PDA

View Full Version : Columbia 30, Wharton 7

Necked
10-15-2004, 11:03 PM
10-7 at the half, then Columbia took them to the woodshed in the 2nd half........

JettJenkins04
10-15-2004, 11:15 PM
What happened? I thought the score would be the other way around. Well I guess Wharton left there DFence at home tonight.:(

Necked
10-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Two things happened. 1st, Columbia's defense completely shut down Wharton after the 1st qtr.
2nd, Columbia's offense controlled the ball in the 2nd half. I think, including their last posesion of the game, Wharton had the ball twice in the 3rd, & once in the 4th. You can't score if you don't have the football.......

scrub c
10-15-2004, 11:23 PM
what # was the QB that was supposed to be so good.

I dont think he played tonight???

I bet wharton didnt have more than 100 total offense. and most of that was in the last 3 plays with only 30 seconds left to go with WC up 30-7.

neck_06
10-16-2004, 11:52 AM
where was the qb and pack of recievers that was supposed to "do W.C. wrong all night"? i guess they got suspended from the team or failed out or something, cuz it didn't look like they played last night.

44INAROW
10-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
where was the qb and pack of recievers that was supposed to "do W.C. wrong all night"? i guess they got suspended from the team or failed out or something, cuz it didn't look like they played last night.

I am not being a smarta$$ - asking a legitimate question. West Columbia/Columbia.. are they the same?

Necked
10-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Yes, they are the same. The name of the school is Columbia High and its located in West Columbia. The school district includes the cities of WC, Brazoria, Wild Peach, & parts of Damon.

Necked
10-16-2004, 02:41 PM
The stats tell the story best:
Game stats Columbia Wharton
First Downs 21 5
Rushes-Yards 54-205 19-51
Passing-Yards 144 96
Passes 7-15-2 4-12-0
Punts- 2-37 4-36.3
Fumbles-Lost 1-0 3-3
Penalties-Yards 10-65 6-58
Records 2-0, 6-1 1-1, 3-4

Still gotta work on the penalty problem guys.....

Rushing — Columbia: Jared Flannel 27-119, Rashad Thompson 7-39, Nolan Darthard 9-27; Wharton — Trey Jones 7-30, Pierre Fleurinor 10-25.

Passing — Columbia: Vernor 6-14-118-2; Wharton: Jones 4-12-96.

Receiving — Columbia: Justin Fields 2-30; Flannel 1-61; Wharton: Jamial Shelton 1-53.

Biggest factor was time of possesion:
Columbia 39 min.
Wharton 9 min. (yes, thats correct, 9 min.)

creditcard
10-16-2004, 03:01 PM
i guess wharton didnt show up to play tonight....cuero better get their stuff together before playoffs because it looks like they could meet up with west columbia in the first round.....

44INAROW
10-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Yes, they are the same. The name of the school is Columbia High and its located in West Columbia. The school district includes the cities of WC, Brazoria, Wild Peach, & parts of Damon.

thanks Necked.....

IHStangFan
10-16-2004, 04:21 PM
WOW!! i thought i read it wrong....WTH happened?

Necked
10-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW!! i thought i read it wrong....WTH happened?

See Stats above.........

SintonFan
10-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Wow! West Columbia opened some eyes with this game.:eek:

RiverRatDad
10-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Congrats to WC on a well played game. The Wharton QB was off all night and WC shut down the running game. Wharton ran 29 plays, WC ran 70. The Wharton defence played well considering they were on the field all night. Special teams stunk for Wharton with at least 2 fumbles on kickoff returns. I thought this was the worse ref crew I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the loss on the refs (WC flat out whooped us), but that crew should be nuetered and removed from the gene pool.

neck_06
10-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
.......I thought this was the worse ref crew I have ever seen.......but that crew should be nuetered and removed from the gene pool........

LOL, they weren't that bad, i can only think of one bad call, and it was against us

RiverRatDad
10-16-2004, 09:23 PM
The pass interference call in the west end zone was a joke. The pass almost landed on the track. Yao Ming would have had to had a 4 ft jump to catch that throw. One flag was thrown and the def back still hasn't touched him. I talked to a coach that looked at the film and he said this was only the 2nd game for this crew. Now I know why.

