PDA

View Full Version : I'd Like to Know.... (Texas Horns)

CHSBaseball07
10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Id Like to know how in the heck do you say someone is overrated by losing 12-0 to a # 2 team......and saying that we were tore up by a 19 year old.....when someones good it DONT MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE.......HE IS JUST A GREAT ATHLETE........Aggie Fans......do yall think before yall say anything........yall wont come close to that score......theres no way yall could hold OU to only 12 points...........i dont care if someone is 15 years old if hes good.....Then dear lord hes good.......he aint gotta be 23 or 22 to be able to TEAR A defense up .............. I HOPE A&M GETS IT HANDED TO EM IN STILLWATER...........

'Nuff Said

tmac
10-14-2004, 10:43 AM
yeah they will get about as close as they did last year

2futurecard'smom
10-14-2004, 10:50 AM
LOOKS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE PAGE 11 OF THE OTHER THREAD........JUST WON'T GIVE UP ON TRYING TO KEEP THE FIGHT
GOING BETWEEN tu AND AGGIES.................GROW UP.

Old Tiger
10-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Texas needs some playmakers at the wide reciever position.

3afan
10-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Aggie Fans......do yall think before yall say anything........

hehe

JasperDog94
10-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 2futurecard'smom
LOOKS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE PAGE 11 OF THE OTHER THREAD........JUST WON'T GIVE UP ON TRYING TO KEEP THE FIGHT
GOING BETWEEN tu AND AGGIES.................GROW UP. Gee, I wonder why things just can't be civil? Could it be that your entire thread was in caps and the only thing lowercase was the dyslexic UT?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fballchick06
10-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Aggie Fans......do yall think before yall say anything........

i think its a little presumptuous to call out all aggie fans as not thinking....it is only a few outspoken "fans" who are trashing texas for losing to ou - most aggie posters who have any grasp of the real world realize that the aggies are just now climbing back into contention and have no room to criticize anyone. there are always a few outspoken posters for each team who let the rivalry cloud their better judgement... please do not see this small majority as the overall attitude of most a&m supporters.

AggieJohn
10-14-2004, 06:31 PM
i was always for taking a competency test before we allow folks to post on our site

big daddy russ
10-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
i was always for taking a competency test before we allow folks to post on our site
LOL

big daddy russ
10-14-2004, 08:59 PM
J-dog's so sensitive about his 'Horns.

JasperDog94
10-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
J-dog's so sensitive about his 'Horns. Please elaborate.

White&Crimson
10-14-2004, 10:06 PM
J-dog's so sensitive about his 'Horns.

I'd say it's more that he is irritated by ignorance.

JasperDog94
10-14-2004, 11:02 PM
lol;)

big daddy russ
10-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by White&Crimson
:D :D :D

\Ig"no*rance\, n. [F., fr. L. ignorantia.] 1. The condition of being ignorant; the want of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

Looked like pretty well-informed arguments on both sides of the field to me. Some fans have a definite soft spot for Young, and point out that he's a gifted athlete and he's only 19, that his mechanics are raw and that he had an off-game. Others say that his mechanics are just flawed, his football IQ is low and that he's not a pure QB. I'd say both sides of the argument are good ones, and arguing for one side or the other doesn't make you ignorant. :rolleyes:

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 12:07 AM
and arguing for one side or the other doesn't make you ignorant. :rolleyes:

You missed my point. Arguing for one side is not ignorant, but this is:

AggieBob
10-15-2004, 12:59 AM
You missed my point. Arguing for one side is not ignorant, but this is:

:doh: That's ignorant? :confused:

AggieJohn
10-15-2004, 01:39 AM
tru

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 01:56 AM
As JasperDog already mentioned, it's the dyslexic lowercase UT that I am referring to.

Ag04
10-15-2004, 08:42 AM

I would hardly call that ignorance....someone is ignorant when they say tu, but "aggy" is posted everywhere, but nope that's not ignorance is it?
And yes, being aggies we say tu! just part of what we do, and it is unintelligent of you to throw out insults when the statement is far from ignorant!

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 10:35 AM
I'd say it's a matter of opinion. In my opinion, the whole "tu" thing is very ignorant. And actually, I'd say posting "aggy" would be ignorant also. But of course, you are entitled to your opinion.
I also find it a tad ridiculous that you are justifying it by saying "it's just part of what we do" as if that makes it perfectably acceptable. Just because it's a tradition doesn't make it right.

