PDA

View Full Version : The Unsung Heroes--the "O" Line

Bullaholic
10-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Here's to the big guys of the "O" line who pull the wagon week-in week-out without hardly any praise. These kids play hard every week, never get to hear their names over the PA, and get attention only when they make a mistake. Next time you see one of these kids in your town.....slap him on the back and say--"We can't make it without you guys, Thanks for what you do." And yes, I realize "O" linemen mess up and don't do their jobs sometimes too. Do the Offensive Lines or units have a nickname such as "Hogs", etc. on your team?

CRHSeagle
10-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Big Nasties and the Pot Bellied Stallions...lol

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2004, 10:51 PM
We're not the pretty boys usually, or the ones you hear the announcers call their names but were there on every play and the only time you hear our # is when we jump offsides or hold but we are responsible for every yard gain and every TD scored much love to all those boys who are usually the first in line at the cafeteria;)

Pudlugger
10-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Five Bricks, One Wall

exbccards76'smom
10-15-2004, 03:56 AM
I have a soft spot in my heart for Offensive Lineman(that what my son played). You gotta have a good "O" line to protect the QB and to let the backs be able to run.

LogieJoeBean001
10-15-2004, 05:10 AM
My son plays on the "O" line in junior high. He keeps saying how he wants to be on the "D" line. I keep telling him what an important job he has. He's out there protecting his qb and punching holes in the other teams "D" line so that the rb's can scamper up field and his team can put points on the board. I guess even at this young age, they realize there is no glamour in being on the "O" line. I know that it has not occurred to him yet what an important role he has and what a difference he can make in any given ballgame.

Hoorah to all the "O" linemen.

big daddy russ
10-15-2004, 08:09 AM
You may be able to win a district title without a good o-line, but making it very far in the playoffs is dang near impossible. You build a team around the trenches.

crabman
10-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Cuero's is called the Mule Crew

Ross Nigh 6'-5" 280 lbs
Bryan Weaver 6'-3" 260 lbs.
Michael Haynes 5'-9" 220 lbs.
Roy Sierra 6'-2" 340 lbs.
Jeremy Spencer 6'-2" 390 lbs.

There is a reason we average over 300 yards rushing per game!