Keith7
10-16-2004, 09:30 PM
The pass interference call in the west end zone was a joke. The pass almost landed on the track. Yao Ming would have had to had a 4 ft jump to catch that throw. One flag was thrown and the def back still hasn't touched him. I talked to a coach that looked at the film and he said this was only the 2nd game for this crew. Now I know why.

yeah that 1 call accounted for 30 points put up by columbia :doh:

Necked
10-16-2004, 11:31 PM
The pass interference call in the west end zone was a joke...
Can't imagine why the coaches would pick an inexperienced crew for an important game like this one. I was suprised by that interference call too. Defensive holding, maybe, but it was overthrown. There was a flurry of flags on both teams in that span, which was irritating to me, because the game was over at that point anyway and I had some serious bussiness to attend to in the bathroom, if you get my drift....(I hate road games!)

neck_06
10-16-2004, 11:56 PM
the call on the play in the corner was defensive holding, not pass interference, and the rule book states that even if a ball is overthrown, a defesive holding penalty stands. a pass interference call is waived off. this is why we got the first down.
and by the way, that one call didn't give W.C. 30 points

raider red 2000
10-18-2004, 09:33 AM
did the refs cost wharton the loss? NO, Wc came out and played good. it looks like they had a good plan.

did the refs effect the outcome of the game???? inexperienced crew...one from WC

it was stated that wharton had the ball for 3 playes in the 4th qtr. if the refs dont throw flags on two forth down conversions when the score is 17-7 in the forth....flags that kept WC's drive going and that help WC score to increase the lead to 24-7. then fumble by WHS on the kick-off.....1 play drive by WC on a trick play which made it 30-7....another whs fumble on a kickfoff.....wharton stops WC.....gets ball back and makes some yards....game over.

could the outcome have been different if there wasnt a flag?

LogieJoeBean001
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM

raider red 2000
10-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Wharton was out coached and out played by WC. When the same plays are run numerous times without any success, isn't it time to try something different, mix it up a bit? If "the usual" doesn't work, then try something else until you find something that does work. I know this is not the case, but it would lead one to think that Wharton does not have much depth in the playbook area. I've seen this same thing happen, year in and year out, in Wharton. They really start to make a name for themselves and then just fall flat on their face. Just when they start to earn a little respect, they turn around and shoot themselves in the foot! There will be those who will jump me for saying that, but this scenario had played out for at least the last six years that way. WC just had Wharton's number, which I gotta contribute to WC being better prepared than Wharton, which again comes down to coaching in practice and during the game. There were a few athletes that made some outstanding plays the week before, for Wharton, against Needville who never got on the field against WC. Go figure that one out too!

i am sure that you know so much more than the coaches in wharton....just because you watch football does not mean that you have a clue. do you understand how the game works....i doubt it. i doubt that you have any idea on how do deal with young people....do you honestly believe that the wharton coaches dont work.....do you believe that the kids are not working at practice....if you do, get off of you computer and go see what is going on....

and how good of a supported are you....as a wharton fan, i dont want a supporter like you next to me

just a small clue for you. detective joe bean. coplaining dosnt solve anything.....telling the kids that the coaches dont have a clue dosnt solve anything.....all it could do if any kids cared about your opinion is to lose faith in the coaches....

SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE....WE DONT WANT YOU!!!

scrub c
10-18-2004, 11:07 AM
thats kinda odd.
Sitting in the WC stands during the game there were NUMEROUS fans bad-mouthing our coaches too.(and we were winning!)
Some people think they know more than everybody else. I sure would not want people to come to my job and have to listen to people scream obsenities at me for doing things just because other people dont agree with them. But I guess that is why the teachers/coaches get paid the "big bucks".

raider red 2000
10-18-2004, 11:16 AM
its like being a comedian....getting heckled. what would happen if chris rock went to his mechanic and told him how to change the oil, went to the dentist and told him how to replace a tooth....i think that coaches should be allowed to second guess everybody...including police....could you see mack brown get caught speeding and then be able to get out and tell the cop how to do his job....now that would be funny.

LogieJoeBean001
10-18-2004, 11:39 AM
My sincerest and most humble apologies to anyone and everyone I may have offended, especially red raider, whom it appears that I've tremendously offended.

By the way, you have no clue how really close by I am, red raider. I'm right there beside you and you don't even know it. I'm probably the one sitting behind you, no maybe in front of you, no wait...maybe to the right, no... the left...or just perhaps looking over your shoulder...

It wouldn't hurt to proofread before you submit either!

scrub c
10-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Ohhhhhh

she said learn to spell!

