PDA

View Full Version : what are yalls D1 and D2 state championship picks?

creditcard
10-12-2004, 07:38 PM
i was just wondering what yalls picks were....i think in D1 Zapata will take the state title and in D2 im leaning towards yoakum

marlin fan
10-12-2004, 07:40 PM
hmm its hard for me to say but i hope the dogs get lucky enough to go back to state!!!!

Flourhead
10-12-2004, 07:40 PM
iowa park and cuero will play for it in D1... i have no idea who will win

D2 will be jasper... unless trey jones can keep the ints to a minimum... if he does then wharton will take it

PPHSfan
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
i was just wondering what yalls picks were....i think in D1 Zapata will take the state title and in D2 im leaning towards yoakum :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Flourhead
10-12-2004, 07:47 PM
you know what... i think this is hallettsville's year...

Ktulu345
10-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
iowa park and cuero will play for it in D1... i have no idea who will win

D2 will be jasper... unless trey jones can keep the ints to a minimum... if he does then wharton will take it

Iowa Park will most likely be D2, unless a freak accident of sorts happens.

JettJenkins04
10-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Rice can run away with this one real easy. If a Raider team stays injury free, then the skies the limits for the Raiders.:D How you like that perdiction.:D

Chris Hart
10-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Decatur Div I
Jasper or Liberty Hill in Div II

Flourhead
10-12-2004, 08:27 PM
i think cuero will win both divisions

DawgFan91
10-12-2004, 09:39 PM
WO-S or Decatur in D1...

Jasper or Gilmer in D2...unless Gladewater doesn't make the playoffs and then I say it will be quite a struggle between Decatur and Gilmer before the final...

PPHSfan
10-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I am not going to spoil it for everyone by telling you who is going to win but I will give you a hint.

One of the winners will be from Region 1, and the other will be from Region 2.

Flourhead
10-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I am not going to spoil it for everyone by telling you who is going to win but I will give you a hint.

One of the winners will be from Region 1, and the other will be from Region 2.

ah ha... i caught u

wharton and cuero are in region IV.... not I or II

setex
10-12-2004, 09:48 PM
WOS in D1

PPHSfan
10-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
ah ha... i caught u

wharton and cuero are in region IV.... not I or II

Hide and Watch.:D

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Bring this topic back up in another 6-7 weeks - I'll be happy to answer then. :)

X Man
10-13-2004, 12:27 AM
This is biased, but my feelings are true.

WOS in Div 1
Jasper in Div 2

Decatur2004
10-13-2004, 10:24 AM
DEcatur Div 1
Bridgeport Div 2 ;)

southern_thunder
10-13-2004, 10:28 AM
D-1 WOS
D-2 Jasper

Decatur2004
10-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Who has WOS lost to? Who has jasper lost to?

southern_thunder
10-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Jasper lost to PN-G

WOS lost to Jasper, Bay City, and Nederland.

3rdone
10-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Jasper lost to PN-G

WOS lost to Jasper, Bay City, and Nederland.

WOS lost to Jasper, Bay City, not Nederland

Strength of schedule has got to count for something?????????

Jody
10-13-2004, 12:04 PM
I don't see WOS in it at all.....just an opinion.

Being beaten by Bay City does not show me a lot of future potential, as Bay City is just not what they were last year and have been beaten by some other lesser teams.

Jasper maybe, but I don't think they can beat 3 or 4 of the teams curretly on Mathew328's weekly picks.

Liberty Hill, Decature, Cuero, Barbers Hill, Gilmer and a few others have potential if they stay healthy and protect the ball.

southern_thunder
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 3rdone
WOS lost to Jasper, Bay City, not Nederland

Strength of schedule has got to count for something?????????

My mistake, sorry. It was a close game though and Nederland is tough.

Pigskin 2004
10-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Bay City beaten by some lesser opponents???? You must be talking about Bridge City. Bay City has lost one game and it was last week. They gave up like 40 points against Foster last week, but before then their defense was an immovable object. They had to have had some injuries or lost some to grades because the team I saw play and handily beat LaMarque, would not give up 40 to any team in the state!! They are also still # 9 in 4A. But Jody, I know you very biased against WO-S and jealous as well, so I will let you slide. It will all play out in the end. Not saying WO-S will win it all, but bh will not get out of Region III in the playoffs.

Macarthur
10-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
Iowa Park will most likely be D2, unless a freak accident of sorts happens.

