PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 15 Dripping Springs 38

jason
10-15-2004, 10:57 PM
apparently burnet played 'pee-wee football'

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Oh my gosh!! Is it going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng season for the green Dawgs??? Dang! :eek:

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Sorry Jason,
You miss spelled that. It's pew wee, that's right we stunk. I really think somebody stole our uniforms and played instead of us.:(

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Dang - that is a tough loss. I didn't think Drip had it in them this year. Guess I was wrong.

olddawggreen
10-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh my gosh!! Is it going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng season for the green Dawgs??? Dang! :eek:

I appreciate your concern Ya Ya, but actually a lonnnnnnnng season for the Bulldogs would be a good thing. Burnet now has to win 2 of their next 3 games in order to make the playoffs. Fortunatly, NB, NBC and Lake Travis do too.

This game was a clasic example of a higher ranked team taking a lower ranked team for granted. How that happened, I don't know, but I have to admit, I was some what guilty of it also. Burnet did a pretty good job of beating themselves on this one. They apparently didn't do their home work. ( Im willing to bet they will be studing hard from here on out.)

On the other hand, Dripping Springs was very prepared for Burnet and were able to take advantage of Burnet's many mistakes. They played very agressive all night. I definatly saw a different Burnet team on the field last Friday night than I have seen most of the season, especially than the team I saw week before last against Canyon.

Dripping Springs deserves the right to enjoy their No. 1 District ranking this week. Unfortunatly, their hardest games are ahead of then. Congratulations to them on a great win last Friday night.

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Afternoon Olddawggreen,
You are sure right in that Drippin' was prepared and did a good job and we didn't. There were some bright spots. Even with all Drippin' accomplished, Burnet led in total yardage and first downs. Wow, did you see our punting average. As usual, Austin
had another good game, It wasn't his fantastic game like the week before, but he sure did a good job. James sure made some mistakes but his stats were good. Though Drippin' is in the drivers seat they have to play, Canyon, NB and LT. So we'll see.

olddawggreen
10-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by GreatBigBurnetFan
Afternoon Olddawggreen,
You are sure right in that Drippin' was prepared and did a good job and we didn't. There were some bright spots. Even with all Drippin' accomplished, Burnet led in total yardage and first downs. Wow, did you see our punting average. As usual, Austin
had another good game, It wasn't his fantastic game like the week before, but he sure did a good job. James sure made some mistakes but his stats were good. Though Drippin' is in the drivers seat they have to play, Canyon, NB and LT. So we'll see.

Thanks GBBF, James was able to get some pretty good passes to Austin, he had almost tripple the yardge against DS that he did against NBC, it just didnt count for as much. See ya next week.