PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Ingleside

Pages : 1 [2]

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 04:44 PM
http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20043ADEFPntLeader.html

Just some facts for those who are interested.

Offensive State Ranking:
Rank 7th Sinton (7-2) 359 total points with 40 point average
Rank 8th Ingleside (7-1) 317 total points with 40 point average

Points scored against:
Sinton is ranked 34th in the state giving up 14 points a game.
Ingleside is ranked 134th giving up 24 points a game.

Strength of schedule:
Sinton Ranked 43rd (7-2) 160.40 (46W-36L)
Ingleside Rank 128th (7-1) 147.95 (38W-45L)

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
How many passing teams have you guys played? As of this coming Friday, it will be one. Football isn't always a game of which team is better, a lot of times it's a game of which team matches up better. I don't think your db's have been tested like they will be on Friday. I saw a post where someone said that Ingleside will be "forced" to rely on the big play. Got news for ya, that's what they've relied on all year long. That's what wins games for them. Look at their TD drives. 35, 50, 60-yard passes or runs are what gets the Mustangs into the endzone. If you have a great redzone defense, that's great, but it doesn't matter. IF you can shut down the passing game, kudos. I just don't see it happening. Sinton teams typically have problems with passing teams.

And I saw somebody say that Sinton's passing game is better. Come on, guys, get real. I'll give you the advantage everywhere else, but not the passing game. Be objective here.

How's that for facts, 94?

I'm not sure what facts you just gave us!

Again you passed on who?

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 04:56 PM
First passing team Sinton's faced. Ingleside by a FG.

Just to remind us later!

Tidal Wave
10-27-2004, 05:36 PM
OMG lookin at those Stats I can assume that Inglesides defense is WEAK I mean look at the teams you gave up points too.Damn, no wonder you all(Ingleside) score good against those defenses cuz they are no good.Bishop scored 30 and Fal scored 21!!Come on now.Ingleside is overrated.End of Story.Come Friday they will see.

I changed my mind for the 100th time

Inglesides stays within 7 for a quarter then it gets out of hand

Sinton 14 7 7 14 42
Ingleside 7 0 7 0 14

Sinton94
10-27-2004, 05:54 PM
How many passing teams have you guys played? As of this coming Friday, it will be one. Football isn't always a game of which team is better, a lot of times it's a game of which team matches up better. I don't think your db's have been tested like they will be on Friday. I saw a post where someone said that Ingleside will be "forced" to rely on the big play. Got news for ya, that's what they've relied on all year long. That's what wins games for them. Look at their TD drives. 35, 50, 60-yard passes or runs are what gets the Mustangs into the endzone. If you have a great redzone defense, that's great, but it doesn't matter. IF you can shut down the passing game, kudos. I just don't see it happening. Sinton teams typically have problems with passing teams.

And I saw somebody say that Sinton's passing game is better. Come on, guys, get real. I'll give you the advantage everywhere else, but not the passing game. Be objective here.

How's that for facts, 94?

IHSstang fan and bigdaddyruss what team do you think gave your team the biggest challenge this year and why?

Seriously now, I'm not trying to be cocky! Cuero and GP gave us hell because they were very big, strong, fast and two dimensional. Now I feel we matched up well with both teams, but we made some mental mistakes that cost us both games. I'll take those two losses every time because I feel they learned more from those two losses than any win they've had. Now even though I doubt you were at these games, I'm quite sure these games are why you think Sinton is weak on pass defense and you have every God given right to think so. Had we played Bishop and Fal. like you guys I'm sure we would be 9 and 0 right now with some un-believable stats but never tested. BIG DEAL! Now that's not a slam on Ingleside's program nor am I saying that Sinton is the biggest, baddest team in the state, it's just my comparison of two teams and how they rank! You both have said Ingleside will win by 3 points. I say Sinton will win by 28. Let's compare notes afterwards……...for fun of course!:D :D :D

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 06:14 PM
You're right about the strength of schedule. G-P and Cuero would wax most of the teams Ingleside has played. You're also right that we haven't played consistently strong teams. We played teams we thought would be good, but it just didn't pan out this year. Fal, OG, WO and Zapata were all matchups the coaches probably thought they could build on. My guess is that when Hesseltine got here and looked around at the talent, he figured Ingleside was probably on par with those teams. Two of those programs are well-established area programs that are having down years, one didn't wake up until recently and the other is a juggernaut who manhandled us.