That's true. Unless Graham is completely out, they will be D1. Graham is the largest school in that district.

I'm happy to see IP getting some love. I certainly didn't think at the beginning of the year they were finals material, but they seem to be getting better and better each week. They are a versitile team that can play some power football, as well as spread things out and throw it around. Their defense is better than originally thought. One thing is for sure, when you get into the playoffs, you never know what can happen.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 02:07 PM
some schools i think will be in the mix: Cuero, Zapata, Sinton, Jasper......

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
Rice can run away with this one real easy. If a Raider team stays injury free, then the skies the limits for the Raiders.:D How you like that perdiction.:D Well, I'll give you an A for confidence, but a D for political correctness.:D :D

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 02:16 PM
DI - WOS or Decatur
DII - Jasper or Cuero - If Cuero goes DI, then I'll put Sinton in there just out of respect for their program...plus I think they've got a heck of a team.

creditcard
10-13-2004, 02:24 PM
right now unless gonzales beats yoakum this friday cuero is d1 forsure unless something crazy happens

RBARKER
10-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Pigskin 2004
Bay City beaten by some lesser opponents???? You must be talking about Bridge City. Bay City has lost one game and it was last week. They gave up like 40 points against Foster last week, but before then their defense was an immovable object. They had to have had some injuries or lost some to grades because the team I saw play and handily beat LaMarque, would not give up 40 to any team in the state!! They are also still # 9 in 4A. But Jody, I know you very biased against WO-S and jealous as well, so I will let you slide. It will all play out in the end. Not saying WO-S will win it all, but bh will not get out of Region III in the playoffs.

I know you WOS folks like to paint for everyone that BayCity is some super team, but the fact is the only team they have dominated is Rosenber Lamar in 4A. The only 4A team that they have played that is currently ranked is La Marque. Looking at there schedule BC could just as well be 3-3. WOS lost by 17. if it makes you feel better to toute BC thats fine but looking at the scores Bay City is a little above average in 4A. And your crack about BH not getting out of region III may hold true. Region III is loaded, I don't think anyone can claim they will get out of Region III at this point.

BC Vs. La Marque Won 20-9
BC Vs. Beamont Ozen Won 20-13
BC Vs WOS Won 17-0
BC Vs. Rosenberg Lamar Won 44-21
BC Vs. El Campo Won 21-17
BC Vs. Richmond foster Lost 40-36

RBARKER
10-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Sure is quite. Does this mean I won:clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
right now unless gonzales beats yoakum this friday cuero is d1 forsure unless something crazy happens

Go, Yoakum! :D

Bulldog_12
10-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Is it quite or quiet? Must be that Barbers Hill education.:D

Ibleedblue
10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Bring this topic back up in another 6-7 weeks - I'll be happy to answer then. :)

true, it's way to early to start picking champions. there is injuries and other little things that cause teams to not even make it to the playoffs. ask this question when the post- season come around. all i can say rigt now is go region 4 teams( especially port isabel).:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Gobbla2001
10-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Go, Yoakum! :D

Go Llano!!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Go Llano!!!! :D :p

RBARKER
10-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Is it quite or quiet? Must be that Barbers Hill education.:D

The education is fine. BH tried I just didn't listen:D

Pigskin 2004
10-14-2004, 08:13 AM
You didn't win rbarker, I just don't live on here. I have better things to do!!! I think I won because not a peep from Jody, has to get someone to back him up. You do not have to score 60 points a game to be good. Ever heard the saying defense wins championships!!! BC's offense was sputtering early but they were doing what it takes to win. Now for whatever reason, it appears they defense is sputtering and the offense is getting it going. If they put the 2 together, watch out!! It will not make me feel any better if you believe me or not, I know how good they were at the beginning of the year. They will still make a run in 4A. The Bay City - WO-S game was closer than the score indicated anyway!! And another thing, we do not have to make anyone that beat us look great to make us feel better. The preseason games are to get you ready. Our 2 losses were in preseason and now we are ready!!

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Jody

Being beaten by Bay City does not show me a lot of future potential, as Bay City is just not what they were last year and have been beaten by some other lesser teams.

Jasper maybe, but I don't think they can beat 3 or 4 of the teams curretly on Mathew328's weekly picks.

Liberty Hill, Decature, Cuero, Barbers Hill, Gilmer and a few others have potential if they stay healthy and protect the ball.

