PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody watch

onfirebball05mustang
10-12-2004, 02:08 PM
the show about the Midland Odessa rivalry last night? Pretty fascinating stuff, that is if you know the history behind the rivalry. Manor and Elgin are still trying to figure out our "dislike" for one another....

Man....we got issues

What other big rivalries are there?

southern_thunder
10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
The Jasper-Kirbyville game has turned into a pretty good grudge match dont think it has been going on long enough to really call it a rivalry yet though.

big daddy russ
10-12-2004, 02:22 PM
From the South...
Ingleside-Aransas Pass and (a little further back) Sinton-Taft...

Bulldog_12
10-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Jasper has a pretty long running rivalry with Silsbee and then even a little one with WOS. And I don't know if any of you have heard of the 15 mile rivalry between Jasper and Newton.

Phantom Stang
10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Sweetwater-Snyder out in West Texas

j_dog
10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Jasper has a pretty long running rivalry with Silsbee and then even a little one with WOS. And I don't know if any of you have heard of the 15 mile rivalry between Jasper and Newton.
Jasper/Silsbee has to be one of the longest running continuous rivalries in Texas. If someone knows the exact dates please elaborate. I think they have played EVERY year for some 60 to 70 years. (not that I have been around for that long. I just read that somewhere! :D ) As for Newton and Kirbyville, those are RENEWED rivalries from decades ago. :)