PDA

View Full Version : VWG, your questions answered

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2002, 09:34 PM
VWG, you have some good points. Here is some info that might help...

1.) The Bulls were an offensive juggernaut last year in the air. The offense just didn't really click until well into district play. Rushing was decent, but just enough to keep defenses honest.

They REALLY came on strong after fininshing out the district play. You have to remember, the 5 losses in the regular season was to 4A Burkburnett, 4A Northwest, 5A Niceville Floriday, and then Playoff bound Vernon and Graham. The team just really started jelling well about halfway through district play and then really hit a groove. Just 26 yards more passing and they would have broken the single season passing record for all classification.

2.) QB P. Daugherty is looking even better than last year. He looks all around more atheletic and is making smart choices.

3.) He has one key returning receiver, but the others have stepped up and play extremely well. The passing game is definitely much advanced from where it was at the start of last year. They are already in a groove. It is still early, but this looks like it will be a better QB, receiver set then last year.

4.) Yep, if the QB goes down the offense would be in a big bind. That is why we watch the scoreboard for the last two weeks and when the numbers hit the 40s we start getting a little nervous and want to see #16 get some sideline time.

I hope you have a good weekend of football and everyone stays safe on the roads...

Take care,

slpybear

VWG
09-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Mucho appreciate the update!
I wish the Bulls and their QB much success.

Have a great season.

VWG

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2002, 09:58 PM
By the way, I have read some of your posts and have tried to fit all kinds of letters and names together... Do you hail from Vernon... or Graham...

If privacy desired make no reply. I just grew up playing with the Bulls against a lot of teams from that way I respect. Iowa Park, Vernon, Breck, Graham, Olney, Jacksboro... Those were the games that put the "road" in "road-trip." I can remember playing 8th grade ball and driving to Vernon and not playing until after the 7th grade team. Seems like we got back to Bridgeport at midnight or later.

slpybear