Back to my argument, I don't have statistics to back it up, but statistics aren't the only facts you can use in an argument. Ingleside's defense can be exposed, but it's offense was only slowed by Zapata. This is also a new system, so the kids are getting better by the week.

I see Bellville coming out of nowhere and making a run through the playoffs for the same reason... because they're not peaking until late in the season. Ingleside's defense has done a good job the past two weeks. Not great, but good. The offense is actually improving even more. Webb and the receivers (from here on is hearsay) are finally getting on the same page and the youngsters are finally catching up to the speed of the game.

Maybe size is what caught you off-guard against G-P and Cuero, but I still say that your defense will need some time to adjust to a spread offense, and the last thing your coaches want is a shootout. Ingleside by a FG.:D :clap:

99IHSMustang
10-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I think Ingleside no matter what we say will be underrated until either we beat Sinton this Friday or make some consecutive appearances to the playoffs. Wasn't it 2 weeks ago that everyone picked Aransas Pass to whoop Ingleside? If I am not mistaken even most of the Caller times fan votes went to AP. Don't be suprised Sinton fans if you see another upset in the making. I know Sinton is a great team but every dog has it's day and that might just be this Friday.

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Channel 6 has Sinton vs. Ingleside as their game of the week. Both Art & the Caller Times guy picked Sinton to win. :eek: The Caller Times guy I can handle, but Art :eek: he never picks us!! :D :hairpunk:

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Let's not insult the Howling Bear! Not even by accident. Phil, what we say has no bearing on the game played. This is all just good natured ribbing!! Right, guys & gals?? :D :cool: :devil: :nerd: :thinking:

99IHSMustang
10-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Channel 6 has Sinton vs. Ingleside as their game of the week. Both Art & the Caller Times guy picked Sinton to win. :eek: The Caller Times guy I can handle, but Art :eek: he never picks us!! :D :hairpunk:

I was looking at the Celebrity picks of the week at: http://caller.upickem.net/upickem/fans/vipsengine.asp?contestid=217&weekid=10

John Allen and Art Mack haven't picked anyone yet but the fan pick is at 88% for Sinton.

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I was looking at the Celebrity picks of the week at: http://caller.upickem.net/upickem/fans/vipsengine.asp?contestid=217&weekid=10

John Allen and Art Mack haven't picked anyone yet but the fan pick is at 88% for Sinton. They made their picks on the 6pm local news today.

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, lets see :thinking: Now, bear with me because I got this info from the Caller Times :rolleyes: and we all know how realiable they are.

2003 Schedule & Results

Port Lavaca (weak 4A team) Lost 0-45
Orange Grove (lost in the 1st round to PI; 7-4 record) Lost 6-26
Falfurrias (lost in the 1st round to Lyford; 5-6 record) Won 34-21
Sealy (lost in the 1st round to La Grange; ?? record) Lost -46
Ganado (tough 2A team) Lost 6-48
*Taft - WON 19-18
*Mathis (lost in the 1st round to Hondo) Lost 0-26
*AP - Lost 19-22
*Sinton - Lost 7-44
*West Oso (lost in the 1st round to Devine) Lost 13-14

So, last year you played 6 teams that eventually made the playoffs, albeit they all (well, maybe not Ganado) lost in the 1st round. Out of those 6 teams your team only beat 1. IMO Ingleside's schedule was well balanced.

NOW

2004 Schedule & Results

Bishop (weak 2A team; current record 2-6) Won 52-30
Zapata (playoff contender; current record 6-0) Lost 22-51
Orange Grove (program not what it was last year; current record 3-6) WON 40-28
Taft (current record 1-6) WON 40-13
West Oso (current record 3-5) WON 37-22
Fal (current record 0-9) WON 43-21
AP (current record 6-3; but those 3 losses are in district) WON 33-7
Mathis (current record 4-4) WON 49-23

So, IMO scheduling this year has played a little factor in your record. Since you have almost the same team back, right?

