PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Mathis predictions!

PhiI C
10-17-2004, 02:32 PM
As pointed out Sinton has to play Mathis before Ingleside so let's not get ahead of ourselves. This game was very close last year and Sinton scored in the last quarter to win 14 to 7. Mathis will be tough. True they have a new coach but he is dynamic and they did beat tough Odem this year and they will be a determined team. It will be tough but I feel Sinton will win 21 to 14.

sinton66
10-17-2004, 02:41 PM
You may be over-estimating Mathis just a tad there, Phil. If Sinton comes out like they did against AP, determined to score, it could get real ugly real fast for Mathis. I'll predict 30+.

sinpirate
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Phil C, oh Phil C. What could you possibly have seen to make you think Sinton/Mathis game would be a one touchdown game? I have to go with Sinton 66. Sinton by (at least) 30.

sinpirate
10-17-2004, 05:16 PM
I think Sinton will win a very close game 28 to 21.

Phil C. I copied the above line from your post prior to the Aransas Pass game. Sinton won 54-9.

G-P King
10-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Sinton by 30+ !

PhiI C
10-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Don't forget last year we didn't win until the fourth quarter by a score of 14 to 7 and were behind at half time 7 to 0. Mathis usually plays tough against us.

sinton66
10-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Last year they had Sosa as the coach too. Mathis is not very far along in the new system yet, but you never know.

sinton fan04
10-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Phil C I can't believe you couldn't give sinton at least 14, I give sinton about 30 like the rest of the fans. Oh yeah its 2004 last years stats have nothing to do with this years pridictions look at engleside.

pirate44
10-18-2004, 07:33 AM
could be the highest scoring game of the year for Sinton

pirate44
10-18-2004, 07:34 AM
if the coach allows it

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Sinton by 30

SINTON81
10-18-2004, 08:22 AM
I think it will be Sinton by 40+ points. Not to put Mathis down, but if Sinton plays like they did against Aransas it will get ugly pretty fast.

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
You may be over-estimating Mathis just a tad there, Phil. If Sinton comes out like they did against AP, determined to score, it could get real ugly real fast for Mathis. I'll predict 30+.

Maybe not over-estimating Mathis, but under-estimating Travis Franco. He was truly impressive.

The entire Sinton team has alot of depth and momentum working in their favor. I think you can throw home field advantages and quite a few other things out the window once the ball is kicked off.

Won't be there to see the Mathis game, but will definitely make the Ingleside game since we have that week off.:thumbsup:

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Maybe not over-estimating Mathis, but under-estimating Travis Franco. He was truly impressive.

The entire Sinton team has alot of depth and momentum working in their favor. I think you can throw home field advantages and quite a few other things out the window once the ball is kicked off.

Won't be there to see the Mathis game, but will definitely make the Ingleside game since we have that week off.:thumbsup: AH....youre just coming in hopes of seeing Ingleside thashed at the hands of the Pirates ;)

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
AH....youre just coming in hopes of seeing Ingleside thashed at the hands of the Pirates ;)

No, actually I am an IHS grad and will be pulling for the underdogs, as in Ingleside!
You used the word thrashed, not me....ha ha....;)

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 10:47 AM
No, actually I am an IHS grad and will be pulling for the underdogs, as in Ingleside!
You used the word thrashed, not me....ha ha....;) hehehe....speaking from your prespective of course...but i was wrong...i stand corrected :p

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Sinton will have 4 backs around or over the 100 yard mark this game. Collins, Arredondo, Franco(2), Burk, and Ramirez (2) will all score a TD this week. This could turn into Sinton v. Taft really quickly if Sinton comes out playing like they did with AP. . .

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
I didn't even bother to check the stats on Saturday. Did Franco score every touchdown that Sinton made against AP or was it just my imagination. Seemed like every time I looked up, it was him going into the end zone.:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 11:15 AM
I didn't even bother to check the stats on Saturday. Did Franco score every touchdown that Sinton made against AP or was it just my imagination. Seemed like every time I looked up, it was him going into the end zone.:thinking:

I dont recall him scoring EVERY TD, but he did finish with 211 yards (he told me saturday) and he looks to be getting better every week. A very humble kid too. . .

