PDA

View Full Version : Panhandle picks 10/15

Da Mules
10-14-2004, 08:40 AM
My picks this week in the Top o Texas:

1-3a:
Dalhart @ Canyon. poor ol 0-6 Golden Wolves fixin' to go 0-7. Will somebody please redistrict Dalhart down. Oops, that won't help; they have already lost to a 2A and 1A team. Canyon 45- Dalhart 0.

Amarillo River Road @ Perryton. Having lost to Borger last week 20-0, the RR Wildcats apparently have had their Super Bowl already by knocking off previously unbeaten Muleshoe. The ROad will have to knock off Perryton or Canyon to have a hope at the playoffs, But despite losing their best running back in game 2 for the rest of the season, the Rangers will roll up the Road. Perryton 32, Road 7.

Borger bye. Next game vs Perryton 10/22.

2-3a:
Brownfield @ Littlefield. This game has playoff implications for both teams. Brownfield has played the tougher schedule. I'm going with the Cubs in a close game, 28-21.

Levelland @ Lubbock Cooper: Levelland already has 1 loss in this 5-team district, and really can't afford to lose again. Unfortunately for the Loboes, the Pirates have too much D for the Lowblows sputtering offense. Cooper 32, Levelland 14.

Muleshoe has a bye, and is preparing for the Rilly Big Shew when Lubbock Cooper comes to take on da Mules October 22 in Muleshoe.

mulefan
10-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Looks good my friend. How bout them mules!

Da Mules
10-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I'd say them Mules are looking pretty sharp. Getting their butts kicked at River Road might have been the best thing to happen to them in the long run; teach em to show up hungry and mad. That was tough luck for the Lobos though, wasn't it! :D :D Coaches need to show the River Road game film all week to keep da Mules in a bad :mad: mood!

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Do people still live in the panhandle?

thumptbh
10-14-2004, 10:59 AM
only the smart good looking ones!!

pancho villa
10-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I moved from ther 23 years ago, and it sucked then, but the girls were nice.

thumptbh
10-15-2004, 12:00 PM
canyon by 35
cooper by 30
perryton by 14
littlefield by 7

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Thump, I think you're sandbagging on us..I'd say Canyon wins by only 35 also... if the coach yanks the starters after the 1st quarter!

Perryton by 14... hmm, River Road will have to crank up the D to hold the Rangers. You might be closer than my prediction if the Rangers have a so-so night.

Brownfield-Littlefield. The Wildcats do have the home-field, but they lost their best running back (Comacho) with a broken collarbone for the rest of the year. Cooper had them reeling last week and it looked like Littlefield just couldn't wait for the game to end, and I don't think they can bounce back. The Cubs are kind of an unknown factor so far this year..did OK against sime teams from down further south. I still pick the Cubs by 7. Brownfield needs to win to stay in the running for the district title, and Littlefield needs to win just to have a hope at the playoffs.

Levelland actually has a "good-looking" team; lots of size, speed, QB has an arm, etc... their problem is that they have been takin' a butt-whoopin' in football for all their lives, and it's all between their ears. IF Brad Thiessen can "Knute Rockne" them into believing in themselves, they actually have as many weapons as anybody in the district. That's a huge task...I think Thiessen WILL build a Stratford-type powerhouse in Levelland eventually. but not this year. Surely the Lobos willl have picked up since last week. Cooper 32, Levelland 14.

thumptbh
10-15-2004, 03:23 PM
your right about perryton. im banking on them having an off night and river road doing thier every other game on/off routine. no matter what perryton still wins this one.

i think littlefield is going to win this just because thier backs are against the wall. when they played canyon they come off the ball. i think pride is going to take it for them.

as for levelland. they do have some athletes. im gonna bet they beat littlefield and brownfield to take the 3rd spot. (also wishful thinking on my part)

gonna be looking forward to see the super mule/ cooper game. hope the mules take it to them.

ill make a bet with ya. if canyon wins by more than 35 ill post up that da mule is the football stud and thump is a dork!!!

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Hehe... I ain' takin that bet! Cause all they have to do is coast up to 30+ points and then put in the JV for the rest of the night. Muleshoe coach as a rule of thumb will jerk the starters when he gets up by 30. Yes he did pull the starters against Levelland at 34-0. Those Lobos just had bad timing playing da Mules after the River Road debacle. Well we're off tonight, so I'm planning to watch the Dirt Bowl (Littledirt and Browndirt) play instead.

mulefan
10-15-2004, 04:38 PM
IM GONNA WATCH COOPER AND LEVELLAND.

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd love to scout the Pirates but it's 34 miles vs 90. Plus unless Knute Rockne does show up, it ain't gonna be much of a game.

mulefan
10-15-2004, 04:45 PM
I KNOW IT'S JUST AN EXCUSE TO GO EAT SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS RECORDS AND RANKINGS OUT THE WINDOW NEXT WEEK THEY ARE GONNA PLAY TUFF BOTH SIDES.

Da Mules
10-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Eat somewhere different? Heck, stop and get a Subway at the intersection of 84South & Hwy 385 :D

Keith7
10-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I like your picks Da Mules