PDA

View Full Version : Since Burnet is killing lets talk about next week.

mwisnews
10-31-2003, 10:15 PM
OK since Burnet is going to kill Ingram lets talk about next week when Liberty Hill comes down.

Burnet offensive strengths: Well, I don't go to the school, my mother did and my gradparents went there, but they impress my very much. Burnet can of course pass with their good receivers Jetton, Warner, and of course Shipley. If you single cover Warner and Shipley then your screwed if you double cover them then they can throw it out in the flat or McGee will scramble for some yards. Levens is filling some pretty big shoes from Patrick Miller. He doesn't have the speed Miller does, but he is hard to tackle and won't go down. He dragged 3 guys for 12 yard gain against Wimerbely. The offensive line is experienced with one all state player and 3 out 5 of the line that came back.

Burnet offense weakness: Well last week the offensive line didn't really do a good job blocking. They still need more practice picking up the blitzes when playoffs come. They also not make stupid mental mistakes like a delay of game.

Burnet defense strengths: This is the most dominant defense I have seen in football. They can stop the run and defend the pass. Their linebackers are one of the fastest in the state and can go up against receivers in coverage. Also, they can blitz and kill the QB like the did against Wimbererly. The corners and safety are one of the best in 3A with Shipley and Warner. With that experience they have only given up few points in district. Don't forget their front four with Salidvar, sorry if spelling is wrong, and Daniel Trapp.

Burnet defense weakness: Well, I can't really say anything about a weakness. They are so dominant, but when it comes down to the playoffs they can't ever let up.

Liberty Hill offense strengths: They will run the ball down your throat all night. They know how to wear down a defense. So if they get a 15-18 then they can win a game. Knows how to milk down a clock.

Liberty Hill offense weakness: Their line is small so they can be pushed around. They can be stopped if a defense puts an 9 man front on the line. If their running game is stopped then they don't have an offense. Their running is their bread and butter, they can't live without it. With Burnet last year they stopped the run and the offense was stopped all night. They can't pass either so when they get behind and when they do pass, it may be already too late.

Liberty Hill defense strength: They are quick and know how to win. Since the offense is on the field so much it goes with the saying "Less is better". If the defense is not on the field much then Liberty Hill will win the game an the defense can do their job.

Liberty Hill defense weakness: Their not really a big team, but they are quick and agile. They will find a way to win by making the offense make the mistakes.

For Burnet to win: Well, all they have to do is stop their running game. Burnet will run and pass on offense. Burnet has to put 8 guys in the box to stop the running game and needs for that conditioning to work for this game.

For Liberty Hill to win: Well, since they are a running team, they have to control the clock and not let Burnet offense get on the field. They MUST wear down the Burnet defense, but it may be hard for a 4-4 defense that is designed to stop the run. On defense, they must make Burnet make the mental mistakes and stop Shipley and Warner at all costs. Levens must be stopped to and use their agileness to work for them.

My prediction: Burnet is better conditioned, better experienced, and will get them better practice for the playoffs.

Burnet 48-14 14 of those points come off the second team.

spaniard
10-31-2003, 10:28 PM
fair evaluation from these eyes, i havent seen our guys that much this year, and i havent seen lh yet, so i dont know what to expect, but i think our guys will come out big in this one.