PDA

View Full Version : best crowd?

Ibleedblue
10-17-2004, 10:16 AM
who's team has the all time crowd. I would have to go with Cuero's and PI's 94' crowd in the reginol finals when the gobblers were #1 in the state and lost to the Tarpons. But their crowd the whole game was like " oop there it is, oop there it is" . That crowd was a monster the whole game. Then when Tarpons were loosing in the fourth quarter and scored the winning touchdown alll of PI's crowd went " oop there it is, oop there it is".Those are the best crowds i've ever seen in a game. who's team's crowd do you think is the best?

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Bad memory but a damn good ballgame.

jason
10-17-2004, 10:34 AM
burnet games average 25,000+.....they sold out texas stadium last year...

:D :D :D

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2004, 10:53 AM
I thought Burnett had more fans than the Kansas City Chiefs.:D

sinton66
10-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I thought Burnett had more fans than the Kansas City Chiefs.:D

Now you've done it. It's Burnet, durn-it.:D

Sinton's crowds are very quiet and reserved, almost shy. :D

jason
10-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I thought Burnett had more fans than the Kansas City Chiefs.:D no no no..they can BEAT the chiefs, but they dont have more fans....:D :D :D

jason
10-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

Sinton's crowds are very quiet and reserved, almost shy. :D for some reason i seriously doubt that....:tongue: :tongue:

hawkfan65
10-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Iowa Park has the best crowd even though we have a small school our student section is about 100 kids and they all have big cardboard signs that say stuff and they paint there bodys even in the winter (? why they do even tho its cold) and they know every cheer the cheerleaders do and they have megaphones to do it with and the drumline has a little cadence to every cheer its awsome.

Keith7
10-17-2004, 11:41 AM
uh oh here come the homers

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2004, 11:43 AM
I've seen IP, they are average at best.

sinton66
10-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by jason
for some reason i seriously doubt that....:tongue: :tongue:

I would too if I were you. ;)

mwynn05
10-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by jason
burnet games average 25,000+.....they sold out texas stadium last year...

:D :D :D I heard that too

GreenMonster
10-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Best HS crowd I eversaw was Vernon vs. Southlake Carroll at Pennington Field Semi-Finals 1992. Both sides cram packed with people sitting on top of the busses at each endzone. Great matchup won by Carroll with a fumble recovery inside the 5 in the last seconds. I believe the great Dane Johnson made the strip on Vernon's All-State RB Dexter Butler. Great game, great crowd.

GreenMonster
10-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Oh yeah HawkFan65 take an English class or two you make us look like we're from Oklahoma with those incomplete thoughts and that horrid spelling.

3afan2K3
10-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan65
Iowa Park has the best crowd even though we have a small school our student section is about 100 kids and they all have big cardboard signs that say stuff and they paint there bodys even in the winter (? why they do even tho its cold) and they know every cheer the cheerleaders do and they have megaphones to do it with and the drumline has a little cadence to every cheer its awsome.
For one of the Mavs playoffs game last year I showed up 4 hours before the game started painted head to toe.

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2004, 01:51 PM
This isn't 3A but a few years back Andrews and Stephenville in Sweetwaters Mustang Bowl for a playoff game was off the hook, standing room only and when I say that I mean the only standing room you could get was outside of the gate

3afan
10-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
uh oh here come the homers

hey, thats MY line ..........

wildstangs
10-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
This isn't 3A but a few years back Andrews and Stephenville in Sweetwaters Mustang Bowl for a playoff game was off the hook, standing room only and when I say that I mean the only standing room you could get was outside of the gate

That was a huge crowd. Andrews used a picture of that for the cover of their yearbook that year. Even though it was only the first round of the playoffs, that game decided the state championship. Hereford and Weatherford also packed the bowl the next year for an awesome game.

big daddy russ
10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't know if it's going to come close to that Stephenville/Sweetwater game, but a little while back the Ingleside/AP game had more fans than I've ever seen in a non-playoff game. It was in Ingleside, standing room only. In the East endzone the crowds of people were letting the women and the children to the front of the crowd... some of the people who got into the game didn't even get to watch it. And on the other side of the street from the West endzone, people had lined up in their cars and some people were sitting on top of their roofs, watching the game from there. The stadium was way over capacity. If I remember correctly, it was in 1997.