Those are just my 2cents. :nerd: you do realize that....there are several of those that ARE...as i said...the same team?? LOL....did you even read the teams when you posted that?? w/ the exception of Ganado, and Sealy and Port Lavaca, its the exact same schedule....and the only team that'd really make a diff. as far as the stregnth of schedule would have been Sealy, so where is the point you are trying to make??

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2004, 07:30 PM
You're right about the strength of schedule. G-P and Cuero would wax most of the teams Ingleside has played. You're also right that we haven't played consistently strong teams. We played teams we thought would be good, but it just didn't pan out this year. Fal, OG, WO and Zapata were all matchups the coaches probably thought they could build on. My guess is that when Hesseltine got here and looked around at the talent, he figured Ingleside was probably on par with those teams. Two of those programs are well-established area programs that are having down years, one didn't wake up until recently and the other is a juggernaut who manhandled us.

Back to my argument, I don't have statistics to back it up, but statistics aren't the only facts you can use in an argument. Ingleside's defense can be exposed, but it's offense was only slowed by Zapata. This is also a new system, so the kids are getting better by the week.

I see Bellville coming out of nowhere and making a run through the playoffs for the same reason... because they're not peaking until late in the season. Ingleside's defense has done a good job the past two weeks. Not great, but good. The offense is actually improving even more. Webb and the receivers (from here on is hearsay) are finally getting on the same page and the youngsters are finally catching up to the speed of the game.

Maybe size is what caught you off-guard against G-P and Cuero, but I still say that your defense will need some time to adjust to a spread offense, and the last thing your coaches want is a shootout. Ingleside by a FG.:D :clap:

Last year Sinton started slow and Qb didnt look like he would be a good QB but they improved week after week and next thing u know they playing for Region Champsionship. i see Ingleside as improving about the same but it will have to wait til next year, because unlike last year Sintons team is already primed for Playoff Games.

Sinton 50
Ingleside 7

i also changed my score And Sintons Passing is better than inglesides as you will get to see first hand!

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Don't waste IHStangfan's time with facts. He would much rather this be a kinder gentler site where we all just get along and agree with him! :crying: WOW.....no..actually...its called tact...has nothing to do w/ "nice" you have adult discussion, which i am trying to have..and you have child in the candy isle that's just been told "no"....that'd be you. :D facts, opinions, records, stats.....thats all fine and dandy, i stick w/ what i think.... Sinton is NOT going to blow Ingleside out, and they will play Sinton harder than you seem to think. i would REALLY like Ingleside to beat Sinton...cause...to eat all the crow youll have coming...its gonna take a backhoe to shovel it all down your throat.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2004, 07:39 PM
:doh: :clap: :D :D :D :D First the Red Soxs now the Mustangs the world will come to an end if that happens. They will get blown away but ya'll thanks us for it as it will help prepare Ingleside for the playoffs :D :D Good luck to the Pirates 50 times and good luck to the Mustangs 7 times

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:doh: :clap: :D :D :D :D First the Red Soxs now the Mustangs the world will come to an end if that happens. They will get blown away but ya'll thanks us for it as it will help prepare Ingleside for the playoffs :D :D Good luck to the Pirates 50 times and good luck to the Mustangs 7 times very very true...no better way to prepare for the playoffs!!

sinton66
10-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Sinton by three touchdowns.:D

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sinton by three touchdowns.:D
Ingleside by four.:tongue::D

SintonFan
10-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Jeez, yall chill out...:cool:
sorry pirate4state:p

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Ingleside by four.:tongue::D i see your 4 TDs...and i raise you a Safety.

99IHSMustang
10-27-2004, 08:08 PM
I have to say this: I think that if Sinton loses this Friday, every one of you who said that Sinton was going to blow Ingleside out of the water has to officially post an apology for being arrogant and wrong. If Sinton wins I will have no problem giving credit were it is due. I am looking forward to seeing both teams play at there best on Friday. 23Hrs 20mins 5secs and Counting!!!!

SintonFan
10-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I think Sinton will win but will give up a few points. There...
Godfather?