:D

IHStangFan
10-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
yeah that 1 call accounted for 30 points put up by columbia :doh: LOL!!! :clap:

raider red 2000
10-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001

If you're angry about what I said, it's a very good thing you didn't hear what a number of fans were saying in the stands, many have been saying for years. I've always believed in speaking out and speaking up, if it was sincere and from the heart. I'm not going to "follow popular opinion" just to make others happy and feel good. You don't want me, but you are only one. I am around more than you'll ever knowand I do see a lot of what goes on. I also know that most of the players said they had really lousy practices last week, because of the weather and outside conditions. You have no idea how really close by I am. You're the one without a clue about some things, even in all of your omnipresent, infinite wisdom.

By the way, I'm right there beside you and you don't even know it, red raider! I'm probably the one sitting behind you, no maybe in front of you, no wait...maybe to the right, no... the left...or just perhaps looking over your shoulder...

It wouldn't hurt to proofread before you submit either!

that is what is funabout the computer i dont have to proofread...this isnt class. pay more attention to your computer class and your job; let others take care of theirs. does you knowing the kids and listening to them say that they had bad practices mean the the coaches dont know what they are doing?

if you know who i am then i am glad. too bad it too so long for you to figure it out. if you dont know who i am then that is fine also.
it dosnt matter.

LogieJoeBean001
10-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
pay more attention to your computer class and your job; let others take care of theirs. does you knowing the kids and listening to them say that they had bad practices mean the the coaches dont know what they are doing?

if you know who i am then i am glad. too bad it too so long for you to figure it out. if you dont know who i am then that is fine also.
it dosnt matter.

You've taken this to a totally different level, and just as I was going to apologize for everything said earlier. My intentions were never dishonorable, like you have made them appear. I have never said anything about knowing more than coaches, as you again have put words into my mouth. What part of...the practices were bad because of the weather...do you not understand. I never said a THING about them being bad because of the coaches...nothing at at all to do with the coaches!!!!! Enough is enough and this needs to end, now!

Underwater Basketweaver
10-18-2004, 01:37 PM
looks like the most significant stat was the turnovers.

whtfbplaya
10-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
LOL, they weren't that bad, i can only think of one bad call, and it was against us

Forgive me, because I know I will leave something out. First thing I have seen probably close to 1000 high school games on film and 150 live, mostly 3a but 4 and 5a also, At least 2 or 3 live college games a year and basically every one played on tv. AND IT WAS THE WORST CREW I HAVE EVER SEEN.

1st They showed up about 2 hours late (did not take care of their pre-game responsibilities.

2nd They had two situations where they lost downs

3rd They called delay of game and marked off 5 yards then granted a timeout nullifing the delay and they moved the ball back 7 yards

4th They called PI and moved the ball from the 24 to the 12 instead of the 9

5th They called PI again on the 1 and they moved the ball from the 10 to the 5 instead of the 2

6th They called offensive offsides at the snap ??????????????????????? go figure this one

7th They said a team only had 6 on the line and they really had 7 it was just an unballanced formation and then later in the game a team did have 6 and they called nothing.

8th At least 3 times that I noticed the clock either running or stoped when it should not have been.

9th A holding pen for 14 yards that should have been 10

Like I said these are off the top of my head there are more that I will add to the list later.

Notice I have said NOTHING about ANY judgement calls, which where also the worst I have seen.

As someone else stated now we know why they got 2 games.

LogieJoeBean001
10-18-2004, 07:17 PM
We can only hope that they don't get any more.

pancho villa
10-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Who plays defense?

FbCoachB40
10-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Joe Bean, I have got to agree with the raider on this one. You have questioned the coaches at Wharton all year. You have questioned the depth of their playbook, their ability to judge the talent of their players, their ability to substitute well, the list goes on and on. Yet, you haven't questioned the effort of the players. I suppose that you believe that is the coaches' fault also. I am guessing that you believe you can get more out of the kids in Wharton. WC kids came to play. IT IS NOT THE SCHEME, ITS THE TEAM. This should be the case win or lose.

I wonder if this is the stance you take when it comes to students. If a kid fails, do you blame the teacher? If a kid gets in trouble, do you blame the principals? Does any kid have to take credit anymore for their failures? Or are we going to just point fingers at the ones that love these kids the most?

I saw that raider put something about a computer class as a description of you. If you are a teacher, I hope that you don't practice this same point the finger mentallity in the classroom. If so, you are doing your kids a great disservice

FbCoachB40
10-19-2004, 09:10 AM
By the way, a big "CONGRATS" to the Roughnecks. Boy did y'all come to play. #31 is awesome. He gave the o-line fits.
Cuero don't know whats coming. Y'all go represent the district well.