Blastoderm55
10-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Sinton by about 21. Hate to predict against Mathis, but I can't favor them against Sinton after they got outplayed by an outstanding Ingleside team.

pirate4state
10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
I didn't even bother to check the stats on Saturday. Did Franco score every touchdown that Sinton made against AP or was it just my imagination. Seemed like every time I looked up, it was him going into the end zone.:thinking: He scored 6!! :eek: I believe that brings his total to 21 on the season!! :cheerl: WTG Travis!! :thumbsup: I guess AP didn't call in the individual stats...never did see them in the Caller Times. :( :rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
10-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Guess I'm not crazy after all. He had an awesome game. I think we will be seeing him advance for many years to come. It is an exciting thing to see players of that caliber and know they can go far.

When he is playing pro ball I can say, "wow, I remember when he beat the crap out of us back in 2004" :)

SintonFan
10-18-2004, 07:40 PM
I don't like to make predictions but it might be a close game.
I'll say Sinton by 3+...

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'll say Sinton by 3+... SintonFan?! are you feeling okay?? lets talk about this amigo...i'm confused! ;)

sinton66
10-18-2004, 07:44 PM
I'll say Sinton by 3+...

Are you forwarding your comments directly to Mathis, or what?;)

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Are you forwarding your comments directly to Mathis, or what?;) 66....i think he missed the "9" key after the 3.....he MUST have meant 39!

SintonFan
10-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm the Godfather's right hand man!
or left hand man if he is left-handed... :D

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm the Godfather's right hand man!
or left hand man if he is left-handed... :D AAAHHH...i gotcha, LOL

PhiI C
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Thank you SintonFan! The GodFather is right handed. ;)

PhiI C
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Also let's not forget that the new Mathis coach has had some 5A coaching experience.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Also let's not forget that the new Mathis coach has had some 5A coaching experience.

Lets not forget its not in Mathis and the Pirates havent wrapped up a playoff berth or District Title so they will come out and thrash the other Pirates. Last year it was in Mathis and Sinton had already wrapped up the District Title and came out flat.:cool:

sinfan75
10-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Sinton pulls out a sqeaker in the 4th! 50-0:D

rgn4fb
10-19-2004, 07:17 AM

I do not believe that 5A coaches are automatically better than coaches at lower classifications. I know a lot of great coaches that would not coach at a large school no matter what the pay.

What 5A schools has Coach Zepeda coached at. I know that the school in Houston that he came from is Galena Park High a 4A school.

pirate44
10-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton pulls out a sqeaker in the 4th! 50-0:D

I hope they do a bit of scoring before the 4th. i usually have to go home at halftime. the one year old son gets cranky about then.

Sinton94
10-19-2004, 12:01 PM
I look for Sinton to come out strong against Mathis and the rest of the year for that matter. The defense played great and the offense showed how good they can be when focused. Sinton might not be as intense as the week before but will get the job done. Sinton by 41.

Phil C
10-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I keep reminding you Mathis usually plays tough against Sinton and records mean nothing in this great rivalry. I look for it to be tied at the end of three quarters 7 - 7 but Sinton scores two fourth quarter touchdowns to win 21 to 7. Now how many of you are with me? :mad:

Sinton94
10-19-2004, 01:22 PM
As pointed out Sinton has to play Mathis before Ingleside so let's not get ahead of ourselves. This game was very close last year and Sinton scored in the last quarter to win 14 to 7. Mathis will be tough. True they have a new coach but he is dynamic and they did beat tough Odem this year and they will be a determined team. It will be tough but I feel Sinton will win 21 to 14.

Phil didn't you predict the AP / Sinton game would be close too? Sinton has scored 4 or more TD's in every game but one and that was against GP. I don't see that changing this week. :confused:

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I keep reminding you Mathis usually plays tough against Sinton and records mean nothing in this great rivalry. I look for it to be tied at the end of three quarters 7 - 7 but Sinton scores two fourth quarter touchdowns to win 21 to 7. Now how many of you are with me? :mad:

I bet they are much happier with you now. Better hope they don't want to kiss and make up;)

Phil C
10-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey AP Panther Fan are you going to the girls volleyball game against Mathis tonight in AP?