PhiI C
10-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Very Good Sinton Fan.
It is good to be diplomatic.
To be politically correct is of paramount importance. :)

PhiI C
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
And I repeat - Do not insult the Howling Bear! :mad:

PhiI C
10-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Even by accident!

sinfan75
10-27-2004, 08:49 PM
This game ain't gonna be a blow out, but Sinton SHOULD win 28-14. But if they come in to this game thinkin this will be cake walk then the Pirates could have a VERY long night and end up on the losin end of this game. Be confident but also be afraid of losin.

SintonFan
10-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Very Good Sinton Fan.
It is good to be diplomatic.
To be politically correct is of paramount importance. :)
Politically correct GF?:eek:
no no no
oops
gawdfatha, that thing you tawk about is like mind control...:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
sorry pirate4state:p

im chillin i only said 50 -7 and not 68-0:cool:

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you do realize that....there are several of those that ARE...as i said...the same team?? LOL....did you even read the teams when you posted that?? w/ the exception of Ganado, and Sealy and Port Lavaca, its the exact same schedule....and the only team that'd really make a diff. as far as the stregnth of schedule would have been Sealy, so where is the point you are trying to make?? What the hell do I know, I'm just a woman!! :D :p

pirate4state
10-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
sorry pirate4state:p sorry about what?? :confused: :D

SintonFan
10-27-2004, 09:33 PM
sorry about what?? :confused: :D
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/inc.gif:p

sinton66
10-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Where'd you find the smiley with the 'fro?:D

sinpirate
10-27-2004, 09:58 PM
I've already posted Sinton by 30+. I happen to feel that Sinton is that good. I do not think of myself as arrogant, just confident in a very good team. They won't loose to Ingleside. I'll be back after the game, when the Pirates have done their job

IHStangFan
10-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Where'd you find the smiley with the 'fro?:D LOL...thats exactly what i thought when i first looked at it.

Ranger354
10-27-2004, 11:11 PM
I am gone for the day and you guys / gals have talked this game to death!

Let both teams play an injury free game!

Sinton gets behind on a couple of long IHS pass plays then comes back like a bunch of Rabid Pit bull dogs on steroids!!

Sinton by 21

Lets get ready to Rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Mac's BBQ in Gregory sounds like a good pre-game treat! Maybe I will bring a few rib bones to throw to the dogs and calm them down.

Tidal Wave
10-27-2004, 11:52 PM
You got it wrong, You got it all wrong........Sinton gets ahead by 14 real quick on interceptions baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger354
10-28-2004, 07:12 AM
Maybe.........Maybe Not.

Like I said in some earlier posts. I think Sinton will fall behind early on a trick play of some sort. They always seem to bite on these. Then they will come back like crazed dogs. At this time they will probably intercept a few passes and run maybe one or two back for TDs.

Sinton by 21..........................

Ranger354
10-28-2004, 07:22 AM
I just read the Caller Times and according to them Ingleside is going to run all over Sinton from the spread formation.

Should I change my Perdiction??????????:confused:

What should I do?:thinking:

OK, I changed my mind. Sinton by 24. Jacks kicks an extra field goal.

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 07:53 AM

Good job big daddy! This is the first post from Ingleside with any backbone!

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
I just read the Caller Times and according to them Ingleside is going to run all over Sinton from the spread formation.

Should I change my Perdiction??????????:confused:

What should I do?:thinking:

OK, I changed my mind. Sinton by 24. Jacks kicks an extra field goal. yeah, i was reading that too...but w/ Sinton's supposed D, i dont see Ingleside running all over them ....i'm sure Ingleside is going to have to work for each score they get. i still dont see a blowout happening though :) IS IT FRIDAY YET?!?!