OH Please tell me who the 3 or 4 teams on Matts weekly picks that Jasper can't beat. You are such a nonhomer I can't wait to hear your wisdom.

RBARKER
10-14-2004, 08:27 AM
You didn't win rbarker, I just don't live on here. I have better things to do!!! I think I won because not a peep from Jody, has to get someone to back him up. You do not have to score 60 points a game to be good. Ever heard the saying defense wins championships!!! BC's offense was sputtering early but they were doing what it takes to win. Now for whatever reason, it appears they defense is sputtering and the offense is getting it going. If they put the 2 together, watch out!! It will not make me feel any better if you believe me or not, I know how good they were at the beginning of the year. They will still make a run in 4A. The Bay City - WO-S game was closer than the score indicated anyway!! And another thing, we do not have to make anyone that beat us look great to make us feel better. The preseason games are to get you ready. Our 2 losses were in preseason and now we are ready!!

I still think I won :D Pigskin just messing with you ,everyone knows that WOS has a good team. I just don't think their is an elite team this year there are so many good teams in the state and the playoffs will determine who is the best.

Hupernikomen
10-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
I know you WOS folks like to paint for everyone that BayCity is some super team, but the fact is the only team they have dominated is Rosenber Lamar in 4A. The only 4A team that they have played that is currently ranked is La Marque. Looking at there schedule BC could just as well be 3-3. WOS lost by 17. if it makes you feel better to toute BC thats fine but looking at the scores Bay City is a little above average in 4A. And your crack about BH not getting out of region III may hold true. Region III is loaded, I don't think anyone can claim they will get out of Region III at this point.

BC Vs. La Marque Won 20-9
BC Vs. Beamont Ozen Won 20-13
BC Vs WOS Won 17-0
BC Vs. Rosenberg Lamar Won 44-21
BC Vs. El Campo Won 21-17
BC Vs. Richmond foster Lost 40-36

My gosh La Marque, Ozen, El Campo, and WO-S would beat the majority of teams in 4A by very large numbers...how can beating them be considered a little above average??

Last year La Marque State Champs
El Campo lost to La Marque in the Reg. III finals

Bay City would stomp a hole in 90% of teams in 4A any year with this year being no exception. They are way above average. Might be a bit below average for them but that is still good enough to be top 10 team.

Titans
10-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Decatur
Liberty Hill

If they both are in DI - I'd go with Decatur

Wilmer-Hutchins
Gilmer

Both could give you fits

RBARKER
10-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
My gosh La Marque, Ozen, El Campo, and WO-S would beat the majority of teams in 4A by very large numbers...how can beating them be considered a little above average??

Last year La Marque State Champs
El Campo lost to La Marque in the Reg. III finals

Bay City would stomp a hole in 90% of teams in 4A any year with this year being no exception. They are way above average. Might be a bit below average for them but that is still good enough to be top 10 team.

I'm just going by the facts. Ozen, Elcampo and Foster are not even on the radar in any polls Ive seen. Bay City couldn't stomp a mud hole in any of those teams. the only team that they have beat by a large margine is WOS and Rosenberg Lamar and West Columbia beat Lamar 34-21.

Pigskin 2004
10-14-2004, 09:36 AM
It is going to be a great year!! There are a lot of talented teams out there this year, BH included.

WOS92
10-14-2004, 11:31 AM
DI - WO-S
DII - Jasper

Jody
10-14-2004, 03:34 PM
OH Please tell me who the 3 or 4 teams on Matts weekly picks that Jasper can't beat. You are such a nonhomer I can't wait to hear your wisdom.

Ask and Yee shall receive :D

I doubt Japer can beat the following teams:

Liberty Hill
Barbers Hill
Decatur
Gilmer
Iowa Park
Maybe Zapata if they run plays in spanish....LOL

:clap:

AggieBob
10-14-2004, 04:07 PM
DI Decatur

DII Liberty Hill average 50 points and over 500 yards a game...RUSHING!?

WOS92
10-14-2004, 04:47 PM
BH beat Vidor, Anahuac, Dickinson, Diboll, Columbia and Cleveland. Call me when you've played somebody. You rag on Bay City, but your stiffest test has been Diboll, a team that also lost to Hamshire-Fannett. You squeaked past Columbia, who we usually beat by 30 or 40. Dickinson is 2-4. Anahuac has struggled this year, and Vidor is a traditionally-weak team that just won its third game in two years.
BH sounds like a sure-fire state winner to me!
I'm not ragging on BH, but if you're going to doubt WO-S by looking at the competition, you'd better have some big wins to back it up. You don't.

