PDA

View Full Version : Tigers whip the Roughnecks

gamers
10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
If anyone is looking for a game to go watch Friday night, this should be a good one. Starts at 7:30 in Wharton. This game is essentially for the District title. The winner here should run the table and win the district title. Wharton is going to score too many points for Columbia to keep up. If Wharton's defense plays solid, they will win huge. From what I've heard, Columbia is scrappy and has a few good athletes. They just kind of find ways to win. That is the mark of a good team, but Wharton will go up early and continue to apply pressure on these guys. I am going to pick Wharton to win by 13. Wharton has too many good athletes and too much speed for Columbia. Should be a great district game with the Tigers coming out on top.

scrub c
10-15-2004, 08:25 AM
first sensible post I have read about this game.

I too believe that whurten has 5times the speed of our beloved NECKS.
Now if you were gonna get under center and try to run the ball, our defense would KILL whurten. But the offense yall run is the offense our boys have trouble stopping. (ie..barbers hill) And im gonna step out here on a limb and say whurten has a tad more speed than does barbers hill.
Hopefully whurten high tiger is looking past the necks and our boys can sneak up on em.

FbCoachB40
10-15-2004, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't count on the Tigers looking past WC. This one is for the golden football that says district champs.

raider red 2000
10-15-2004, 11:39 AM
sub-varsity scores
Freshmen Tigers over WC 14-6
JV Tigers over Roughnecks 40-0

RiverRatDad
10-15-2004, 11:55 AM
The Tigers won't be looking past WC, this is the game they have been looking forward to playing. WC will be our toughest district game, and tonight we will play on a nice, cool and dry evening. The field will be fast, the stands will be full, and we will all be loud as we have a perfect evening for high school football. I hoping for few flags, no injuries and a Wharton Win! Good luck Tigers!

bc 76
10-15-2004, 12:24 PM
This is the type of team Wharton has problems with,a team that runs the ball right at you and uses alot of misdirections plays.But Columbia has not played a team with the athletes Wharton has.I think Wharton wins this one at home Wharton 35 Columbia 27

scrub c
10-15-2004, 11:26 PM
well i guess that settles it.

WC 30- WHARTON 07