PDA

View Full Version : Wilmur-Hutchins 38 Kennedale 35 in 3 OT's

bleedgreen
10-15-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm not surprised with the outcome here. Kennedale needed to be knocked off that lofty perch it's been on. What I am surprised about is the way the Wildcats played against a team we were not even close to matching in size. W-H has a tremendous defense and are to be congratulated on a great game. This team will be the district winner.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
I'm not surprised with the outcome here. Kennedale needed to be knocked off that lofty perch it's been on. What I am surprised about is the way the Wildcats played against a team we were not even close to matching in size. W-H has a tremendous defense and are to be congratulated on a great game. This team will be the district winner.

Wow. I can't believe this one. I was sure that Kennedale would roll through district. Were there any injuries, players out because of grades? Penalties? What happened in this game?

garageoffice
10-15-2004, 11:41 PM
How do you take a good receiver out of the game, guaranteed, if your the DB he's already been behind a couple of times?

Answer: Take one for the team. Jump on him away from the play and start whoopin'. You know the refs are going to call offsetting penalties and throw both out!

Outside of the ejections early in the first quarter, this was a fantastic game. Both teams are to be congratulated for playing hard and not giving up.

How do they grow those boys so big in WH anyway? They were absolutely HUGE!

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
How do you take a good receiver out of the game, guaranteed, if your the DB he's already been behind a couple of times?

Answer: Take one for the team. Jump on him away from the play and start whoopin'. You know the refs are going to call offsetting penalties and throw both out!

:thinking:

Wow.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-16-2004, 12:14 AM
What is Wilmur-Hutchins record? I know that they have been known for the speed that they produce each year out there. Also with all the financial problems that school has, I hope they don't cut the coaches. I heard that they will have to cut like 20 teachers next week or something because they have no money to pay them. I was wondering about the football program.

Anyone know?

NWRANGERS
10-16-2004, 12:33 AM
WILMER-HUTCHINS RECORD 6-1

garageoffice
10-16-2004, 12:54 AM
WH has a really good team. Good speed, incredible size and their quarterback is pretty good at running their spread offense. They have enough receivers with some speed that they make it difficult to cover them.

I was just amazed at the size of their boys , though. They had three players that I bet were around 300 pounds. I bet their O-line outweighed Kennedale's by an average of 40-50 pounds and their D-line probably more than that!

Still, Kennedale came back from a 28-14 deficit in the 2nd half to tie it up and had a chance to win in OT2 before a fumble ended that drive.

NWRANGERS
10-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Wilmer-Hutchins still found a way to win. As for the ejections it was something that just happen. I do not think WH players intending start a fight to get a player ejection.

BootLegNumber5
10-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen

Bleedgreen...how can you say this about your own town...lofty perch??..kennedale has won all but one game by a touchdown or less...the boys knew that they were goin to have to fight in this one...you can question the calls and the coaching and whatever else you want to, but don't think that the team was cocky...they knew what was on the line and they knew that it was going to be a really tough game...they just came up short.

bleedgreen
10-16-2004, 09:15 PM
I apologize if I left the impression that the team was cocky. I saw early in the season that we did not deserve a #4 ranking. I've seen a lot of Kennedale High School football over the years and I have followed them through thick but mostly thin. In my opinion Coach Barrett has done an amazing job over the past 3-4 years in building a program that has been going deep into playoffs every year. It has been that Winning tradition that gave them that #4 ranking. Coach Barrett earned it and should be proud of his accomplishments. Pound for pound, nobody and I mean nobody in 3A could beat Kennedale at this time. They play with so much discipline and heart. They're all a bunch of "Rudy's".

With 3:43 left in the 3rd period, the Wildcats were down by 2 TD's. I'll be honest, I gave up on them.....but they did not give up on themselves. They started pulling guards and tackles to lead block for Mickey and started making long drives. They did what they had to do.

#4 ranking is a lofty perch in Texas High School football and a lot of teams have fallen this year. Now Kennedale needs to buckle down, use these last two districy games to sharpen their skills and get ready for the playoffs. That's when the real season begins and thank goodness we have Coach Barrett to lead us.

luvfutbal
10-17-2004, 03:14 AM
Kennedale has Ferris and Madison left I believe. Ferris has a pretty decent defense, but Kennedale should be able to contain their offense. Madison will be a tough one...those guys are fast and apparently for real.

Ladykat5
10-18-2004, 10:41 AM
I heard a crazy rumor and I am not sure if its true but when Kennedale played Kaufman I was told that the Kaufman coaches were tuned into our channel on our head sets so they knew all of our plays before that happened. I dont know if its true but I thought that was wild.