X21AAAPlayer
10-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Sorry Hill fans, but I'll have to agree. Jasper and WOS both are very good teams, one who seems to be almost forgotten about. But I seriously doubt BH can hang with Jasper. If Jasper plays solid football I see them winning state. It seems WOS is in a down year right now, but watch out. They have played a very tough predistrict and will make some noise in the playoffs.

Jody
10-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
BH beat Vidor, Anahuac, Dickinson, Diboll, Columbia and Cleveland. Call me when you've played somebody. You rag on Bay City, but your stiffest test has been Diboll, a team that also lost to Hamshire-Fannett. You squeaked past Columbia, who we usually beat by 30 or 40. Dickinson is 2-4. Anahuac has struggled this year, and Vidor is a traditionally-weak team that just won its third game in two years.
BH sounds like a sure-fire state winner to me!
I'm not ragging on BH, but if you're going to doubt WO-S by looking at the competition, you'd better have some big wins to back it up. You don't.

I got news for you, West Columbia is a better team that Dibol. Dibol, West Columbia, and Anahuac were all ranked teams when we played them, some still are. Whe you get beat, your ranking goes down, unless of course you are WOS. I don't see 2 losses on the BH schedule! Well, let's see how WOS does against Anahuac this Friday. BH beat them 38-0 and held them to something like 50 yards total offense and 1 first down.

All these programs are good ones, but WOS and Jasper to me are over-rated. I guess when the pollsters pick you early they have to stick with them until the wheels fall off.

GUNHO
10-15-2004, 07:54 AM
WO-S and Jasper are the real deal.In no way has BH played the quility teams these two have.They might not win state but over-rated they are not.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Jody, you make me laugh. On the polls they look at who you play as well. When your 2 losses come to the #1 team in 3A and the #1 team in 4A it is hard for you to be moved down in the polls. Columbia and Diboll could not even come close to staying on the field with Jasper and and Bay City. Talk smack after you play somebody!!! Ya'll have not done jack crap!!! A 1 loss season is a great season but when that 1 loss is early in the playoffs because you have not played any stiff competition, it will be very disappointing!!!! The bottom line is ya'll are beating the hell out of all these teams, but when you you finally run into a good team in the playoffs and have a tight game, you will have no experience in that situation!!!

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
I love all of these East Texas Experts on Barbers Hill. DO you even know where BH is at. Last year was last year folks I don’t care if WOS and Japer BEAT every team on our schedule by 40 last year. This is a new year !. BH has played in tight games with Diboll and West Columbia, it is nothing new to the Hill. We can all talk till we are blue in the face; the fact is if you think you are better because you are ranked higher your dead wrong. Polls are incorrect 90% of the time. On the field is where it counts.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 08:44 AM
My judgement is not by the polls!! I could care less about the polls. I have not one time said WO-S would destroy BH. Jody is saying that BH is so much better than WO-S and that they should not be ranked because they have 2 losses. I am just saying that a loss to 2 # 1's should not make you fall out of the top 10 and that you are 6-0 does not make you the best thing in the world. It is a FACT that BH has not played the competition that WO-S has played. If we had ya'lls schedule we would be 6-0 also. That is not saying we are better, just that we are better than the teams ya'll have played.

Jody
10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
My judgement is not by the polls!! I could care less about the polls. I have not one time said WO-S would destroy BH. Jody is saying that BH is so much better than WO-S and that they should not be ranked because they have 2 losses. I am just saying that a loss to 2 # 1's should not make you fall out of the top 10 and that you are 6-0 does not make you the best thing in the world. It is a FACT that BH has not played the competition that WO-S has played. If we had ya'lls schedule we would be 6-0 also. That is not saying we are better, just that we are better than the teams ya'll have played.

"Much better" I never said that. I am not knocking WOS, just think BH would beat them. Sure wished they were on our pre-season schedule to find out. Lot's of speculation here, but make for entertaining discussion.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Very entertaining discussion. I think BH has a good team this year. You are entitled to your opinion as everyone else is. I think WO-S would beat BH in a close one. The bad thing is we will never know as ya'll will be DII and WO-S will be DI. Ya'll killed Anahuac but they are probably a little better now as that was the first game of the year. If we don't beat them handily I will be disappointed. The only other teams we will both play will be Huffman and Jasper in the playoffs but it is hard to compare what 2 teams do against the same team because there are different matchups and sometimes good teams play down to their level of competition. I hope we do not tonight. This is one argument that can go on forever and we will never know the answer!!! HS football is great!!!!!!

