PDA

View Full Version : homecoming...what do you do?

BootLegNumber5
10-16-2004, 09:46 PM
If you are a coach what kind of team would you schedule for homecoming....

1. you schedule an easy team- real blow out. i mean thats always fun..

2. do you schedule the best team in your district-using all the atmosphere to your advantage, but you also run the risk of losing at your homecoming.

3. "Gee, thanks bootleg, you just made me realize that i couldn't care less about who is scheduled at homecoming

TheDOCTORdre
10-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Last year our coach thought it would be fun to let us play the number 4 team in the state for homecoming, we lost 36-29 in a great game, at the time I was angry because I wanted to win my Senior homecoming, but as I look back at it now it was one of the greatest game I have ever played in

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-16-2004, 10:19 PM
At Rice Consolidated, we played Waltrip, a 4A team and we killed them surprisingly. Everyone thought it was gonna be a close game but it ended up to be a huge blowout.

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2004, 11:39 PM
I think it's best to have Homecoming before district play starts. It can be a huge distraction.

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2004, 12:21 AM
We scheduled Sinton for our Homecoming this year no patsy's for Cuero :D

CRHSeagle
10-17-2004, 02:58 AM
We played Ferris this year and had a 60+ yard TD catch called back in the last minute of the game because of a holding penalty. We ended up losing 23-25

AggieJohn
10-17-2004, 03:08 AM
normally we schedule a patty cake team so we can win one for the gipper

Roll'em up
10-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Head coaches do not schedule thier season thinking about homecoming at all. Usually when realignment shows up it is difficult to schedule the teams you would like to. They do the best job they can to provide their team with a competitive schedule, then get together with administrators and make a decision as to which game should be homecoming.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2004, 09:12 AM
We schedule our homecoming to be the last home game before district starts....we want all that "stuff" out of the way before the games that mean something begin!

HighSchool Fan
10-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
They do the best job they can to provide their team with a competitive schedule

Have you ever seen Celina's or Pilot Points non-district schedules? They are hardly ever competitive.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-17-2004, 11:47 AM
i dont know, but in lake worth it was tradition when i was in school to go out water-ballooning everynight before homcecoming. but people started to get stupid w/ it and put the wrong things in the balloons, like motor oil or eggs, then freeze then, it kinda got out of hand so i think the police put a stop to it...but it was fun when it was around