PDA

View Full Version : Will Breckinridge make the playoffs

Rooster#70
10-14-2004, 02:30 PM
They must beat Veron Friday and still have to play Graham

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-14-2004, 02:51 PM
IP plays Vernon Friday. Breck plays Vernon the last game of the regular season. Breck will have to beat one of the Big 3 in Vernon or Graham since IP already beat them.

My prediction:
Iowa Park 4-0
Graham 3-1
Vernon 2-2
Breck 1-3
Hirschi 0-4

Macarthur
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
IP plays Vernon Friday. Breck plays Vernon the last game of the regular season. Breck will have to beat one of the Big 3 in Vernon or Graham since IP already beat them.

My prediction:
Iowa Park 4-0
Graham 3-1
Vernon 2-2
Breck 1-3
Hirschi 0-4

z, that certainly is the conventional wisdom. However, I still say that Breck may slip into that 3rd spot. The main reason I mention Vernon is that I have heard they have some injuries on their DL & Seconday. Breck's QB is pretty good and they have some decent athletes for him to throw at. If Vernon is fully healthy, then your prediction is probably accurate.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Vernon does have a lot of injuries. Our local news paper reported that against Clyde 8 starters were out. The good news is that Breack is the last game for Vernon giving those injuries time to heal. Also Vernon had a bye last week so I understand that several of those 8 will be back. The big playmaker is SS Austin Weitner (#18). Not sure if he will be back or not.

KTA
10-15-2004, 10:20 AM
I think Breck has a good chance of upseting Vernon the last game of the year. One positive is that the game is in Breck.. and the Bucks seem to be playing well at home this year. Always a good game -- gonna be a good game!

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I think Breck has a good chance of upseting Vernon the last game of the year. One positive is that the game is in Breck.. and the Bucks seem to be playing well at home this year. Always a good game -- gonna be a good game!

If they upset one it will probably be Vernon and that would be all that it takes to make the playoffs provided that Graham and IP beat both Vernon and Breck and of course Hirschi.

Sounds like it will be a showdown between the two. I'm really ready to see how good Vernon is tonight against a very good IP team. Remember that I haven't given up on Vernon yet, they played close to Wylie (lost by10) which is turning out to be a great team. If Vernon beats IP I would not be shocked, but I don't expect it to happen. Vernon has been off for two weeks so they have had time to heal and work on the o-line blocking. So you never know, they have the horses and the coaching, so lets see if the line can block. (One side note) Vernon secondary gets tested tonight as I suspect IP to come out in the spread and pass the heck out of the ball. Vernon was missing both starting safeties and a corner last game and it showed.