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh and RBarker, I do know where BH is. Mont Belveiu, Hwy. 146, am I in the right vacinity? I have passed through there many times.

3rdone
10-15-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm just going by the facts. Ozen, Elcampo and Foster are not even on the radar in any polls Ive seen. Bay City couldn't stomp a mud hole in any of those teams. the only team that they have beat by a large margine is WOS and Rosenberg Lamar and West Columbia beat Lamar 34-21.

WHAT IS YOUR DEAL WITH WOS??????????????? JEEZ!!!!! 17-0 IS A LARGE MARGIN. No wonder you think BH is so good. WOS held Bay City so much that they only crossed the 50 yr line once in the 1st half... BH is capable of that?

BH beat Anahuac 38-0 in the opening game of the season. Teams do improve, you are aware of that much right? They proved it by beating Newton. WOS will win tonight although it may be closer than some think...doesn't mean that WOS wouldn't stomp a hole in BH though. Each game is different.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 09:36 AM
And if it makes you feel any better, the Orange Leader's area rankings look like this:

CLASS 3A-2A

1.JASPER(4) 28
2.BARBERS HILL 23
3.WO-S 21
4.SILSBEE 15
5.NEWTON 10
6.E.CHAMBERS 9
7.BRIDGE CITY 4
Also receiving points: ANAHUAC 2

3rdone
10-15-2004, 09:46 AM

who are you? Better yet how old are you?

DawgFan91
10-15-2004, 10:04 AM
All these programs are good ones, but WOS and Jasper to me are over-rated. I guess when the pollsters pick you early they have to stick with them until the wheels fall off.

You need to do some research before you speak. You probably haven't seen anybody but Barbers Hill and the teams they have played this year. Who cares what they did week one vs. Anahuac. Jasper returned the bulk of a state semi-finalist. Of course they are ranked high. WO-S would've been ranked top 10 4A had they stayed. They lost to Jasper and Bay City. The fact that they are still top 10 with 2 losses should tell you they are stout. Over-rated?? I don't think so. We'll see if you are still around when these two teams are playing football in late November and your team's at home eating Turkey and getting ready to lace up the gym shoes. Jasper may not win state, but I promise you that the fans on this site will still be around if we don't...

By the way, did you ever tell us all those other teams that Bay City lost to this year. I could only find one.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
well said DawgFan91

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 3rdone
WHAT IS YOUR DEAL WITH WOS??????????????? JEEZ!!!!! 17-0 IS A LARGE MARGIN. No wonder you think BH is so good. WOS held Bay City so much that they only crossed the 50 yr line once in the 1st half... BH is capable of that?

BH beat Anahuac 38-0 in the opening game of the season. Teams do improve, you are aware of that much right? They proved it by beating Newton. WOS will win tonight although it may be closer than some think...doesn't mean that WOS wouldn't stomp a hole in BH though. Each game is different.

Settle Down 3rdone I don't have a deal with WOS or Jasper. Just trying to have some conversation and show that WOS or Jasper is not going to walk through Region three much less state un touched.

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 10:44 AM
And if it makes you feel any better, the Orange Leader's area rankings look like this:

CLASS 3A-2A

1.JASPER(4) 28
2.BARBERS HILL 23
3.WO-S 21
4.SILSBEE 15
5.NEWTON 10
6.E.CHAMBERS 9
7.BRIDGE CITY 4

AHHHHHHHHHH yes much better:D :clap:

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Oh and some made a comment about schedule strength Her is what I found.

1.) Jaspers Opponents Records 34-24
2.) WOS Opponents Records 31-29
3.) Barbers Hills Opponents records 27-31

So all three teams are not to far apart, with Jasper having the toughest schedule.

Pigskin 2004
10-15-2004, 11:29 AM
JASPER--------------WO-S---------------------BH

WO-S----------------Jasper-------------------Anahuac
PNG----------------Nederland----------------Vidor
Central-------------Bay City---------------Dickinson
Newton------------Central-------------------Diboll
BC------------------Newton-------------West Columbia

PLEASE!!!!!!!! The toughest schedule by far is WO-S

Let's match up the toughest opponents.

