PDA

View Full Version : Crystal City 21, Cotulla 14

intocable_cowboy
10-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Crystal City came away with the upset win tonight holding Cotulla scoreless in the 2nd half. Actually neither team was able to put any points up in the 2nd half, so Crystal City's score before the half proved to be the game winner. Cotulla killed itself with a fumble in the redzone, and was not able to do anything when it got a interception with good field postition. Cotulla did have a chance to tie it up or go for the win when it held Crystal City to a punt their own 4yd line, and got good field position. 3rd and forever hailmary came up empty, as did a 4th and a prayer and the ball went over on downs to Crystal City with about 40 secs left... and thats the way the cookie crumbles, or so I was told, I've been at work all night long. I did listen to the last couple of mins by phone with my bro commentating. Cotulla's playoff hopes just got dim with this surprise loss. Cotulla now faces a must win on the road against Carrizo Springs. Last years affair was wild, with Cotulla winning by one point on a 80yd scamper to the endzone by our old star WR Saldivar who had replaced QB Miranda at the QB postition due to injury. This year Cotulla enters the game, minus that WR, and with a so far healthy Miranda. The last two meetings have been decided by one point. Carrizo Springs took the 2002 meeting on a cold damp night 14-13, in Carrizo. That game featured some very heated moments, our coach was ejected from the 2nd half and suspended from the following game. Last year we made a 2 touchdown comeback, that included that 80 yd run, and a 4th down stop, to win the decision 24-23 in Cotulla. This year both teams enter the contest looking for thier first district win and to breathe hope back into thier playoff dreams. This is a must win for Cotulla.

In other 293A news, Hondo ended Pearsall's run of six straight wins, with a convincing 33-20 decision. Hondo moves to 2-0 and Pearsall drops to 1-1 in district. Devine continued thier district crown campaign by winning a 35-21 decision in Carrizo Springs. Devine moves to 2-0, and Carrizo drops to 0-2. Next week Hondo takes on Devine at home, both teams enter 2-0, and the district crown is on the line. In another key game, Pearsall takes on Crystal City on the road. Its mid district, its basically win or go home time for Carrizo and Cotulla. We believe in you Cowboys, lets show them we can bounce back.