PDA

View Full Version : football anyone??

duckbutter
08-08-2002, 11:29 AM
Are there any other teams besides Port Isabel and Sinton playing this yr?

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 11:46 AM
You know I had to step up to the plate on this one, Duckbutter. Jasper and Newton...71 days and counting. I wish it was tomorrow.

eye of the tiger
08-08-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm just pacing myself. Commerce doesnt play zero week so I dont want to peak too soon. LOL. But I dont think it will be long before this board gets really active. You have to admire all the Sinton and PI guys and gals. They are good fans and ready to go. Hope TD, (tropical depression not touch down) Bertha, doesnt rain out practice for you guys. And I really think I am going to have to try a tortilla burger. Good luck to all and we are getting close.

duckbutter
08-08-2002, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't expect anything different bulldog. Early word from our coaches is that we will be "OK". LOL!!!

'

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Someone should make a video game for high school football so that we can play these games out instead of waiting. Maybe someone will come to their senses down there in Texas and do something like that. It shouldn't be impossible and I know it's not nearly the same, but it would ease the waiting and give us something to do in the offseason. As for Newton and Jasper, I hope both teams are at full strength all season and that it'll be a classic on 10/18. We play PNG on 8/30 and hopefully someone will webcast the game.

EvermanDawg88
08-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Look out for Everman and Kennedale Sept. 27 as well as Everman and Crowley the week before that.

Reveille
08-08-2002, 04:16 PM
Duckbutter, you better hope it rains during the Jasper/Newton game. LOL

sinfan75
08-08-2002, 06:43 PM
TD Bertha keeps headin south.We've gone from 2-4 inches of rain tonight to an inch or less.Maybe P-I will get all the rain.

duckbutter
08-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Reveille I think you guys had better start praying for rain this yr......gonna be a WAR

footballgal
08-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
TD Bertha keeps headin south.We've gone from 2-4 inches of rain tonight to an inch or less.Maybe P-I will get all the rain.

Here in La Feria, not even a drop of rain, but we are hoping for some it's been so dry! The grass in the fields really need it.

sinton66
08-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Careful what you wish for footballgal, you might get more than you want. The section of IH10 from Loop 610 to downtown Houston went under 10 ft of water last year. TV had shots of 18 wheelers submerged over the cabs. I know yall don't need it that bad. All from some little tropical "depression".

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-09-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:

Lets hope so, the Rio Grande Valley area as a whole needs it!

Big Tarp 74
08-13-2002, 05:42 PM
I have already started the season with madden 2001 on the Playstation 2. It great, I setup district 32-AAA. I have a record of 8-0-0. This is great, setup Port Isabel using the rams, playes, and all the other with lossing seasons. Ha! Ha!. It fun while wating for the season. It's got a great view of the game. Little milk, few cookies, and aircondition and we are set.

Originally posted by Bulldog92:
Someone should make a video game for high school football so that we can play these games out instead of waiting. Maybe someone will come to their senses down there in Texas and do something like that. It shouldn't be impossible and I know it's not nearly the same, but it would ease the waiting and give us something to do in the offseason. As for Newton and Jasper, I hope both teams are at full strength all season and that it'll be a classic on 10/18. We play PNG on 8/30 and hopefully someone will webcast the game.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited August 13, 2002).]

Bulldog92
08-13-2002, 05:48 PM
Right on, Tarp. You know that wasn't what I meant, but you get thumbs up for creativity.

Big Tarp 74
08-13-2002, 06:07 PM
Yea, that what my kids said. My younger son, was shocked to see the Tarpon team. He has created several new teams of his own. It lots of fun. Just gotta, pass the time till the season get started.

Originally posted by Bulldog92:
Right on, Tarp. You know that wasn't what I meant, but you get thumbs up for creativity.