The largest playoff crowd I've ever seen was up in the Metroplex back in 2001. The Everman/Forney second-round match. I think it was at Pennington??? Field and the stands were packed, as were the sidelines. I was trying to get some shots of Blanton (I was there working) and had the hardest time getting through that mess. Helluva game, too.

jason
10-17-2004, 06:41 PM
forney vs everman in 2002 had pennington field 10 deep around sidelines and end zones...

big daddy russ
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
I didn't see that one. Hell, I didn't even know they played that year. I heard Forney's defense was actually better the year after Blanton graduated.

wildkat0507
10-17-2004, 07:07 PM
at the jasper/kirbyville game the kirbyville side was allways up and the jasper side left after half time

LHMom
10-17-2004, 08:49 PM
2002 LH vs. Burnet game. Not a playoff game, but both went in to the game 9-0. We had folks in line to get tickets at 2:30 in the afternoon. That was partially driven by the size of LH's stadium, but the folks were 3-4 deep at the fence all the way around the field.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
I agree!

BullFrog Dad
10-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't know if it's going to come close to that Stephenville/Sweetwater game, but a little while back the Ingleside/AP game had more fans than I've ever seen in a non-playoff game. It was in Ingleside, standing room only. In the East endzone the crowds of people were letting the women and the children to the front of the crowd... some of the people who got into the game didn't even get to watch it. And on the other side of the street from the West endzone, people had lined up in their cars and some people were sitting on top of their roofs, watching the game from there. The stadium was way over capacity. If I remember correctly, it was in 1997.

The largest playoff crowd I've ever seen was up in the Metroplex back in 2001. The Everman/Forney second-round match. I think it was at Pennington??? Field and the stands were packed, as were the sidelines. I was trying to get some shots of Blanton (I was there working) and had the hardest time getting through that mess. Helluva game, too. That was Pennington. I was at that game and it was a great one. In the first quarter Blanton was caught from behind by an Everman player(no angle)!

District303aPastPlayer
10-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Calallen vs. La Marque, circa 94??
@ Wildcat stadium, San Marcos. . . one HELLUVA crown, the entire place was packed

big daddy russ
10-18-2004, 12:28 PM
I remember that. He found that opening and I thought he was gone. And then he went down. That Everman team wanted it so bad.

ALLSPORTSGUY
10-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Large crowds have become synonymous with PN-G games. During the high school football playoffs, it's common to see crowds of 20,000 to 30,000 dedicated Indian fans at a game. Record attendances include the all-time Texas high school record and national high school record of 49,953 at Texas Stadium for the 1977 State Championship game against the Plano Wildcats.

The Indians also hold the top high school attendance records for the Houston Astrodome. The 1999 4A State Championship game drew a crowd of 39,000 with 34,000 PN-G fans filling half of the Dome. The remaining top five PN-G crowds in the Dome are 38,570; 35,439; 33,836; and 33,000.

Rabbit'93
10-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY
Large crowds have become synonymous with PN-G games. During the high school football playoffs, it's common to see crowds of 20,000 to 30,000 dedicated Indian fans at a game. Record attendances include the all-time Texas high school record and national high school record of 49,953 at Texas Stadium for the 1977 State Championship game against the Plano Wildcats.

The Indians also hold the top high school attendance records for the Houston Astrodome. The 1999 4A State Championship game drew a crowd of 39,000 with 34,000 PN-G fans filling half of the Dome. The remaining top five PN-G crowds in the Dome are 38,570; 35,439; 33,836; and 33,000.

3AFAN Where are you?:D

LMWR87
10-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Oh yeah HawkFan65 take an English class or two you make us look like we're from Oklahoma with those incomplete thoughts and that horrid spelling.

AMEN!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

The largest playoff crowd I've ever seen was up in the Metroplex back in 2001. The Everman/Forney second-round match. I think it was at Pennington??? Field and the stands were packed, as were the sidelines. I was trying to get some shots of Blanton (I was there working) and had the hardest time getting through that mess. Helluva game, too.

When it only sits 2800 there will be people outside the gates:D
:D :D :D