PDA

View Full Version : Cuero......#1 Team!?

gobblerfan02
10-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Man o' man, I'd have to say that anyone other than Luling could have been able to beat the Gobblers tonight. They just didn't look like the same team as in the past weeks. All the good to the undersized but speedy Luling defense, heck of a job guys, you all gave the Gobblers everything they could handle. Watching this game, Cuero didn't even look like a playoff contender much less a state contender. Unless some serious work is done, the gobblers won't have the team they think they have come playoff time.

Maybe tonight the team may have just had a bad game, not taking anything away from the Luling eagles, they played their hearts out, but something about this game was odd. It just didn't seem like a regular style of gobbler football. The strangest play did occur though: the Luling quarterback was scrambling, a Cuero defender was sacking him as he tried to pass, but the pass went backwards and a flag was thrown...a Cuero defender picked up the loose ball and ran to the endzone, but the officials for some reason acted like it was just a loss of down and placed the ball on the line of scrimage.....if anyone can explain the situation to me it would be appreciated!

Go Gobblers, a win is still a win.....7-0!

gobbler grad
10-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Cuero will win district, but really needs to get their act together before the playoffs start. They seem to look very flat at the start of each game. They are not playing 4 quarters of football right now. Maybe, too many guys are going both ways. I'm sure by playoff time Reeve will have them where they need to be. Kicking butt & taking names!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gobbler#1fan
10-15-2004, 11:46 PM
lets hope they improve before the playoffs

gobbler grad
10-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Don't understand if there is 11 people in the box and they run the ball up the middle for no gain or sometimes a loss of yards. Hit that big tight end and pick up some yards. Not sure whose calling those plays. Just wondering!!!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :confused: :confused:

gobblerfan02
10-15-2004, 11:54 PM
How bout that big tight end....they went to him the first offensive play of the game and never went back.....and the best thing about him....he's a FRESHMAN, im not talking about J.T. Rudd, I'm talking about the fresh that just got moved up this week, K. Johnson i think is his name, but im not 100% on that one, i hafta agree about the whole running into 8 men on the defensive side of the ball, Cuero should have passed more in this game against a much undersized defense, but we have to give credit where credit is due, there defense kept it close most of the game

dawgmom
10-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Sounds like Cuero had a night like Jasper! Except Cuero came out on top, Jasper didn't. I hope we can all get it together before playoffs. In our case, before Silsbee, or they will hand it to us as well and we may find ourselves sitting at home during the playoffs!

gobbler grad
10-15-2004, 11:58 PM
I agree.

Hupernikomen
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Man o' man, I'd have to say that anyone other than Luling could have been able to beat the Gobblers tonight. They just didn't look like the same team as in the past weeks. All the good to the undersized but speedy Luling defense, heck of a job guys, you all gave the Gobblers everything they could handle. Watching this game, Cuero didn't even look like a playoff contender much less a state contender. Unless some serious work is done, the gobblers won't have the team they think they have come playoff time.

Maybe tonight the team may have just had a bad game, not taking anything away from the Luling eagles, they played their hearts out, but something about this game was odd. It just didn't seem like a regular style of gobbler football. The strangest play did occur though: the Luling quarterback was scrambling, a Cuero defender was sacking him as he tried to pass, but the pass went backwards and a flag was thrown...a Cuero defender picked up the loose ball and ran to the endzone, but the officials for some reason acted like it was just a loss of down and placed the ball on the line of scrimage.....if anyone can explain the situation to me it would be appreciated!

Go Gobblers, a win is still a win.....7-0!

There is always a week last this every year. I listened to the radio at half time and heard all kinda of shocking scores...Lufkin only up by 7, Longview leading Nac. 7-3 at half!!...Warren beating Corrigan in the 3rd...Jasper losing by 9 at half to Kirbyville...Huffman and Barbers Hill 0-0 at half...Silsbee 55-0 over Coldspring at half:eek: Was a crazy night...as they say on NEGIVENFRIDAY anything can happen.

gobblerfan02
how did Jasper lose tonight hupernikomen?

chubbed_up
10-16-2004, 01:08 AM
look here gonnler fan 02, we will pick it up you dont need to worry about us. no need to diss us online we pull off every game no matter what happens...i will say that we do need to pick it up though.

flourface
10-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Don't understand if there is 11 people in the box and they run the ball up the middle for no gain or sometimes a loss of yards. Hit that big tight end and pick up some yards. Not sure whose calling those plays. Just wondering!!!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :confused: :confused:

well they did throw 20 times.....

44INAROW
10-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
look here gonnler fan 02, we will pick it up you dont need to worry about us. no need to diss us online we pull off every game no matter what happens...i will say that we do need to pick it up though.

I agree Chub. It was evident to all that things were confused out there for some reason. I am a firm believe in things happen for a reason. Seems the guys get flustered but they regain their composure and get the job done. Luling was pumped up big-time as is every opponent we play, but winners learn to overcome that along with questionable calls too. I think we've going to be OK, every road has a few bumps in it, we just seem to be hitting alot of them right now :D

gobblerfan02
10-16-2004, 11:50 AM
look here chubbed, I wasn't "dissing" the gobblers as you put it, fyi, I actually graduated from cuero. I was just suggesting they get things together because if they don't their playoff run may only last a couple of weeks! Yes, they did find a way to win, and I will give 'em credit for doing that, but last nite they didn't look like the same ole team!

bye the way, it's gobbler not "gonnler"

creditcard
10-16-2004, 12:08 PM
u guys are exactly right about us needing to step up....the real gobblers didnt even show up last night and we need to step it up and prove we are number 1....but with all that said a win is a win but we still need to step up to the next level each week so we can be ready for playoffs

G-P King
10-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Did yalls star running back ever come back into the games or is he still hurt?

creditcard
10-16-2004, 12:40 PM
if your talking about #21 no he will not return this year and i think he is not sure about if he can even play next year

G-P King
10-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
if your talking about #21 no he will not return this year and i think he is not sure about if he can even play next year thais is the RB that got hurt in the G-P scrimage right!

gobbler grad
10-16-2004, 12:51 PM
yes, you are correct