PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Kickers This Year?

Bullaholic
10-14-2004, 02:34 PM
The Bulls have been having a just miserable time making extra points this year. We messed up on 4 out of 6 extra point tries last week, and previous weeks were'nt much better. The boys are trying, but bless em' they just don't have a good kicker in the lot. Gainesville had a kid 2-3 years ago that could kick the ball through the uprights on the kickoff--don't know if he's kicking for somebody now or not. I remember Kris Brown from SLC about 10 years ago when we played SLC. Anybody got an outstanding kicker this year?

Raider4ever
10-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Last year Belville had one of the best kickers. That guy on a kick off made a field goal. But The raiders have a good punter in Jeremy Hill.

IHStangFan
10-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Gregory Portland has a kid (i think hes a soph.) thats kicked a few 50+ yrdrs.

Keith7
10-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Gainesville had a kid 2-3 years ago that could kick the ball through the uprights on the kickoff--don't know if he's kicking for somebody now or not.

he (Jon Lopez) tryed to walk on at texas tech, but his girlfriend goes to baylor so after a redshirted year at Tech he transfered to baylor and doesnt play anymore.. its a shame.. but he does hold the school record for longest field goal he kicked a 56 yarder.. he was a major weapon for us..

but Gainesville's current kicker is almost as good.. he has kicked 50 yarders in a few games.. i dont know all his stats though.. his name is Steven Arenes.. he did kick a 51 yarder against forney i know that..

Bullaholic
10-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks Keith....I always wondered what happened to that kid. He kicked the ball out of the end zone every kick during our game. Maybe he'll show up at Baylor. He certainly had the ability.

stangcenter60
10-14-2004, 07:10 PM
our kicker here in sweetwater has hit a few 50+ yard field goals in practice.....hes a junior this year....pretty good leg i would say!...makes me feel better knowing that if we r like 2 points behind all we gotta do is get the ball to the 35 yard line!

hawkfan65
10-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Wes Newman (from Iowa Park) is a really good kicker, the only time it gets blocked is when the defense dont do there job and lets the kick gets block, Swenson is a real good punter he can punt all the way to the 1 or 2 yrd. line and he does that pretty much every time!