Hey Pancho!! Who plays defense? WC

I'm out

whrtntig1
10-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Wharton did not play a good game. Everyone was off. West Columbia did outplay us, but there was a problem with the referees. They made bad calls for both teams but seemed to pick on Wharton after our coach talked to one after the bad call for WC. I had an ex-official sitting behind me and all he kept saying was "I hope I didn't train those guys." Unfortunately, when there are bad calls made, it leaves a bitter feeling on both sides. We all have to remember, it is a game and not a life-changing experience. Of course there's always next week and "the fat lady ain't sung yet."

pancho villa
10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
What a bunch of crying, West columbia had just as many penalties as wharton.
That neck defense just put it on the tigers.

whrtntig1
10-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Do you think the all the calls were right?

whrtntig1
10-19-2004, 09:27 AM
And I'm not crying. We lost which always makes a team stronger because they stop looking ahead and will concentrate on the next game. I've seen too many games lost when the winner gets upset by someone they least expect.

Johnnypaycheck
10-19-2004, 09:28 AM
I was at the same game...Officials were bad, but they were bad for both teams...in fact, after checking the box score, Columbia had MORE penalties than wharton had.
Wharton just got whipped on both sides of the ball, outcoached on the sidelines, and even Columbia's band was better.
Columbia seemed to have a better gameplan and they executed it to perfection.
OFFICIALS didn't determine the outcome, Columbia controlling the clock and line of scrimmage determined the game!

pancho villa
10-19-2004, 09:33 AM
whartig ya'll got upset?
west col-6-1
Whar 3-4
I think they were lucky to score at all.

scrub c
10-19-2004, 09:36 AM
I thought the calls at the end of the game were the worst.

facemask with no time left......
great way to get somebody hurt during a game that was long since academic.......

In my opinion, the game was over at halftime. Wharton had ONE play. throw it to the fast kid and everybody else illeagally crack back on the defense resulting in a 50 yard TD.

Other than that, Wharton did nothing against the top rated defense in the district......for the rest of the game. refs or no refs

mojoman
10-19-2004, 09:55 AM
What game were you watching? A super quick whistle saved a fumble for you. A late whistle cost Wharton one. A wc receiver pushes off in the end zone.. no flag. A wharton defender in front of a wc receiver get called for being on his back. Get real.

LogieJoeBean001
10-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Joe Bean, I have got to agree with the raider on this one. You have questioned the coaches at Wharton all year. You have questioned the depth of their playbook, their ability to judge the talent of their players, their ability to substitute well, the list goes on and on. Yet, you haven't questioned the effort of the players. I suppose that you believe that is the coaches' fault also. I am guessing that you believe you can get more out of the kids in Wharton. WC kids came to play. IT IS NOT THE SCHEME, ITS THE TEAM. This should be the case win or lose.

I wonder if this is the stance you take when it comes to students. If a kid fails, do you blame the teacher? If a kid gets in trouble, do you blame the principals? Does any kid have to take credit anymore for their failures? Or are we going to just point fingers at the ones that love these kids the most?

I saw that raider put something about a computer class as a description of you. If you are a teacher, I hope that you don't practice this same point the finger mentallity in the classroom. If so, you are doing your kids a great disservice

There is such a thing as a pm on here. This would have much better said there than in public. I guess you just figured I needed to be humiliated this way. So here I go in public, because I would like to have my say also.

I am the first to admit a wrong. I have been wrong in the past and I was wrong here. Unless you haven't figured it out, I'm making a public apology here. I am a big enough person to do that. I have doubted decisions made in the past, on only a couple of occassions, not the whole season. Please pull up all my old posts and count them, please! Raider Red and I have been communicating by pm's and both of us have come to realize our behavior on here was not appropriate, something that you, nor anyone else for that matter, know about because the discussions were held in private. Things were said out of pure emotion, on both sides. I never got personal, but Red Raider did. I have now been insulted and humiliated for all the world to see on this public forum. I hope this makes you and all of the others who would like to crucify me in public happy, very happy indeed. I am a person of character and integrity, which have now been stripped away by one indivdual, no, make that two now. Unless you truly know me, please don't judge me.