PNG----------------------Bay City---------------West Columbia
WO-S-----------------------Jasper---------------------Diboll
Newton-----------------Nederland-----------------Anahuac
Bridge City-------------Newton (rain out)-------Dickinson
Central-------------------Central----------------------Vidor

Who would you rather play?
Bay City or West Columbia
Jasper or Diboll
Nederland or Anahuac
Newton or Dickinson

Tell the truth now!!!!!

Jody
10-15-2004, 12:58 PM

CLASS 3A-2A

1.JASPER(4) 28
2.BARBERS HILL 23
3.WO-S 21
4.SILSBEE 15
5.NEWTON 10
6.E.CHAMBERS 9
7.BRIDGE CITY 4

Well at least one sport's writer is not completely nuts.....LOL Woops...never mind. Bridge City 7? Please tell me there are only 7 teams in this poll.

BlueBlood
10-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Dickinson would beat Newton.

Jody
10-15-2004, 01:01 PM

Jasper or Diboll
Nederland or Anahuac
Newton or Dickinson

Tell the truth now!!!!!

When a win is a win, does it really matter? All I can say is it is a good thing it rained....LOL Sure would be a shame to be 3 games down....hahahaha

Just kidding. By the way, what is so special about the WOS schedule. Those arn't special teams in my book, with the exception of Japser. Don't tell the dawgs I said that now.

Jody
10-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood

I completely agree, as would Dibol, as would West Columbia, as did Anahuac.

big daddy russ
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Well that's one out of six.:rolleyes:

PI-fan
10-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Ask and Yee shall receive :D

I doubt Japer can beat the following teams:

Maybe Zapata if they run plays in spanish....LOL

:clap:

Can you elaborate more on your theory of running plays in spanish? :thinking:

WOS92
10-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Jody - That's because you clearly know little about 4A football. I'd be offended if I thought you had any idea what goes on outside of 3a and BH.

BTW... Nederland beat Jasper in a scrimmage pretty handily. It was ugly.

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 02:04 PM

Jasper or Diboll
Nederland or Anahuac
Newton or Dickinson

Tell the truth now!!!!!

I tell you I think everyone on our schedule could beat Newton, Central & BC with maybe the excepton of Anahuac Vs. BC. I fiHad to rank all of these teams on all three schedules exculding WOS and Jasper it would be as follows.

1.) Bay City
2.) PNG
3.) West Columbia
4.) Nederland
5.)Diboll
6.) Dickenson
7.) Vidor
8.) Anahuac
9.)Newton
10.) Bridge City
11.) Central

Hupernikomen
10-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Well at least one sport's writer is not completely nuts.....LOL Woops...never mind. Bridge City 7? Please tell me there are only 7 teams in this poll.

No eight with anahuac receiving 2 votes. I don't have a problem with someone ranking BH over WO-S. I have seen both play and it would be a tight game. Probably under 20 points for both. Personally, I think the coaching of WO-S would beat the discipline of BH. One thing is for sure BH wouldn't muscle WO-S around like they have some people this year.

RBARKER
10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
No eight with anahuac receiving 2 votes. I don't have a problem with someone ranking BH over WO-S. I have seen both play and it would be a tight game. Probably under 20 points for both. Personally, I think the coaching of WO-S would beat the discipline of BH. One thing is for sure BH wouldn't muscle WO-S around like they have some people this year.

Your right about that the WOS coaching staff is amazing they would definitly give our coaches fits during a game.

Jody
10-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Your right about that the WOS coaching staff is amazing they would definitly give our coaches fits during a game.

RBARKER,

We had to do something with our rejects.

JHS_c/o_06'
10-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Jody - That's because you clearly know little about 4A football. I'd be offended if I thought you had any idea what goes on outside of 3a and BH.

BTW... Nederland beat Jasper in a scrimmage pretty handily. It was ugly.

The "scrimmage" (emphasis on the word scrimmage) was a scripted game. Meaning that the plays we're called from a script. So we didn't call play formations or plays or coverages after looking at what we were lining up against. And by no means am I trying to take away from the Nederland program. I'm just saying that if we played them now in whatever week we're in, it would be a differnt ball game. But thats not going to happen so.....

And to the person from BH who asked if we know where BH is, i know where it's at. Me and Bulldog_12 have been there a few times before.

And as the weeks go on and district play starts to end and playoffs roll around. Like every year, Jasper will step it up a few notches...like....between 5-7. And if we can keep every body healthy and play good ball we have the 5 D's and what it takes to win the state championship.