SINTON81
10-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Is it Friday yet? I can hardly keep up with the posts. I don’t read the downlow for a few hours and you guys add 2 or 3 pages on this thread......................I love it.:D :D Sinton by 21. I don't know if that is considered a blowout, but that's my prediction.:) :)

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Is it Friday yet? I can hardly keep up with the posts. I don’t read the downlow for a few hours and you guys add 2 or 3 pages on this thread......................I love it.:D :D Sinton by 21. I don't know if that is considered a blowout, but that's my prediction.:) :) Sinton by 21? yeah, that is very possible, the Mustangs are going to have to play a flawless game against Sinton to stay in it...if they make mistakes, w/ Sinton's speed on both sides of the ball, it could get outa control fast. i have faith in the Mustangs though..they will show up to play..and play hard. GET THERE EARLY FELLAS!! SEATING WILL BE TIGHT!! maybe see some of yall in the smoking area at halftime if i wanna chance loosing my seat, LOL

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IHStangFan
[B]

Sinton's supposed D

i dont see Ingleside running all over them

i'm sure Ingleside is going to have to work for each score they get.

i still dont see a blowout happening though

This says it all! We SURRENDER!:( :(

SINTON81
10-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Is it Friday yet? I can hardly keep up with the posts. I don’t read the downlow for a few hours and you guys add 2 or 3 pages on this thread......................I love it.:D :D Sinton by 21. I don't know if that is considered a blowout, but that's my prediction.:) :)

One other thing. Shouldn't all you people be working?:D :D
I got that IHStanFan, I will be there early. I'm so excited I feel like leaving right now.:D :D

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IHStangFan
[B]

Sinton's supposed D

i dont see Ingleside running all over them

i'm sure Ingleside is going to have to work for each score they get.

i still dont see a blowout happening though

This says it all! We SURRENDER!:( :( 94...do you wanna hump my leg? LOL. good morning man....you ready for Friday yet?? this week is DRAGGING out!!

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 08:32 AM
One other thing. Shouldn't all you people be working?:D :D
I got that IHStanFan, I will be there early. I'm so excited I feel like leaving right now.:D :D LOL...i hear ya man...i'm gonna set up camp in the stadium TONIGHT! :p i AM working, i'm an I.T. tech out at CCAD...my job IS computers :D

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
94...do you wanna hump my leg? LOL. good morning man....you ready for Friday yet?? this week is DRAGGING out!!

Again brilliant! Ingleside is very fortunate to have you has a fan!:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Again brilliant! Ingleside is very fortunate to have you has a fan!:rolleyes: and i am very fortunate to have you follow me around and constantly remind me of this fact...thanks.

99IHSMustang
10-28-2004, 08:55 AM
LOL...i hear ya man...i'm gonna set up camp in the stadium TONIGHT! :p i AM working, i'm an I.T. tech out at CCAD...my job IS computers :D

Cool... Me too, I work with NMCI. We service most of the entire base.

pirate4state
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
A new day. Everyone take a deep breath, hold it, and exhale. Good, now lets get down to business. :D :D

After reading the article in the Caller Times, I'm wondering if the week off (for Ingleside) will be a pro or con?? :thinking: With teenage boys it can be a bit of both, I guess. Gives teams a chance to heal, but if they were in a rhythm before their bye week and then have 2 weeks of practice w/ no game, could make for a rusty/shaky (i.e. - false start penalties, incomplete passes, etc.) start. Yes/No?? Thoughts?

Which leads me to Sinton's bye week next week. :( I'm sure the boys are tired having played 9 straight and will welcome the bye. I just hope they can stay the course once the playoffs begin. :)

:cheerl: Good Luck Pirates brand those Stangs!! :cheerl:

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Cool... Me too, I work with NMCI. We service most of the entire base. i'm contracted to CCAD, i work for a company outa Houston called Dyonyx. i work for John Ashby.

99IHSMustang
10-28-2004, 08:59 AM
i'm contracted to CCAD, i work for a company outa Houston called Dyonyx. i work for John Ashby.

Actually I work for EDS under Delphinus Engineering.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Which leads me to Sinton's bye week next week. :( I'm sure the boys are tired having played 9 straight and will welcome the bye. I just hope they can stay the course once the playoffs begin. :)

:cheerl: Good Luck Pirates brand those Stangs!! :cheerl:

I think this will help Sinton. Not only will they need a break, but they can start mentally preparing for the playoffs!

Just my opinion. :)

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think this will help Sinton. Not only will they need a break, but they can start mentally preparing for the playoffs!

Just my opinion. :) yeah, Sinton's bye came at the PERFECT time...couldnt have asked for a better bye in my opinion.