NWRANGERS
10-18-2004, 10:45 AM
That would not matter because Kennedale run only 6 to 7 plays

Ladykat5
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Thats what I said. But at the same time isnt that cheating or am I just dreaming. I dont think a team would stoop that low but if it was true....I mean we won anyway so I am not complaining but that wouldnt be good.

NWRANGERS
10-18-2004, 12:11 PM
It happens more than you think.

luvfutbal
10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't think the Kennedale staff cares if you know what they're running....they're talented enough to stuff it down your throat anyway

k-town ballers
10-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Ladykat5
I heard a crazy rumor and I am not sure if its true but when Kennedale played Kaufman I was told that the Kaufman coaches were tuned into our channel on our head sets so they knew all of our plays before that happened. I dont know if its true but I thought that was wild.

it wasn't kaufmans coaches

Eradicator
10-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by k-town ballers
it wasn't kaufmans coaches
If you are insinuating that Kennedale was listening to Kaufman's plays, then how was it that when Kennedale's staff came out of the press box onto the field with NO head phones on... Kennedale started to drive the ball down Kaufmans throat play after play? Please explain.

k-town ballers
10-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Eradicator
If you are insinuating that Kennedale was listening to Kaufman's plays, then how was it that when Kennedale's staff came out of the press box onto the field with NO head phones on... Kennedale started to drive the ball down Kaufmans throat play after play? Please explain.

I guess you where not there, but they didn't start moving the ball untill after we fumbled in the 3rd quarter. take a look at the dallas morning news story. your coachs came out at the end of the 1st quarter.

Kennedale - 20 Kaufman - 17
KAUFMAN – Weldon Brooks scored a pair of second half touchdowns as Kennedale (3-0) ranked second in The Morning News area poll and fifth in the AP state poll, held off a fourth quarter rally to defeat Kaufman (3-1) 20-17 Friday night.

After being held to 41 first half yards and one first down, Brooks and Mickey Norris ignited Kennedale's ground game which ended the night with 230 yards.

Adrian Bermudez connected on three field goals and a 23-yard pass to Matt Stovall to account for Kaufman's scoring. Bermudez was short on a 46-yard field goal attempt with 25-seconds to play in the fourth quarter in an attempt to send the game into overtime.

Kennedale 6 0 14 0 -- 20
Kaufman 3 3 3 8 -- 17

KAU - Adrian Bermudez 28 FG
KEN - David Collins 18 fumble return (kick failed)
KAU - Bermudez 22 FG
KEN - Waldon Brooks 7 run (Zach Mudd pass from Tommy Lee)
KAU - Bermudez 37 FG
KEN - Brooks 2 run (run failed)
KAU - Matt Stovall 23 pass from Bermudez (Stovall pass from Bermudez)
Statistic KEN KAU
First downs 9 15
Rushing yards 35-230 35-59
Passing yards 20 0
Comp-att-int 2-5-0 13-18-0
Punts-avg 5-32.4 2-37.0
Penalties-yards 9-75 3-15
Fumbles-lost 3-3 4-4
INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing – KEN: Mickey Norris 9-129, Weldon Brooks 20-86, Tommy Lee 5-14, Anthony Wickline 1-1, Jon Walker 1-(-1). KAU: Blake Mercer 16-84, Cameron Anderson 9-22, Adrian Bermudez 9-(-45), Josh Wren 1-(-2).
Passing – KEN: Tommy Lee 2-5-0-20. KAU: Adrian Bermudez 13-18-0-145.
Receiving – KEN: David Collins 1-20, Weldon Brooks 1-0. KAU: Cameron Anderson 5-50, Matt Stovall 4-47, Brian Smith 1-22, Kelsey Larson 1-14, Austin McDaniel 1-6, Blake Mercer 1-6.

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.

Eradicator
10-26-2004, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by k-town ballers
I guess you where not there, but they didn't start moving the ball untill after we fumbled in the 3rd quarter. take a look at the dallas morning news story. your coachs came out at the end of the 1st quarter.

After being held to 41 first half yards and one first down, Brooks and Mickey Norris ignited Kennedale's ground game which ended the night with 230 yards.

Yes, I was there and NO, you are wrong again. If you would have read the text you posted it says AFTER 41 FIRST HALF yards, Kennedale's ground game ignited. You said it yourself. YOU fumbled in the 3rd Quarter, that's when the coaches came out of the box, because YOUR coaches could hear US, and we got off our walkie talkies. We were using Cobra walkie talkies and your staff picked up our signal. After the first half, Kaufman must have realized that we could here them just as much as they could hear us. We got of the phones and came out of the box. Our OC was on the field and we started smashing. It's over so let it be.
Good luck in the playoffs, if your lucky we'll meet again.:nerd: