PDA

View Full Version : canyon 50 dalhart 0

thumptbh
10-15-2004, 10:50 PM
nt

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 10:53 PM
lemme see.... something was said about 30 points and a dork... can't remember exactly what is was:D :D

thumptbh
10-15-2004, 10:56 PM
oh yea i forgot. lol

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Canyon is just adding them up! Here is another one.

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Canyon is gonna be a force in D1. Looks like they will have a rematch with Lubbock Cooper, regardless of how the Cooper-Muleshoe game turns out next Friday. Who you figure will be 2nd round opponent, Sweetwater?

wildstangs
10-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Canyon is gonna be a force in D1. Looks like they will have a rematch with Lubbock Cooper, regardless of how the Cooper-Muleshoe game turns out next Friday. Who you figure will be 2nd round opponent, Sweetwater?

Wylie will be the D1 rep from our district.

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 11:15 PM
thass right, I forgot they're the biggies in your district. I think I remember from the playoff charts that in D1: 1-3a plays 2-3a, 3-3a plays 4-3a, and then the winners meet in the second round.

Da Mules
10-16-2004, 09:41 AM
It was worse than it looked... turns out the score was 50-0 at halftime.
Canyon blows out Dalhart (http://www.amarillonet.com/stories/101604/hss_canyonrumbles.shtml)

VWG
10-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Canyon is putting together a really nice season.
With not being able to attend games and just reading on the downlow or Amarillo newspapers, is it their defense or offense that is stronger? They are putting points on the board, but they're also shutting people down.

thumptbh
10-16-2004, 10:52 AM
are you from this area V

its hard to say which is stronger. canyon has a great qb in matt lovorn. 1700 yards 21 tds and 2 ints this year. he has 6 great recievers with four of them being able to break long plays. two great running back (3 until they lost weatherly). they just seem to be able to score from anywhere on the field. the defense is not that big but is extremely fast and swarms the ball. they rotate about 6 defensive tackles that keeps the inside fresh and seems to wear down the guards and center. but i think most of it is just they are very close and believe in each other. after last year they just seemed to pull together. to give you an example one of the coaches has a child with jv diabetes. it just breaks your heart because the coach is a great guy. he does a fund raiser every year and this year his goal was 3500.00. he didnt ask the boys to do anything but he passed out some flyers. the boys took it on themselves without him knowing and spent a lot of their evenings raising money going door to door. on the last night they went to his house and handed him and his wife a total of 3500.00 dollars. you can tell its not all about the wins to them. they have learned some valuable things this year that they will carry for life. if they lose to perryton or dont even make the playoffs this year these boys already know they have won and im really proud that one of them is my son.