PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Div 1 or Div 2?

Buckeyeman
10-16-2004, 12:01 AM
After tonights district games it looks like Gilmer and Pittsburg will be two of the playoff reps but who will be the third team-Mineola or Gladewater? If it's Mineola Gilmer will go Div 1. If its GW they will go Div 2.
Question - If Gilmer ends up Div 1 how will that affect the Div 1 playoffs?

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
After tonights district games it looks like Gilmer and Pittsburg will be two of the playoff reps but who will be the third team-Mineola or Gladewater? If it's Mineola Gilmer will go Div 1. If its GW they will go Div 2.
Question - If Gilmer ends up Div 1 how will that affect the Div 1 playoffs?

As good as Gilmer is I'm pulling for Mineola!

Buckeye80
10-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Gladewater vs. Mineola, I repeat, is the biggest game of the year for Gilmer. If Mineola wins, then we probably play Liberty-Eylau in the first round. If Gladewater wins, we probably play Daingerfield or Atlanta.

And we looked like "crap" offensively last night for the whole first half. The defense played well, as usual, but the offense really stunk it up for the first 24 minutes. Something has to be done about the center. I know the kid has got to be nervous, but we can't afford later for the snaps to be less than perfect. He put at least five over Manuel's head, and two over Kennedy's.

And I haven't seen it on here yet, but the final score was
Gilmer 42
Mineola 8

It was only 14-0 at halftime.

texasjeremy
10-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Atlanta isn't going to get anywhere near the playoffs this year.

Buckeye80
10-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Atlanta isn't going to get anywhere near the playoffs this year.

Nobody was worried about Atlanta when they lost four out of the first five last year, and look what happened. Don't count the Rabbits out. They are (as funny as this sounds) the best 1-6 team in the state.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Atlanta lost last night to Pleasant Grove, 23-7, so I think either Daingerfield or Pleasant Grove is more likely to be Gilmer's bi-district opponent if we stay in Div II.

The starting center, Logan Bishop, was injured and did not play. Coach Traylor said he'd be back for Gladewater. You never know how much you miss the center until he's gone. He is appropriately named. The game "centers" on him.

There is one advantage to going Div I. You only have to win five playoff games rather than six. I never thought I'd say this, but I believe Mineola has a decent shot at beating Gladewater and making the playoffs.

Matthew328
10-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Div 1 will be an easier road in the playoffs as far as Region 2 is concerned....

Buckeye80
10-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Div 1 will be an easier road in the playoffs as far as Region 2 is concerned....

Why? Who stands out to you in Reg II D2 besides Tatum, obviously?
Side note: Gilmer would beat Tatum should the two play. We have too many weapons, and they are very limited defensively. They're defense has not played an offense as dynamic as Gilmer's all season, and they won't in the regular season.
Even Spring Hill is a limited offense (Shankel and Thomas). Gilmer has several weapons and can attack from anywhere on the field.

D2 is where I see Gilmer having little trouble. D1 with the likes of WOS and Decatur and Cuero (possibly) could give the Buckeyes some trouble. JMHO