Mustang and Aransas Pass Panther hat collection going! :)

He has also snagged more foul balls than any of the 6 and 7 year olds attending the baseball games.:clap: :clap: :clap:
I love that guy.

I remember a couple years ago I was covering an AP baseball game. He would race the little kids to get the foul balls... not playing around with them or anything... no, he was competing, LOL. He'd get so mad if one of the kids got to the ball before he did.... I miss that guy.:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 12:12 PM
never got the chance to meet the guy. . .

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
I miss that guy.:D

Yes, he is a nice guy! Will probably be at the game Friday night, are you going to make it?

Doon
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
I love that guy.

I remember a couple years ago I was covering an AP baseball game. He would race the little kids to get the foul balls... not playing around with them or anything... no, he was competing, LOL. He'd get so mad if one of the kids got to the ball before he did.... I miss that guy.:D

You know, as a matter of fact, I haven't seen Ralph around this year. I sure hope he is fine, he is a real nice guy.

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes, he is a nice guy! Will probably be at the game Friday night, are you going to make it?
Yes ma'am. Just wondering, AP finishes with Mathis next week right?

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Doon
You know, as a matter of fact, I haven't seen Ralph around this year. I sure hope he is fine, he is a real nice guy.
I'll probably be at church on Sunday morning, so I'll be sure to look around for him. Hope he's OK, he was having some health issues last I heard.

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, our last game will be against Mathis, here in A.P.

While we won't be going any further, it will still be great to keep up with Ingleside and Sinton!:thumbsup:

Tidal Wave
10-27-2004, 12:19 PM
I changed my mind again

Sinton 35
Ingleside 0

Sinton and Ingleside matchup are like the Lyford and PI matchup.PI went in the game at 4-1 with only 1 loss to a 5A team in Los Fresnos and Lyford went in 4-1 with wins over 2A schools but come game time PI proved to Lyford who the big dawgs in District are and what playing 4A and 5A teams can do to help teams.

Sinton in a Spanking!:D :D

Sinton Fans what time do you think I should be there so I can get a guaranteed seat. I heard the stands there suck(size wise).PEACE

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Tidal Wave, you certainly have a way with words.:D

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
I changed my mind again

Sinton 35
Ingleside 0

Sinton and Ingleside matchup are like the Lyford and PI matchup.PI went in the game at 4-1 with only 1 loss to a 5A team in Los Fresnos and Lyford went in 4-1 with wins over 2A schools but come game time PI proved to Lyford who the big dawgs in District are and what playing 4A and 5A teams can do to help teams.

Sinton in a Spanking!:D :D

Sinton Fans what time do you think I should be there so I can get a guaranteed seat. I heard the stands there suck(size wise).PEACE

we can meet up for an early dinner if ya'd like. . . but id get there at around 6:30. . .

Tidal Wave
10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
HaHa thankz big daddy russ I try to support my favorite teams in 3A the best I can:D

It will be a 3 1/2 hour drive to Ingleside so I will probably have to rush with classes n all.GOOOO PIRATES!!!!!!! WIPE THEIR grASS off the field!!!!!!!:D

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Who has the advantage?

Kicking game -
Pass Defense -
Rush Defense -
Offense / Rushing -
Offense / Passing -
Special Teams -
Coaching -

Also who will be the big difference maker in the game?

:thinking:

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Kicking game - Ingleside (Zack Adams is also a stud soccer player)
Pass Defense - toss
Rush Defense - Sinton
Offense / Rushing - Sinton
Offense / Passing - Ingleside
Special Teams - Probably Sinton
Coaching - Tough to say... I'll give it to Sinton

The Waterboy

Kool Tarpon 21
10-27-2004, 01:12 PM
I say the Pirates will take this game with no difficulty. Sinton has way more tradition than Ingleside does. Good luck to both teams though. Peace up, A-Town down.

Tidal Wave
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey KoolTarpon your that running back from PI last year!!..haha..j/k Missile.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sinton94
[B]Who has the advantage?

Kicking game - Toss up!
Pass Defense - Sinton -
Rush Defense - Sinton - SWARM gets redefined this week!
Offense / Rushing - Sinton - More than two weapons!
Offense / Passing - Sinton - BURKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
Special Teams - Toss up!
Coaching - SINTON

Sinton Defense will make the big plays and Offense will cash in!

rgn4fb
10-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Here is a question for you. How do you determine who has the best coaching staff? Ingleside I think had only won 3 games in the past two years from what I have heard. Now they have 7 out of 8 games. Could a different staff had done that with the same kids?