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2004, 01:34 PM
I have to work until 6:00. What time does it start?

You go to Mathis Volleyball games too?:)

Phil C
10-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Only when they play Sinton. :) Usually on Thursday night varsity plays at about 7:00 P.M. or a little later. I would like to go over there but can't but not sure I will be able to. I was hoping you could post the score if you went but if not don't worry about it.

mikecheck
10-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I bet they are much happier with you now. Better hope they don't want to kiss and make up;)

A kiss from the Godfather, oh no.
Sinton will score quite a bit against us and that is a fact. We all want the Dallas Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl this year, but let's use a little logic here. Mathis plays with alot of heart, but when you go against the talent that Sinton has, well unless Sinton loses alot of fumbles (not gonna happen) then the score will be closer. Doesn't look very promising for my Mathis Pirates Friday night, but I will be there rooting for them no matter what. I am pretty sure our fans will be there with me. Like all the other towns around here (almost) we stand behind them win or lose. Ingleside was very tough, but the Pirates played hard the whole game.

Phil C
10-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Mike are you going to the volleyball games played earlier this Friday?

Sinton94
10-19-2004, 01:45 PM

Well at least Sinton gained a TD from your last prediction! Have you actually watched any of the Sinton games this year? Your predictions lead me to believe not!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :doh:

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Only when they play Sinton. :) Usually on Thursday night varsity plays at about 7:00 P.M. or a little later. I would like to go over there but can't but not sure I will be able to. I was hoping you could post the score if you went but if not don't worry about it.

I will try to remember to call and check on the scores if I don't go and post them. It's a big IF though....with 3 kids going in 3 different directions, I seem to stay in a state of confusion. :confused: :eek: :eek:

Phil C
10-19-2004, 01:56 PM
I can understand that AP! I got two myself so I know what you mean. :)

Sinton94
10-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
I am pretty sure our fans will be there with me. Like all the other towns around here (almost) we stand behind them win or lose. Ingleside was very tough, but the Pirates played hard the whole game.

Well put mikecheck. I wish that all towns could have fans like that! The kids deserve it!:clap: :clap: :clap:

mikecheck
10-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Mike are you going to the volleyball games played earlier this Friday?

No volleyball games for me. I work at Ingleside so that would mean leaving early Friday (hmmm) to make both. Also my wife does the bus routes monitor and comes in late. Used to not miss any when the kids played, but that was long ago in a universe far far away.

Johnny Utah
10-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I have read that Mathis did have alot of success in the late 90's, did your sons play then???

mikecheck
10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
I have read that Mathis did have alot of success in the late 90's, did your sons play then???
Yes, my son had a great high school career thank God. His senior year he was selected 1st team all state wide receiver at 5'6 130lbs. He was also 1st team all state 2nd base same year. Too small to play college football although he did get an invite to A&M Kingsville, but he decided all own his own to be a father and has given us 3 wonderful grandchildren.

Johnny Utah
10-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Sounds as if he had a good role model. Congrats!!!

mikecheck
10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Sounds as if he had a good role model. Congrats!!!

Thanks

Sinton94
10-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Hopefully Sinton comes out with the same intensity this week as they did agaisnt AP last week and take control of the game from the start. I believe they will. Sinton by 40.

Come early Mathis! I'm willing to bet there will be a lot Ingleside fans on your side scouting the game! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sinton66
10-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Okay Godfather, here's your chance.;)

PhiI C
10-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Thank you Sinton 66 but I must admit that even though I thought Sinton would win it was not quiet as close as I expected. There must have been some discrepency in my original analysis. However except for a few big plays made by Sinton it could have been closer though. Plus Mathis did score 12 points at the end showing explosiveness that was late developing. :)

sinton66
10-23-2004, 12:01 AM
uhmmmmmm, okay........but those 12 were against the second teamers.;)