District303aPastPlayer
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
wow, 21 pages for one game .. . . Geeeezusss

rgn4fb
10-28-2004, 09:47 AM
I agree that Sinton's bye came at a great time. The 1st playoff game should be against a not very good Hondo team from a pretty weak district. If the bye does make a 1st quarter lull, the Pirates should be in full force the rest of the game. If Hondo is as avg. as I hear, us regular fans may not notice much of a lull although the coaching staff may.

pirate4state
10-28-2004, 11:46 AM
I had to work for a few hours & this slips to page 2?? Come on guys & gals -- everyone tired already?? Since we've been posting since Sunday?? :D

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 11:52 AM
GO MUSTANGS!! i think you guys will dig our new setup, new score board, play clocks in each endzone, the refs are are wired on the field...pretty neat.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 11:56 AM
I had to work for a few hours & this slips to page 2?? Come on guys & gals -- everyone tired already?? Since we've been posting since Sunday?? :D

Ha.....I have had heck getting anything done (at work) with all of the active threads this morning!

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Regardless of the outcome, I will be able to eat and sleep after this one. You know, when Ingleside beat AP, I couldn't even talk to ANYONE for 2 days. I wasn't worth a darn for an entire week! Guess I can thank Sinton for getting my head back on straight.....:evillaugh :evillaugh

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Sinton's bye is coming at the perfect time! We are going to need two weeks to clear the cowbells from our heads!

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 12:32 PM
DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!

This is the way it should always be! Two undefeated district teams battling for a district title at the end of the season. It makes for a great football game with an atmosphere that is almost play-off like, but with no one going home yet! Good luck to both teams tonight and in the play-offs. Our district will be represented well.:D :D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
94....thanks for editing that last post. I was starting to feel guilty.:(

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 12:41 PM
94....thanks for editing that last post. I was starting to feel guilty.:(

Yeah that wasn't right and it was in no way aimed at you! Please excuse my mental lapse! Your a welcome sight to this forum! I'll count on you to keep me in line! :D :D

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah that wasn't right and it was in no way aimed at you! Please excuse my mental lapse! Your a welcome sight to this forum! I'll count on you to keep me in line! :D :D ah damn, i ALWAYS miss the good stuff

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 12:46 PM
ah damn, i ALWAYS miss the good stuff

Day late and a dollar short, right 94?:D :D

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Day late and a dollar short, right 94?:D :D

your so right!:D

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
LOL...seems that way dont it.

pirate44
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
which is more likely? 50 cent actually voting or ingleside beating sinton?:D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't put money on either (sorry IHS) and I know that voter turn-out in A.P. stinks!;)

IHStangFan
10-28-2004, 02:15 PM
ah thats alright Panther Fan, not EVERYONE believes in God either....but that doesnt mean that I cant believe ;)

Blastoderm55
10-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Yep, between jiggling his belly and trying to lick you from 10 feet away.....he could give highlights from the previous season including records and scores!;)

Hah, did you ever have the privilage, or displeasure, of seeing the giant bruise that was a result of his belly slaps? Traumatizing stuff right there.

Being from Mathis, I grew up around the guy. My mom taught him when he was still in school. I don't remember when he made his way to Sinton, but it wasn't long before he was back, along with his giant cup from Golden Fried Chicken. :D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 03:35 PM
I can only imagine what the bruise must look like!:(

Phil C. (Sinton) and MikeCheck (Mathis) were giving me some insight into Ramon's problems. I really wasn't making fun of him, he is just quite a topic of conversation due to his outrageous behavior.:)

I am really amazed by his memory for scores though ... kinda weird.:rolleyes:

99IHSMustang
10-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Is he Autistic? If he is, that would explain why he is good with numbers.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Is he Autistic? If he is, that would explain why he is good with numbers.

Not sure, but I don't remember him having the physical appearance of autism. :confused:

Blastoderm55
10-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Not too sure about autism, but I know he spent his days in the special ed classroom. That wasn't meant to be a joke either.

Sinton94
10-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Just think........27 hours from now will in the middle of the first quarter.......................

Sinton ?? and Ingleside ?

