PDA

View Full Version : KTJ's Big 12 Rankings - Week 8

KTJ
10-14-2004, 05:04 PM
1. Oklahoma (until someone knocks them off...)
2. Texas (lost to OU, but still at the top--too much firepower.)
3. Oklahoma State (slowly gaining ground--big test this week with A&M)
4. Texas Tech (70 pts against Nebraska may be fun...but reality will set in against UT.)
5. Texas A&M (A true test finally at Okie State--If A&M can win, the momentum will be huge.)
6. Mizzou (Needs to upset UT in Austin but it won't happen. Could still possibly win the North.)
7. Kansas (My darkhorse for the North winner. They are, what, 12 points away from being undefeated.)
8. Colorado (Suffering the consequences from this summer--Barnett could be gone after this year.)
9. Nebraska (A new HC and a new offense=70 points scored on you and the worst loss in NU history.)
10. Kansas State (Well, well, well--back to mediocrity.)
11. Baylor (Morriss will have a great team in a few years--a coach that doesn't quit.)
12. Iowa State (Starting so many newbies means you are last in the Big 12.)

big daddy russ
10-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Looks good to me. A&M and Tech could be flip-flopped depending on the matcup, but I think 4's a good spot for the Raiders. A&M stacks up better against run-oriented teams but Tech can roll up the points quick.

Oh, and whatever happened to the DL top-25? My friend, I'm disappointed.

AggieBob
10-15-2004, 01:06 AM
I see Tech beating tu in Lubbock. Tech AVERAGES 70 points at Home! Tech maybe a little slow to get going outside of Lubbock but in Lubbock they always have their A game on. I was at the tu Tech game last year in Austin and if it wast for Brown putting Mock in at the end Tech would have won that one. I twas close and that was an away game for tech.

AggieJohn
10-15-2004, 01:26 AM
nah...i don't see tech beating tu....as much as i'd like to see texas go 0-12 there are just some teams like tech that no cares about yet they still do good

AggieBob
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
I also see Tech being beat by A&M's 12th Man. Last Team that came in to Aggieland and ran the no huddle (Clemson) was forced to use most of their timeouts, missed key line calls, and route changes becasue it was too loud. OH and we were 15,000 short of stadium capacity!:eek:

3rdone
10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
I also see Tech being beat by A&M's 12th Man. Last Team that came in to Aggieland and ran the no huddle (Clemson) was forced to use most of their timeouts, missed key line calls, and route changes becasue it was too loud. OH and we were 15,000 short of stadium capacity!:eek:

What in Gods name makes you think that TECH will lose to A&M???????????????????????????????????? We have owned you guys for the past 10yrs................

3rdone
10-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
1. Oklahoma (until someone knocks them off...)
2. Texas (lost to OU, but still at the top--too much firepower.)
3. Oklahoma State (slowly gaining ground--big test this week with A&M)
4. Texas Tech (70 pts against Nebraska may be fun...but reality will set in against UT.)
5. Texas A&M (A true test finally at Okie State--If A&M can win, the momentum will be huge.)
6. Mizzou (Needs to upset UT in Austin but it won't happen. Could still possibly win the North.)
7. Kansas (My darkhorse for the North winner. They are, what, 12 points away from being undefeated.)
8. Colorado (Suffering the consequences from this summer--Barnett could be gone after this year.)
9. Nebraska (A new HC and a new offense=70 points scored on you and the worst loss in NU history.)
10. Kansas State (Well, well, well--back to mediocrity.)
11. Baylor (Morriss will have a great team in a few years--a coach that doesn't quit.)
12. Iowa State (Starting so many newbies means you are last in the Big 12.)

Texas is the biggest joke in college football. The most OVERRATED team in the big 12 and will get 50 + pts hung on them in Lubbock. UT can't score enough pts to win in Lubbock. Reality...we should have won in Austin last yr

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech vs UT....Tech COULD win....in theory....but it'd be a shootout....the score would probably be something like 70-68 or something....but it could happen. just my $.02