PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 13, Sealy 10

Brahma73
10-15-2004, 11:10 PM
nm

Bull's-eye
10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Congratulations Brahmas!! Benjamin returns a blocked punt 48 yds for a TD. Bonilla kicks two field goals from 35 and 34 yards for the win. Bellville's defense was very impressive, coming up with the crucial stops late in the game. Bellville's offense was held in check most of the game, but pounded out a gut wrenching drive to set up the game winning field goal. Bonilla came on to nail a 34 yd FG with only 6 seconds left in the game. Bellville started to have some success by hurrying to the line of scrimmage and quickly snapping the ball. Don't know if conditioning played a huge part or that they just kept Sealy from setting up their defense. Give alot of credit to the Tiger defense. They held Bellville to 95 yds rushing on 35 carries.

Bellville22
10-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Talk about your typical "Fair Week" game. It was only fitting that the two Austin County teams meet up on the dreaded week. I don't believe either team would tell you that they played their best, but they certainly provided us with a very exciting game.

I said in my prediction that I thought Sealy might be a bit of a better team, but the trip to Bellville would make it tough in a close game. I stand by that statement, Bellville used a blocked punt to score, and at the end of the game marched into field goal range as time was running out, not to mentioned nailed the GW kick w/ 6 ticks left, very difficult to do on the road. I expected this game to be low scoring (I said 17-14 I think), as the teams strengths cancelled each other's out. Bellville's pretty solid offense was shut down by a very good Tiger D, probably the best in the district, while Bellville's defense wasn't tested by the struggling Sealy offense. If special teams were going to be the difference, I thought it would be in Sealy's favorite. But what a job by Bellville's punt block team and K, Bonilla, who showed ice water in his veins as he came through and delivered a win for his team.

What a huge win for the Brahmas, as this puts them in great positon to grab that 3rd playoff spot, as well as in a position to try to sneak up on one of the top teams (Rice, Navasota). This team has come together nicely and really improved over the past 4 weeks. I think the tough opening 3 games helped greatly.

A win over Hempstead in a few weeks for Bellville means Sealy will have to upset either Navasota or Rice to have a shot at getting in.

Congrats to Bellville on a very tough victory against a very tough Tiger team. Great test next week as they travel to the Snakepit. The Rattlers will be heavy favorites, but this young Brahma team is playing with confidence, and that can go a long way.

Go Bulls!!!

BrahmaMom
10-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Way to go, Brahmas! Wow, what an exciting game and finish! Congrats to both teams on a hard-fought game during a cursed week! Our defense is developing just to prove me wrong in worrying--thanks so much, guys, you can prove me wrong all day long. Bonilla, wow, what a player--ice water in his veins is right! The baby Brahmas are growing up right before our very eyes--this Mom couldn't be prouder! I knew experience would help this young team and they would grow into their history and tradition; it just took time. But the timing has been great to kick it into gear, soon it will need to be high gear if we are to get a play-off berth. Don't let up, Brahmas, we've still got a ways to go. Congrats, Bulls, on a job well done. What a heartbreak loss for Sealy, who I admire. Next week, Brahmas--DO IT!