99IHSMustang
10-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Here is a question for you. How do you determine who has the best coaching staff? Ingleside I think had only won 3 games in the past two years from what I have heard. Now they have 7 out of 8 games. Could a different staff had done that with the same kids?

Yep. I graduated in 99 from Ingleside and we had more size and speed than this team. But, guess what?? Our freakin head coach wasn't worth a damn. Not to mention some of the other staff. Our record.... 4-6 I think.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Yep. I graduated in 99 from Ingleside and we had more size and speed than this team. But, guess what?? Our freakin head coach wasn't worth a damn. Not to mention some of the other staff. Our record.... 4-6 I think. i'm thinking i know who you are...but i'm not sure.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 01:57 PM

No doubt Ingleside coaches have turned that program around and only time will determine their overall success.
My decision was based on overall experience and nothing personnel!

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
No doubt Ingleside coaches have turned that program around and only time will determine their overall success.
My decision was based on overall experience and nothing personnel! you keep drilling on the fact that Sinton "has proven" and "earned" .....this is Ingleside's first season w/ this coaching staff, yes....respect is earned..but give it a rest, i remember not TOO long ago when Sinton had to work their way outa the bottom of the barrel as well, in 95-96 it was Ingleside that was doin the arse kickin, and Sinton that was gettin kicked...but when Sinton turned it around...it wasnt a "we'll see" from Ingleside, it was a "wow...congrats guys" try not to be so negative man, we appreciate your opinion....but if you have nothing better to do than run Ingleside's program down.....maybe we could all throw ideas in a hat and draw you a hobby out. okay...i'm done :p

Phil C
10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Not to take anything from Ingleside's outstanding coaches who have done an outstanding job but it must be mentioned that Ingleside is in a fast growing area in terms of economy. Remember in 2002 the HS population in Ingleside was 547 - a third place tie with Aransas Pass in 30AAA behind Sinton and Mathis. Two years later it was 609 second behind Sinton by 9 students. It will be interesting to see what it is in 2005 count. I am not saying that is the key factor in the success but it is probably one of the factors.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Not to take anything from Ingleside's outstanding coaches who have done an outstanding job but it must be mentioned that Ingleside is in a fast growing area in terms of economy. Remember in 2002 the HS population in Ingleside was 547 - a third place tie with Aransas Pass in 30AAA behind Sinton and Mathis. Two years later it was 609 second behind Sinton by 9 students. It will be interesting to see what it is in 2005 count. I am not saying that is the key factor in the success but it is probably one of the factors. you have a good point Phil....it is most likely a factor...but not TOO big a factor..considering that this team is comprised of mainly the same players as last year's team which went 2-8.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
you keep drilling on the fact that Sinton "has proven" and "earned" .....this is Ingleside's first season w/ this coaching staff, yes....respect is earned..but give it a rest, i remember not TOO long ago when Sinton had to work their way outa the bottom of the barrel as well, in 95-96 it was Ingleside that was doin the arse kickin, and Sinton that was gettin kicked...but when Sinton turned it around...it wasnt a "we'll see" from Ingleside, it was a "wow...congrats guys" try not to be so negative man, we appreciate your opinion....but if you have nothing better to do than run Ingleside's program down.....maybe we could all throw ideas in a hat and draw you a hobby out. okay...i'm done :p

OUCH! Touch a nerve?:confused:

Speaking of hobbies, I have yet to see one fact to support anything you have to say on why Ingleside will win. Don't pull a Kerry and be all touchy feely! Throw us a bone every now and then! By the way were you doing the kickin or cheerin in 95-96. :thinking: :D :D

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Ouch!

Ding, Ding, Ding....let's get ready to rummmmble!:D

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 02:35 PM
i remember not TOO long ago when Sinton had to work their way outa the bottom of the barrel as well, in 95-96 it was Ingleside that was doin the arse kickin, and Sinton that was gettin kicked... Jeez, 9 years ago is "not TOO long ago"??? :thinking: Everyone has had their up & down years. I'm not taking anything away from Ingleside's program (and I know this is not directed at me), but you can't expect everyone to jump on your bandwagon when the only team to test you (Zapata) has beaten you.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
you keep drilling on the fact that Sinton "has proven" and "earned" .....this is Ingleside's first season w/ this coaching staff, yes....respect is earned..but give it a rest, i remember not TOO long ago when Sinton had to work their way outa the bottom of the barrel as well, in 95-96 it was Ingleside that was doin the arse kickin, and Sinton that was gettin kicked...but when Sinton turned it around...it wasnt a "we'll see" from Ingleside, it was a "wow...congrats guys" try not to be so negative man, we appreciate your opinion....but if you have nothing better to do than run Ingleside's program down.....maybe we could all throw ideas in a hat and draw you a hobby out. okay...i'm done :p

By the way my point was that the current coaching staff is the reason why Sinton is so successful and that's why I gave them the nod. Not one demeaning word was mentioned about your beloved Mustangs! Bring some facts to the table and quit whining all the time! Isn't Opera on right now?:doh:

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
you have a good point Phil....it is most likely a factor...but not TOO big a factor..considering that this team is comprised of mainly the same players as last year's team which went 2-8. I think scheduling could have something to do with the improved record. :thinking:

99IHSMustang
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
I am going to laugh so freaking hard if Sinton loses.... But let me guess fat chance right?

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 02:47 PM
I am going to laugh so freaking hard if Sinton loses.... But let me guess fat chance right? And we'll eat crow...so what -- this is fun!! :D :p

pirate44
10-27-2004, 02:47 PM
i think Ingleside has a reverse "Sinton-Pirates-circa-1988-itis". that team just 1 year prior was an extremely strong playoff team. but the next year brought a new coach. with basically the same team if not a little better, they managed to win 1 maybe 2 games. Sometimes a talented team wont play to their potential and it takes someone "worth playing hard for" to get the most out of the kids. i think its more attitude than anything.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 03:08 PM
I think scheduling could have something to do with the improved record. :thinking: and i'd have to say youre wrong.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 03:10 PM
OUCH! Touch a nerve?:confused:

Speaking of hobbies, I have yet to see one fact to support anything you have to say on why Ingleside will win. Don't pull a Kerry and be all touchy feely! Throw us a bone every now and then! By the way were you doing the kickin or cheerin in 95-96. :thinking: :D :D LOL "facts" its football slick...a game...nothing is set in stone..its not like this is a court case.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 03:24 PM
and i'd have to say your wrong.

Boy you sure put Pirate4state in his place. I don't know how you can argue with that. You may need to give him a little time to regroup after such a convincing argument! :nerd:

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Boy you sure put Pirate4state in his place. I don't know how you can argue with that. You may need to give him a little time to regroup after such a convincing argument! :nerd:

P4S is a her

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Boy you sure put Pirate4state in his place. I don't know how you can argue with that. You may need to give him a little time to regroup after such a convincing argument! :nerd: LOL...thats just my opinion...but their schedule wasnt any easier OR tougher than in the years past. theres being confident, and theres being arrogant.....seems a few of you guys are just plain arrogant. i never said sinton didnt have one hellova team...cause that'd be simply not true...but i dont think they are unbeatable...thats all i EVER said.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 03:34 PM
P4S is a her

My bad!

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 03:42 PM
LOL...thats just my opinion...but their schedule wasnt any easier OR tougher than in the years past. theres being confident, and theres being arrogant.....seems a few of you guys are just plain arrogant. i never said sinton didnt have one hellova team...cause that'd be simply not true...but i dont think they are unbeatable...thats all i EVER said.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IHStangFan
[B]i dont know that the Sinton boys should go into Ingleside w/ that kinda of over-confidence, i realize they have beat everyone else in district convincingly...but then again...Ingleside isnt everyone else in the district......so without further adue.......my prediction...

Sinton comes in way over-confident, and gets shocked...

Ingleside by 3 ;)

WOOPS!:doh: :doh:

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 03:43 PM
LOL...thats just my opinion...but their schedule wasnt any easier OR tougher than in the years past. theres being confident, and theres being arrogant.....seems a few of you guys are just plain arrogant. i never said sinton didnt have one hellova team...cause that'd be simply not true...but i dont think they are unbeatable...thats all i EVER said. Well, lets see :thinking: Now, bear with me because I got this info from the Caller Times :rolleyes: and we all know how realiable they are.

2003 Schedule & Results

Port Lavaca (weak 4A team) Lost 0-45
Orange Grove (lost in the 1st round to PI; 7-4 record) Lost 6-26
Falfurrias (lost in the 1st round to Lyford; 5-6 record) Won 34-21
Sealy (lost in the 1st round to La Grange; ?? record) Lost -46
Ganado (tough 2A team) Lost 6-48
*Taft - WON 19-18
*Mathis (lost in the 1st round to Hondo) Lost 0-26
*AP - Lost 19-22
*Sinton - Lost 7-44
*West Oso (lost in the 1st round to Devine) Lost 13-14

So, last year you played 6 teams that eventually made the playoffs, albeit they all (well, maybe not Ganado) lost in the 1st round. Out of those 6 teams your team only beat 1. IMO Ingleside's schedule was well balanced.

NOW

2004 Schedule & Results

Bishop (weak 2A team; current record 2-6) Won 52-30
Zapata (playoff contender; current record 6-0) Lost 22-51
Orange Grove (program not what it was last year; current record 3-6) WON 40-28
Taft (current record 1-6) WON 40-13
West Oso (current record 3-5) WON 37-22
Fal (current record 0-9) WON 43-21
AP (current record 6-3; but those 3 losses are in district) WON 33-7
Mathis (current record 4-4) WON 49-23

So, IMO scheduling this year has played a little factor in your record. Since you have almost the same team back, right?

Those are just my 2cents. :nerd:

sinton fan04
10-27-2004, 03:53 PM
This is the way i see it, if sinton makes mistakes it could be like the goliad game, if sintons on point its not close.

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Well, lets see :thinking: Now, bear with me because I got this info from the Caller Times :rolleyes: and we all know how realiable they are.

2003 Schedule & Results

Port Lavaca (weak 4A team) Lost 0-45
Orange Grove (lost in the 1st round to PI; 7-4 record) Lost 6-26
Falfurrias (lost in the 1st round to Lyford; 5-6 record) Won 34-21
Sealy (lost in the 1st round to La Grange; ?? record) Lost -46
Ganado (tough 2A team) Lost 6-48
*Taft - WON 19-18
*Mathis (lost in the 1st round to Hondo) Lost 0-26
*AP - Lost 19-22
*Sinton - Lost 7-44
*West Oso (lost in the 1st round to Devine) Lost 13-14

So, last year you played 6 teams that eventually made the playoffs, albeit they all (well, maybe not Ganado) lost in the 1st round. Out of those 6 teams your team only beat 1. IMO Ingleside's schedule was well balanced.

NOW

2004 Schedule & Results

Bishop (weak 2A team; current record 2-6) Won 52-30
Zapata (playoff contender; current record 6-0) Lost 22-51
Orange Grove (program not what it was last year; current record 3-6) WON 40-28
Taft (current record 1-6) WON 40-13
West Oso (current record 3-5) WON 37-22
Fal (current record 0-9) WON 43-21
AP (current record 6-3; but those 3 losses are in district) WON 33-7
Mathis (current record 4-4) WON 49-23

So, IMO scheduling this year has played a little factor in your record. Since you have almost the same team back, right?

Those are just my 2cents. :nerd:

Don't waste IHStangfan's time with facts. He would much rather this be a kinder gentler site where we all just get along and agree with him! :crying:

sinton fan04
10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
How do you let a 2a school score 30 points and one with a losing record. Let me tell you i think sintons offense is a little better lol. i know stats don't mean much but they do give you a little.

Phil C
10-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Let's not insult the Howling Bear! Not even by accident.

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 04:28 PM
How many passing teams have you guys played? As of this coming Friday, it will be one. Football isn't always a game of which team is better, a lot of times it's a game of which team matches up better. I don't think your db's have been tested like they will be on Friday. I saw a post where someone said that Ingleside will be "forced" to rely on the big play. Got news for ya, that's what they've relied on all year long. That's what wins games for them. Look at their TD drives. 35, 50, 60-yard passes or runs are what gets the Mustangs into the endzone. If you have a great redzone defense, that's great, but it doesn't matter. IF you can shut down the passing game, kudos. I just don't see it happening. Sinton teams typically have problems with passing teams.

And I saw somebody say that Sinton's passing game is better. Come on, guys, get real. I'll give you the advantage everywhere else, but not the passing game. Be objective here.

How's that for facts, 94?