AggieJohn
10-15-2004, 10:38 AM
As JasperDog already mentioned, it's the dyslexic lowercase UT that I am referring to.

if you have a problem with it call us Texas M&A, i could care less :clap:

big daddy russ
10-15-2004, 10:42 AM
I'd say it's a matter of opinion. In my opinion, the whole "tu" thing is very ignorant. And actually, I'd say posting "aggy" would be ignorant also. But of course, you are entitled to your opinion.
I also find it a tad ridiculous that you are justifying it by saying "it's just part of what we do" as if that makes it perfectably acceptable. Just because it's a tradition doesn't make it right.
It's just not that big of a deal. The guys up in Tuscaloosa like to call us the hillbillies on the Plains. Oh well. Seems like UT fans are just a lot more sensitive than Aggie fans about that stuff. Now about their teams and their rivalries, it might be the other way around.

Panther Ross
10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
A&M has a good chance against OU this season proved it 2 years ago and have a chance to do it again.

Panther Ross
10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Id Like to know how in the heck do you say someone is overrated by losing 12-0 to a # 2 team......and saying that we were tore up by a 19 year old.....when someones good it DONT MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE.......HE IS JUST A GREAT ATHLETE........Aggie Fans......do yall think before yall say anything........yall wont come close to that score......theres no way yall could hold OU to only 12 points...........i dont care if someone is 15 years old if hes good.....Then dear lord hes good.......he aint gotta be 23 or 22 to be able to TEAR A defense up .............. I HOPE A&M GETS IT HANDED TO EM IN STILLWATER...........

'Nuff Said

Stop whining. Cry me a river.

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
if you have a problem with it call us Texas M&A, i could care less :clap:

I have more class than that. 'Nuff said.

AggieJohn
10-15-2004, 10:49 AM
my setiments exactly, at least a&m can beat blow-u once in a while

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Just as an aside, I think the most ridiculous thing UT fans or students get called is "teasips". It's so bizarre that it makes me laugh every time.

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 10:54 AM
By the way explayer, I've been wondering...what is your sig picture from?

AggieBob
10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
By the way explayer, I've been wondering...what is your sig picture from?

LOL!

AggieBob
10-15-2004, 01:37 PM
t.u., t-sips, blow-u, and alll of the other names given to school rivals are all traditions... :mad:RAGGING ON A SCHOOL'S AND SAYING THEY ARE "ignorant" IS REDICULOUS! :mad: Ragging on a school's tradtions is like ragging on someones dead great grandpa. Besides were does t.u have the right to rag on A&m!? :confused: they started the whole blow-u name for OU! Also us in Aggieland make fun of ourselves too. WHo do you think made up Aggie jokes? We have 1000's of them for sell in our bookstores. We also refer to ourselves as Farmers. We respect your traditions you should respect ours! If you cant even do that than that makes you classes as well as ignorant!

White&Crimson
10-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
Ragging on a school's tradtions is like ragging on someones dead great grandpa. Besides were does t.u have the right to rag on A&m!? :confused: they started the whole blow-u name for OU!

No, I don't think it's anything like ragging on someone's dead great grandpa. Like I said before, just because it is a tradition doens't make it a good thing. What about "traditional" hazing to get into a sorority or fraternity that was often degrading and/or physically harmful? Since it's tradition, I guess there is nothing wrong with it, huh?
What about slavery? That was practiced for hundreds of years and while not a tradition persay, it was a way of life. That didn't make it right. And me saying I don't think it was right doesn't mean I am ragging on my great great grandpa who was in the Confederate army either. Yes, that is an extreme example, but it's the same mentality.
As for Blow-U, I think it's dumb and I don't use the term even though I am a UT fan. You can't lump all Longhorns together just like you can't lump all Aggies together. I'm not saying Aggies are ignorant or that all their traditions are ignorant, I'm just saying that in my opinion, the whole "tu" thing is ignorant.
By the way, I don't even like all of UT's traditions, such as Hex Ralley. Just because I don't like a tradition doesn't mean that I disrespect the school.

big daddy russ
10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
I guess I'm just not politically correct enough to care. If you're that sensitive of a guy, I'm sorry. But hey, I hear chicks dig those sensitive guys.

JasperDog94
10-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
Besides were does t.u have the right to rag on A&m!?

We respect your traditions you should respect ours!(sigh) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only problem I have with A&M is their bitter hatred for UT.

Secondly, what UT traditions do you respect?

JasperDog94
10-15-2004, 03:07 PM
[i]Originally posted by big daddy russ [/]
I guess I'm just not politically correct enough to care. If you're that sensitive of a guy, I'm sorry. But hey, I hear chicks dig those sensitive guys. Good one...:rolleyes: Way to fire back with an intellectual response.

Just FYI - White & Crimson is a chick, not a guy.