PDA

View Full Version : most underrated team

Ktulu345
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Who do y'all think are some of the most underrated teams in 3A?

I think Breckenridge is underrated. I don't think they are even in the top 2 teams in the district, but they might pull off a 3rd place and make an appearance in the playoffs. They had several sophomores that started last year, so that might be one reason for their success this year.

(Iowa Park is gaining respect, but still deserves more.)

sirhc11
10-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't think that Breckenridge is underrated simply because althought we lost to them 13-12 they simply did not look very good. Not to mention we had 6 turnovers. If we would have even played an average game we would've beaten them.

Gobbla2001
10-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Hallettsville is pretty good...

PPHSfan
10-12-2004, 09:55 PM
The most Underated Team in 3A is Gainesville :p

Ktulu345
10-12-2004, 10:00 PM
I think another thing with Breckenridge is they really play at the level of the teams they play. They make every game a close game, even when it shouldn't be. I'm sure y'all had a bad game and they played at the same level, and barley squeaked by. Whent they played us (IP) they lost 16-0, and I think shocked all of us. Granted, the score could've been a lot worse if the offense would've converted near the goal line, but overall they played well that particular game.

Keith7
10-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The most Underated Team in 3A is Gainesville :p

hmmm :thinking:

what is the catch???

Ktulu345
10-13-2004, 07:20 PM
I think that Gainesville is almost overrated. Everyone talks about them being defending state champs, but they haven't shown me much this year. IP handled them easily 27-3, allowing 0 points in the last 45 minutes. I know Purvey was out due to grades, but none the less they weren't impressive. Even the game films we watched didn't show a lot. I'm definitely not mouthing Gainesville, they are a good team and show be respected, but I wouldn't say underrated.

BALLER69
10-13-2004, 07:39 PM
PP is under rated they will beat gainesville.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 08:39 PM
i'm still sticking by Zapata being the most underated team in 3A ball.

Keith7
10-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
I think that Gainesville is almost overrated. Everyone talks about them being defending state champs, but they haven't shown me much this year. IP handled them easily 27-3, allowing 0 points in the last 45 minutes. I know Purvey was out due to grades, but none the less they weren't impressive. Even the game films we watched didn't show a lot. I'm definitely not mouthing Gainesville, they are a good team and show be respected, but I wouldn't say underrated.

you return 2-1 starters and see how it effects your team..

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Zapata definetly underated even more than Port Isabel. Either one of those teams can compete with top 10 teams in the state.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Zapata definetly underated even more than Port Isabel. Either one of those teams can compete with top 10 teams in the state. yeah.....i'm really excited about the way things are shaping up.....Sinton stands to play some exciting ones once they make the playoffs....Zapata, Cuero again....either game vs Sinton, i'd LOVE to see...that'd be some great football. i remember watching Sinton play Everman a few years ago for the title..and MAN was that exciting football.....i still think Sinton had the better team all around......the rain kinda turned the table for Everman i think. not taking anything away from Everman...but Sinton should have won that game.

VWG
10-13-2004, 09:19 PM
There are a couple of teams over in East Texas that are still flying under the radar....and I think one of them was either Canton or Van. Can't remember.
I think Canyon is being overlooked. Putting together a nice run up in the Panhandle.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 09:22 PM
i wish Sinton wasnt in our district...or i'd say Ingleside ;)

Ktulu345
10-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Like I said, when I was talking about Gainesville, I was only going off of the IP game. I know they were missing a few starters, but so were we. (granted we weren't missing a "Purvey") We were, however, missing both of our outside recievers on gun, and one of our running backs had a bum ankle. One of the missing recievers is #87, 6' - 200, would help our running game even moreso than passing. Again, we weren't missing a "Purvey", but we still had starters gone. When I see Gainseville play at full strength, maybe they can change my mind, but until then all I can say is Gainesville isn't underrated.

Keith7
10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
Like I said, when I was talking about Gainesville, I was only going off of the IP game. I know they were missing a few starters, but so were we. (granted we weren't missing a "Purvey") We were, however, missing both of our outside recievers on gun, and one of our running backs had a bum ankle. One of the missing recievers is #87, 6' - 200, would help our running game even moreso than passing. Again, we weren't missing a "Purvey", but we still had starters gone. When I see Gainseville play at full strength, maybe they can change my mind, but until then all I can say is Gainesville isn't underrated.

u dont get what i was saying i dont think..

gainesville isnt the same team as last year.. they only returned 1 starter on offense and 2 on defense.. u guys were playing a whole different team then last year especially since purvey was gone... i'm not taking anything away from iowa park, they proly woulda won if we had purvey...

but what i'm trying to get across is that You guys weren't playing last years state champions

District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Ingleside