PDA

View Full Version : best Line backer so far

Ibleedblue
10-13-2004, 06:25 PM
who has been the best line backer this year? right now my hats are off to Frakie Herrera for PI leading the " seawall defense with 59 solo tackles in six games. who's the best LB this year and what are his stats

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Quite impressive. :eek: I don't have the stats for last week's game against Brady, but with 4 1/2 games (the half being the Vista Ridge game), Tony Haberer leads our LB with 30 solos.

JettJenkins04
10-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Was Frakie Herrera #1 from last years team?

PI-fan
10-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
Was Frakie Herrera #1 from last years team?

Yeah, but his name is Frankie H. ;)

He got MVP on defensive last yr. in the rgv area which encompasses 35+ 3A-5A schools.

Masseter
10-14-2004, 07:40 AM
I don't know a name or number or even stats, but I heard Sweeny has a pretty darn good LB.

Ladykat5
10-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Daniel Hemphill #5 for Kennedale.

g$$
10-14-2004, 12:32 PM
That LB you are referring to is #44 Wendel Davis, a junior on a very mediocre team. But he can play & is being heavily recruited by everyone. Texas is his early favorite to play the WILL backer. He is all over the field, good instincts & can run.

shellman54
10-14-2004, 12:35 PM
BH has a good sophmore, #44 Kyle Cox, has good size, and gets to the ball. their other LB is good too, Ray Nelson.

footballgal
10-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Congratulations to Frankie Herrera; selected as VMS ( Valley Morning Star) Player of the week!

The middle linebacker recorded 10 solo tackles and 3 sacks. Frankie is questionable for this week’s game, as he hurt his shoulder. He is tough as nails, after the injury this past Friday and seeing him what appeared to me, popping his shoulder in place and in visible pain, went back in and got one of those 3 sacks. But that doesn't surprise me as last year, he played almost the entire season with an injured shoulder and eventually got surgery on it in the spring, thus didn't get to play baseball.

Only thing missing for Frankie was a TD on offense. (2-way player)

http://www.valleystar.com/images/uploads/PIherrera011104.jpg

3afan
10-27-2004, 10:19 AM
homer thread ............ ;)

footballgal
10-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
homer thread ............ ;)

You betch ya! :D

cunbed10
10-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Tank Smith is not only a good RB, but lead the CEntex region after 9 games AVG. 14.4 Tackles a game. Marlin Bulldogs 4 Life.

rhs78
10-27-2004, 11:56 AM
#1 JOE COOPER OF RICE IS A VERY GOOD LINEBACKER

Flourhead
10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Casey Harryman of cuero is a potential all-american this year... he averages about 2 sacks per quarter and 15 tackles per game.... he is the ray lewis's white twin

Keith7
10-27-2004, 12:29 PM
This post shows the many types of homerism.. i'll show you how.. They type of Homer is the name listed below the quote

Originally posted by Ibleedblue
who has been the best line backer this year? right now my hats are off to Frakie Herrera for PI leading the " seawall defense with 59 solo tackles in six games. who's the best LB this year and what are his stats

Homer Leader

----------

Originally posted by footballgal
Congratulations to Frankie Herrera; selected as VMS ( Valley Morning Star) Player of the week!

The middle linebacker recorded 10 solo tackles and 3 sacks. Frankie is questionable for this week’s game, as he hurt his shoulder. He is tough as nails, after the injury this past Friday and seeing him what appeared to me, popping his shoulder in place and in visible pain, went back in and got one of those 3 sacks. But that doesn't surprise me as last year, he played almost the entire season with an injured shoulder and eventually got surgery on it in the spring, thus didn't get to play baseball.

Only thing missing for Frankie was a TD on offense. (2-way player)

http://www.valleystar.com/images/uploads/PIherrera011104.jpg

Homer Follower

----------

Originally posted by Ladykat5
Daniel Hemphill #5 for Kennedale.

Quiet Homer

----------

Originally posted by shellman54
BH has a good sophmore, #44 Kyle Cox, has good size, and gets to the ball. their other LB is good too, Ray Nelson.

Modest Homer

----------

Originally posted by Flourhead
Casey Harryman of cuero is a potential all-american this year... he averages about 2 sacks per quarter and 15 tackles per game.... he is the ray lewis's white twin

Funny Homer

----------

Originally posted by rhs78
#1 JOE COOPER OF RICE IS A VERY GOOD LINEBACKER

Yelling Homer

----------

Originally posted by cunbed10
Tank Smith is not only a good RB, but lead the CEntex region after 9 games AVG. 14.4 Tackles a game. Marlin Bulldogs 4 Life.

Both Sides of the Ball Homer

big daddy russ
10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=homer+simpson/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=11ju8pdu2/*-http%3A//index.hu/cikkepek/0306/bulvar/homer.jpg
Here's another one, Keith.

Tidal Wave
10-27-2004, 12:40 PM
LOL @ Big Daddy Russ..good one

footballgal
10-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Let's hear it for the Homers!! :D

Hip Hip Horray! http://www.rgvsports.com/ubb/graemlins/dance2.gifHip Hip Horray!
http://www.rgvsports.com/ubb/graemlins/dance2.gif :clap:

3afan
10-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead

OK - "about 2 sacks per quarter", thats 8 sacks per game ... so he has 64 sacks so far this season?

uh huh - right ..................