To be continued......................................... :cheerl:

Ranger354
10-28-2004, 06:25 PM
SintonFan,
Tried to PM you but your mail box is full. Rangerjbf@aol.com

District303aPastPlayer
10-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
which is more likely? 50 cent actually voting or ingleside beating sinton?:D

50 Cent voting

SintonFan
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
SintonFan,
Tried to PM you but your mail box is full.
Send me the PM. I'll look at it Friday.
Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!
Beat the Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tidal Wave
10-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Where is the Ingleside Stadium??

big daddy russ
10-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Where is the Ingleside Stadium??
If you're coming from Port Isabel:

Do you know how to get to Port Aransas? We're the second town before you get there...

Take 77 all the way up to Sinton.

When you get to Sinton, exit @ Hwy 181 and take a right... 181 will take you through town and towards Taft and Gregory.

When you get to the edge of Gregory, you'll hit a Y (look for the railroad tracks crossing the highway... should be directional signs pointing you into Gregory). Bear left, heading into town. You should begin to see direction signs to Ingleside somewhere along here.

Go through town and under the underpass. Go straight through the first stop sign and round the curve to the T. At the T, take a left (you'll be on Hwy 361).

Look for the Ingleside city limits sign. It will be about 3 or 4 miles down the highway. After you see the sign, the road will curve right then back left. When you first see the hotel sign above the trees, start looking to your left. The hotel is a Comfort Inn or Quality Inn or something like that... one of those chains of hotels. Begin to slow down and the first street on the right will be Main Street. If you pass the hotel you've gone too far.

Take a right on that street and about 2/10 of a mile down you'll see California Street on the right. Head down there and it'll take you straight to the stadium.

Hope this isn't too confusing... Be safe on the way up.

Tidal Wave
10-28-2004, 11:06 PM
what about coming down from Austin coming from the main highway

sinton66
10-28-2004, 11:36 PM
If you come down I 37, take the Sinton exit just south of Mathis. It's like FM881 or something. Head east on 181 through Sinton, Taft, straight thru Gregory(181 curves right to Portland), and right on into Ingleside on 361.

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2004, 12:15 AM
If you come down I 37, take the Sinton exit just south of Mathis. It's like FM881 or something. Head east on 181 through Sinton, Taft, straight thru Gregory(181 curves right to Portland), and right on into Ingleside on 361.

37 South, exit onto 188, then do what he said

stallion02
10-29-2004, 04:01 AM
Im a virgin to this whole posting thing, hope i make it worth your time. I cannot believe there is 20 some odd pages hyping up this game. I just sat here and read through them all and i must say it got me pretty pumped. This is shapin up to be a game for the ages.

Ingleside has had some little punks comin up through the school the past couple of years, but apparently they can play some ball. Thats where i graduated from so i remember these little bastards. Maybe I'm not givin them enough credit. I'm a little torn on what to think. At first I heard they were an undersized team and just used their speed to spread the ball. But all of the sudden they've put together a nice little streak of wins and people are changing their tune sayin they're legitimate all-around.

I would love to see the boys go out there and light it up with some big-time plays and steal a win away from sinton. My high school experience left me with quite an inferiority complex to the pirates (what with y'alls excellent recruiting process and all ;) ). So it's hard for me imagine Ingleside takin a W outta this one. But tomorrow we shall see.

One thing I dont understand, is that everyone sayin the playoffs are a lock for both squads, so this game is a prep for the playoffs. There is still a very important district championship up for grabs. Let's not forget about that. Anyway, sounds like a great matchup of two well-coached teams. Cant' wait to see it. My call, sinton by 17 in a high-scoring affair.

peace

p.s. I know I'm a traitor, but i gotta go with my gut on this

sinfan75
10-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Why did Sinton JV play G-P last night? Ingleside got no JV? Or did ya'll move em to varsity to try and intimidate Sinton? Won't work if ya did!:D It's game day so every body keep your mind on your job and not on the game or you'll get fired. Unless you're the boss. I'm off to work so see yall at the game. GO PIRATES!!

pirate44
10-29-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
50 Cent voting
not giving Ingleside much credit. I think 50 is a convicted felon and can't legally vote. But then why let messy old laws get in the way of patriotic duty.:rolleyes:

Sinton94
10-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Why did Sinton JV play G-P last night? Ingleside got no JV? Or did ya'll move em to varsity to try and intimidate Sinton? Won't work if ya did!:D It's game day so every body keep your mind on your job and not on the game or you'll get fired. Unless you're the boss. I'm off to work so see yall at the game. GO PIRATES!!

