PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Andrews - what are your thoughts??

Ranger Mom
09-14-2003, 10:16 AM
That Andrews team has me kinda worried. They sound like the "real deal" this year.

They beat Odessa High and Midland High the past two weeks.

Can two 3-A schools shut 'em down like they did last year?? (Sweetwater and Greenwood).

I talked to a guy from Midland High, he said the defense cannot make ANY mistakes, and if there is a fumble/interception - Andrews WILL score!!

GO GET 'EM SWEETWATER!!!

VWG
09-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Can't see Sweetwater beating Andrews. Sweetwater has a very good team, but beating a good 4A team will take a big game from both offense and defense. Just ask Abilene Wylie.
With wins over two 3-5A schools Andrews looks strong.

sinton66
09-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Looks like a big challenge for both Sweetwater and Greenwood. That said, anything is possible in high school football.

mustang04
09-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Well.....this game does look to be a tuffin', Andrews is a really good team and i cant believe how good they did against the 5-a teams, BUT...we played andrews back in the good ole' days in middle school, and i dont care if they were #1 in the state in 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, they are still a group of guys like everybody else, it comes down to heart, we are gonna have to work hard just like last week but harder, this is what pre-district is for, to find your weaknesses and make them stronger, its going to be an awesome game and i feel at heart that we can beat them, and i feel the same about greenwood when they play them

22Mustang
09-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Im wiht you on this one Mustang04.It all come down to preperation... the game is won in practice. So Sweetwater will just have to step it up this week in practice.

1 ranger fan
09-14-2003, 01:56 PM
I think Greenwood and Swater both have a real good chance to beat Andrews. It will prove out over the next few weeks, but Odessa and Midland both are very weak 5A teams. That whole district is pretty weak. After the game Friday night, I think Sweetwater will do just fine. You guys can play. I still hope you go big school so we don't have to play you again.

oneheartbeat
09-14-2003, 03:32 PM
i think the mustangs will rebound back from this past week work hard in practice this week and go to andrews and show them who the real mustangs are love you guys and lets go beat andrews ponies

vet93
09-14-2003, 03:49 PM
I think that both teams can beat the A. Mustangs. Their qb (gardner) is a stud and will have to be limited in his passing and play making abilities. They run a spread offense. When a spread is running well it is hard to stop...when it is not it looks horrible. Andrews may have some letdown after beating 2 5a schools. They will say that they want to have revenge on Greenwood and Sweetwater for beating them last year but it will be difficult for them to be as intense as they have had to be the last two weeks. I can't say for sure that SW and GW will beat Andrews...but I can say that Andrews will have respect for each of those teams after they play them one way or the other.

Chief Woodman
09-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Heart is good, but it only gets you so far. The island nation of Bora Bora can use all it's heart in a war against the USA...and still get spanked. Looks like a fantastic game. Wish I could be there.

Sweet H2O 4 Life
09-14-2003, 11:17 PM
There is no doubt that we have a tuff task ahead of us but I believe that S'water will come out on top for two reasons: 1. we have heart and 2. it'll all come down to INTENSITY!(S'water Seniors know what I'm talkin about)

mustang04
09-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Chief Woodman....dont u think the comparison of us and Andrews to Bora Bora and the US a lil harsh??? haha, at least u didnt say france

Green Ranger
09-15-2003, 08:17 AM
The article about teams bouncing back is really good, it talks about Andrews and whether or not class 3-5a is all that it is made up to be this year. I was talking with the a lady who works at Grande and she said their defense was good and any quarterback who has been at a school for four years and knows who he is playing with will be good. Regardless it will be a long two weeks for the Rangers after getting banged up a little this past week. Good Luck Sweetwater.

baddude
09-15-2003, 03:18 PM
yes sir sweet h20, intensity is what were going to have to bring with us.

Chief Woodman
09-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Mustang04...sorry if I offended, I was NOT comparing Sweetwater to Bora Bora and Andrews to USA. I was using an extreme case to show the point. If logic is sound, it should hold up under extreme examples.

So if heart "Makes the Difference" then Bora Bora with enough heart should be able to defeat the USA IF heart is what makes the difference. This is of course silly, it will never happen.

My point was that while heart can help, it will not overcome greater talent and tools. THUS, (now lets comepare the teams) Sweetwater must have reasonably close talent and coaching in order for heart to make a victory. Heck for all I know, Sweetwater has more talent and coaching and therefore heart will not even be an issue. I hope so...GO 3A against all 4A schools!

mustang04
09-15-2003, 10:39 PM
nono..i wasnt offended or anything, lol, i wasnt griping, but i know what u mean, there is a point where Heart isnt enough and talent and coaching takes over, but in teams that are so close in talent, i feel that heart can make the difference, sry to make it sound like i was mad, i wasnt