I guess this country isn't as free as I thought it was when a person is blackballed for their opinions, right or wrong, on a football forum. People can blast the President of the United States and say all kinds of things about him, but I can't make a remark about a ballgame without practically being run out of town on a rail.

I love being on here, but not at this price. This was just too high a price to pay. I may read, but at this point, I will spare everyone and post no more. You can't even begin to imagine how much all this has hurt me, mere words cannot even begin to express it. I've had some good times on here and have met some really truly wonderful people, even made some friends. I wish everyone the best of everything for the rest of your seasons! Good luck and God bless to all.:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

scrub c
10-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Come over to the WINNERS side.;)

scrub c
10-19-2004, 10:04 AM
mojo

so are you saying that mighty whurten offense would have moved the ball on the neck defense if it hadn't have been for the ref's.

Maybe you should call the coaches over in whurten and ask them what they think.
I didn't see any offense out of the tigers, REFs or NO REFs

Johnnypaycheck
10-19-2004, 10:06 AM
You boys from wharton better watch out...the colorado river is going to flow over its banks and the city of wharton is going to flood because of all the crying going on in the city. Get a grip and move on...you guys have some more games left to play this year...we won't even have to match up with you guys in the playoffs...

you boys better get your heads on strait because them boys in stafford aint no pushovers...

just be careful, a few of them are cheap shot artists...

pancho villa
10-19-2004, 10:06 AM
logiejoe come on over to the west columbia side we love you, and we won.
And quit crying mojofan we had more penalties anyway.
Bottom line tigers got held to less than 150 yards off.
and 65 came on last 3 plays.

whtfbplaya
10-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Forgive me, because I know I will leave something out. First thing I have seen probably close to 1000 high school games on film and 150 live, mostly 3a but 4 and 5a also, At least 2 or 3 live college games a year and basically every one played on tv. AND IT WAS THE WORST CREW I HAVE EVER SEEN.

1st They showed up about 2 hours late (did not take care of their pre-game responsibilities.

2nd They had two situations where they lost downs

3rd They called delay of game and marked off 5 yards then granted a timeout nullifing the delay and they moved the ball back 7 yards

4th They called PI and moved the ball from the 24 to the 12 instead of the 9

5th They called PI again on the 1 and they moved the ball from the 10 to the 5 instead of the 2

6th They called offensive offsides at the snap ??????????????????????? go figure this one

7th They said a team only had 6 on the line and they really had 7 it was just an unballanced formation and then later in the game a team did have 6 and they called nothing.

8th At least 3 times that I noticed the clock either running or stoped when it should not have been.

9th A holding pen for 14 yards that should have been 10

Like I said these are off the top of my head there are more that I will add to the list later.

Notice I have said NOTHING about ANY judgement calls, which where also the worst I have seen.

As someone else stated now we know why they got 2 games.

Notice none of the points on this list say against Wharton or WC, No one is saying that the ref's cost Wharton the game, only that they were bad.

pancho villa
10-19-2004, 10:22 AM
How come the losers always think the refs are bad?

whtfbplaya
10-19-2004, 10:37 AM
How come the winners can't dispute the facts that are set in their lap!

pancho villa
10-19-2004, 10:42 AM
west columbia had as many penalties, quit crying.

Johnnypaycheck
10-19-2004, 10:45 AM
look here kid,
quit crying, the river is going to overflow.
get over it, you guys got whipped...it happens...life will go on...

mojoman
10-19-2004, 12:02 PM
i didn't say the refs cost wharton the game. that is a supposition you are making. those officials could not and should not call a pop warner game. wc had the better team on fri. i did not say you didn't. read the words that are written without coming up with a different meaning.

whtfbplaya
10-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
look here kid,
quit crying, the river is going to overflow.
get over it, you guys got whipped...it happens...life will go on...

Feel free to quote the spot where I said that the refs cost anyone the game, You just looked and saw it was someone from Wharton that said something about the officials and made an A$$ out of your self by assuming that.

This goes for Villa the Pancho also.

Jody
10-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Great win guys. WC is a real deal team!

One of our (BH) last error free games, and had it not been we would have lost that one.

cap76
10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
The officials at the wharton WC game was the worst i have ever seen in a high school football game. I am not saying Wharton would have won . But the officials did not let the kids decide the game.

pancho villa
10-22-2004, 10:40 AM
All the wharton folks need some CHEESE to go with their WHINE.

Johnnypaycheck
10-22-2004, 10:45 AM
isn't wharton playing stafford tonight...they need to concentrate on beating them...

last week is over