PDA

View Full Version : A typical "mom" question!

Ranger Mom
10-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Are there any guidelines, protocol, etc., as to who plays their school song first at the end of the game?

Is it the home team, visiting team, winning team, losing team...or whoever starts to play it first??

marlin fan
10-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are there any guidelines, protocol, etc., as to who plays their school song first at the end of the game?

Is it the home team, visiting team, winning team, losing team...or whoever starts to play it first?? lol yeah mom it doesnt matter!!!

Chopblock
10-16-2004, 12:53 AM
usually who gets their horns up first

Ranger Mom
10-16-2004, 12:59 AM
I didn't know the "rules"(or is there were any)...it just annoys me when both bands are playing their school song at the same time!

White&Crimson
10-16-2004, 08:32 AM
I think visitors go first, but I'm not sure. The way Jasper used to do it was that we'd wait for our boys to come out of their huddle after the game and then we'd play. Since they tended to huddle for quite a while at home games, we'd usually end up playing last.
As you said, bad etiquette to play at the same time.

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2004, 09:13 AM
I believe it's visitors. Our team, regardless of home or away, have their huddle after the song & the cheerleader "point-spread" pushups. (They were just a little tired after the 75 pushups they did for VR!)

Old Tiger
10-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
usually who gets their horns up first I think your right...lol