Flourhead
10-27-2004, 06:55 PM
that was just his best game of the season... he has like 9 sacks or something

Ranger05
10-27-2004, 07:06 PM
blake higgins for greenwood has had a good season so far i can get some stats for yall tomorrow when they come out in the paper. Blake is a big middle linebacker hes 6'3 230 and runs a 4.5 40

DFHM
10-27-2004, 07:55 PM
no, i only got 2 sacks last game flour :p 3 or 4 on the year but i have no clue how many tackles

creditcard
10-27-2004, 07:55 PM
honestly i would have to go with ray lewis.......he is the best lb in high school......there is no doubt in my mind his team will win state....

flourface
10-27-2004, 08:25 PM
i agree with you 100% creditcard

jv_player6
10-27-2004, 09:28 PM
wimberley has a really good Lb #52 jake biddle leads the team in solo tackels and has a great eye for finding the ball and with over 100 tackles in 8 games thats pretty good for a jr.

"CODE RED"

you can only be as good as your last game

COACHCOACH
10-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm sure Frankie H. is a decent athlete at linebacker and plays good hard football. But best linebacker in state.........I don't think so. I did see that he was the RGV best defensive player and all his stats but you have to take into consideration the opponents he is accomplishing this against. He's not playing Cuero or Southlake thats for sure. He's just an above average player in a below average football area.

Chupacabra
10-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
blake higgins for greenwood has had a good season so far i can get some stats for yall tomorrow when they come out in the paper. Blake is a big middle linebacker hes 6'3 230 and runs a 4.5 40

Inflated Stats Homer

rhino33
10-29-2004, 10:48 AM
i think our line backer peter persing had 68 or something like that, and that was just before the decatur game( he didnt play that game or against lake worth due to injury)

big daddy russ
10-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
He's not on any recruiting lists, but I found these guys in Dave Campbell's...

Frank Williams, Sr. Daingerfield... 6'3" 225, 4.5
Wendell Davis, Jr. Sweeny... 6'1" 210, 4.6

Those are the guys that all the colleges were looking at coming into the season. I don't have any info on them, but those times are usually taken from camps and can usually be pretty well trusted. If you weight 200 lbs. and you can legitimately run a 4.7, you're a hoss. Williams is as tall as a college swingman and weighs 225 lbs... and still has track star speed. Damn.

footballgal
10-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by COACHCOACH
I'm sure Frankie H. is a decent athlete at linebacker and plays good hard football. But best linebacker in state.........I don't think so. I did see that he was the RGV best defensive player and all his stats but you have to take into consideration the opponents he is accomplishing this against. He's not playing Cuero or Southlake thats for sure. He's just an above average player in a below average football area.

So how do you explain him doing well also, even deep in the playoffs?? And I am not saying he is the best in the state, but a very good one and ONE of the best in the state. Kinda of reminds me of Dat Nguyen, from the Cowboys (got to see him in high school too, Rockport-Fulton.) His tenacity, drive, dedication and love for the game and how he is the QB for the Defense, for their teams.

bird07
10-29-2004, 12:31 PM
OURS IS RICHIE WAGNER HES ONLY ABOUT 5 FT TALL BUT HES THE BEST FOR US. AND HE CAN HIT HARD....

g$$
10-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Davis is the real deal on a very poor football team in Sweeny. Coaching changes are on the way there after the season but that is another matter. He is a good kid too from what I am told. Texas is the early leader but who knows as he is just a junior. Sideline to sideline kid with great athleticism, gets off blocks well, & still somewhat raw. Bright future & definitely a big timer.

neck_06
10-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Davis is the real deal on a very poor football team in Sweeny. Coaching changes are on the way there after the season but that is another matter. He is a good kid too from what I am told. Texas is the early leader but who knows as he is just a junior. Sideline to sideline kid with great athleticism, gets off blocks well, & still somewhat raw. Bright future & definitely a big timer.

dude, get off sweeny's n*ts, first you are bragging on the "ace" pitcher in baseball, now its a linebacker in football, since you know so much, which sweeny basketball player is gonna be the next Micheal Jordan?

G.A.T.A 2008
11-01-2004, 11:13 PM
I WOULD SAY JOE COOER#1 FROM RICE CONSOLIDATED. HE HAS SPEED AND IF YOU COME TOWARDS HIM YOU WILL FEEL IT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

g$$
11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Davis is a blue chipper on everyone's list & one of the top juniors in the state. Watch where he goes after next year. Do your research & broaden your horizons out of WC. Read & talk to scouts. I'm not on anyone's nuts, but you are an idiot. That has been proven everytime you post. I am in the business & you are some student living in that hole. You are not worth the time. Sweeny had many D1 kids sign in basketball in the late 80s - Benford Williams (All American), Avery Helms, Nick Bess, Donald Lemon, Bennett Fields, etc. They won 3 state titles in 4 years. They are down now for sure. Do us a favor - shut the hell up. That would be a good move since your sports knowledge blows. Then prepare your concession speech after Cuero kicks you in the teeth. You are done.

TxnSkudStud08
11-08-2004, 07:15 PM
I think by far Jacob Biddle and Tom Harwell for the "code red" deffense of Wimberley. They are both real good at finding the ball and staying with their tackles. Biddle is rancked high in the stats with his solo tackles and Harwell is right behind him. They shut down the 3 impressive backs for Liberty Hill.

Raider Nurse
11-08-2004, 08:07 PM
#1 Joe Cooper from Rice Consolidated!

big daddy russ
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by G.A.T.A 2008
I WOULD SAY JOE COOER#1 FROM RICE CONSOLIDATED. HE HAS SPEED AND IF YOU COME TOWARDS HIM YOU WILL FEEL IT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
No, I don't know what you mean. Please explain.