PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we are too immersed

AggieJohn
10-14-2004, 06:09 PM
i went to see friday night lights last night, the movie is so true to what we went through in high school, i know and can see my friends from high school identifying with all of those players......it's actually pretty sad, it made me think do i spend that much time, carring that much about a sport. Then i thought do we really put too much into these 17 year olds to preform. I don't know it really effected me....i wonder if we spend too much time together on this board worrying about high school football...i don't know, it's the first time i've felt guilty about this board...not to say that i'm not going to still post...

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Maybe we do put too much emphasis on such a small thing as high school, when I say small I mean in retrospect to the other aspects of our life, but in a world when everything else is going wrong or you are just confused about life, its good to have a thing like high school football to go root for your team and when they pull out a win you feel like a part of you has succeeded, as far as towns putting pressure on their kids to succeed, the kids would put pressure on themeselves because they have the natural instinct to win, this board is like a safe haven where you can go into a world where you are free from the other responsiblities of life... thats just my take

dawgmom
10-15-2004, 07:30 AM
I know football is my stress relief. When I can go to a game and yell without feeling guilty, stomp my feet, etc., it is relaxing for me! Maybe I put too much importance on it, but I love it! Not too often you hear that statement from a woman! :D Unless you come to this board! :clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 07:34 AM
its a form of entertainment.....period. and just as any OTHER for of entertainment...the entertainERS are under presure one way or another to perform. 17 yr old football players, 17 yr old actors, 17 yr olds that hold down a job.....etc. thats just part of growing up...if you dont learn to handle preasure when youre young...how are you gonna be able to function in the real world?? ya gotta learn to deal w/ it SOMEWHERE. why not learn playing football.

HornetMom
10-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
I know football is my stress relief. When I can go to a game and yell without feeling guilty, stomp my feet, etc., it is relaxing for me! Maybe I put too much importance on it, but I love it! Not too often you hear that statement from a woman! :D Unless you come to this board! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I feel the same way, dawgmom. You can get really crazy (within reason) and no one will say anything, except now and then my daughter willl say "mommmmmm...." :D

AggieJohn
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
yeah...but when does it become too much that kids are getting free food wherever they go and are being stopped to ask if they are going to beat so and so....ya know..it's kind of depressing, doesn't make it fun at all, it's more of a job than a recreation

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
its a form of entertainment.....period. and just as any OTHER for of entertainment...the entertainERS are under presure one way or another to perform. 17 yr old football players, 17 yr old actors, 17 yr olds that hold down a job.....etc. thats just part of growing up...if you dont learn to handle preasure when youre young...how are you gonna be able to function in the real world?? ya gotta learn to deal w/ it SOMEWHERE. why not learn playing football. very well put. nothing else needs to be said, but i also need to see the movie and see where explayer is come from.