PDA

View Full Version : Texas & Other State HS Classifications

Bullaholic
10-13-2004, 08:26 PM
I see some high schools along the borders of Texas (OK, La, and NM) play teams in these states. I wonder how their enrollment classifcations correspond to ours, i.e., is 3A OK=3A TX, etc. And when they play are there any UIL rule differences to work out?

shankbear
10-13-2004, 09:02 PM
I went to law school in Oklahoma and they go through 6-A. Their giant schools are 6-A. They play like a good Texas 4-A team and only draw fans like a Texas 4-A. I lived in Okla City and I went to games with Moore and Putnam City West and they were pretty good but not like Texas.

Bullaholic
10-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks again Shankbear....I think you're about "half" smart. I always hear about the Jenks, OK teams being awfully good every year. I did not know how the inter-state classes corresponded. By the way....Do you know any good lawyer jokes?.....I'm sure your friends never tell you any.

KTJ
10-13-2004, 09:37 PM
I think in Okie, some of the school play, for instance 5A football but 6A basketball.

It's all screwed up in that state. :p

shankbear
10-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Bull...why am I half smart?? Is it the fact that I am a lawyer or that I went to school in OKC? I HATE OU with a burning passion. I went to Okla. City University. We were famous for Abe Lemmons. The greatest guy you could ever meet. A few NAIA national championships there and some good teams at UT.

Jokes....most lawyers ARE jokes.

Bullaholic
10-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Shankbear.....About "Half Smart" is not intended as an insult. In rural areas, educated, bright, people were often referred to as "about half smart". Nobody on here would hardly believe that there's any native Okie that isn't in love with OU. But they forget about OKC and OSU. By the way....some of my best friends are lawyers. Thanks again for the info in my posts. Best of Luck.

Roll'em up
10-14-2004, 06:44 AM
In the past Oklahoma classifications have been about a class higher in comparison to texas enrollments. For example, Oklahoma 5A's are more like Texas 4A's and so on down the line.