Not sure why! How did the JV do?

Sinton94
10-29-2004, 07:48 AM
The Total Package
Sinton's Franco enters finale with 27 TDs

By Javier Becerra Caller-Times
October 29, 2004

West Oso coach Mark Guess said vision. Cuero coach Mark Reeve said speed and balance.

While the reasons may vary, there's no doubting Sinton senior Travis Franco's status as one of the top running backs in South Texas as the Pirates prepare for their District 30-3A finale tonight against Ingleside.

In nine games, Franco has rushed for 1,249 yards and an area best 27 touchdowns. He has scored 13 times in the past two games, including seven last Friday in a 53-12 blowout over Mathis.

Franco rushed for 147 yards and three touchdowns in a 43-13 Week 2 win over West Oso. Guess said it takes more than just physical ability to accomplish such feats.

"That guy can see everything," Guess said. "He sees things beyond what most running backs see. The effort that he gives on the field is extraordinary."

It has been lately.

Two weeks ago, Franco rushed for 211 yards and six touchdowns in a 54-9 win over Aransas Pass. Last week it was 138 yards and seven touchdowns against Mathis.

As productive as Franco has been, Sinton coach Jimmie Mitchell said the accomplishments are also a result of his attitude off the field.

"He's a special kid and a good person," Mitchell said. "Everyone likes to be around him and he doesn't let his success go to his head. He's just the type of kid that's out there having fun."

Franco said that's been easy to do with an offensive line that returned all five starters from a year ago.

The front wall of James Brown, Jim Bob Cook, Brian Garcia, Fred Rodriguez and William Schlinke has given Franco plenty of room to maneuver. Franco said it's because of the line that he's been able to become the area's scoring leader with an average of 18.7 points per game.

"I have to give all the credit to the offensive line," Franco said. "Without guys like that I can't do anything. That's where it starts, and from there everything falls into place. It's the offensive line that gets me into the end zone."

Franco has scored at least once in every game this season, including twice in a 35-28 loss to Class 3A No. 1 Cuero in Week 4. He also threw an 11-yard touchdown to Jordan Lamb that helped bring Sinton to within seven points of the Gobblers.

"We've seen some good ones, but the thing about him is that he's a real complete player," Reeve said. "You're not going to stop him, but you have to be able to slow him down. He assumes his role well and finds ways to get into the end zone."

A win tonight would give Sinton its fifth straight undefeated run at the district title. Even with a loss, the Pirates are all but guaranteed a sixth straight trip to the playoffs.

Franco said the team is after more than that.

"It means a lot to us going for five," he said. "Most of us have been a part of at least two. Going over to Ingleside's going to be kind of tough, but we're going to jump on them from the very start. We're going to dominate."

Sinton94
10-29-2004, 07:53 AM
3A districts to be won this week
October 28, 2004

Javier Becerra - Caller Times

As was the case last week, district championships will be up for grabs between several area teams Friday.

For Sinton (3-0 district, 7-2 overall) to complete its fifth straight undefeated run at the 30-3A title, it must hold off a feisty Ingleside (2-0, 7-1) team on its home field. Meanwhile, West Oso (2-0, 4-4) hosts powerhouse Zapata (2-0, 8-0) in a matchup for the 31-3A crown.

All four teams are in line for a playoff spot, but to finish at the top would be better.

Sinton at Ingleside

Sinton coach Jimmie Mitchell said he has thought a lot about Friday's game against the Mustangs, but would prefer to not comment until it's over.

"They're a good football team and we're going to have to show up and play well," he said. "We'll just let things fall where they fall."

Aside from two losses to the state's top-ranked teams in 4A and 3A - 4A Gregory-Portland and 3A Cuero - things have gone just fine for the Pirates.