PDA

View Full Version : Needville Vs Sweeny in Sweeny

4x100jackets
10-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Any Predictions on this Rivalry ?????????

FbCoachB40
10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Needville, I don't know why but I have a feeling they upset Sweeny.

raider red 2000
10-12-2004, 10:19 AM
would needville over sweeny really be an upset?
i think that although needville dint look to good the other night they will be fine against sweeny. i hope that the jays are able to bounce back...i think that thcoaches will be able to keep the kids spirits up and beat the bulldogs.

g$$
10-13-2004, 02:37 AM
If it was the Sweeny program of old, then yes it would be a huge upset. But Sweeny is down with offseason changes to come I hear. Plus they lost their qb Blake Williams the 1st game I believe vs. Rice to a broken collarbone. That kid can go, so losing him was huge. Look out for him in baseball after what he did last year as a soph, will be highly recruited next year as a Pitcher / Infielder. Sweeny has some skill kids but is lacking on both lines. I still take Sweeny based on more athletes this week. Sweeny was hell in all sports in the 80s & thru the mid 90s. Things have changed evidently. They will be back soon as that town expects to win. Count on it.

scrub c
10-13-2004, 07:28 AM
that well has run dry.
just as it has in columbus.

Blame the coaches all you want but the FACT is, sweeny can bring in or bring back whoever they want, it will not make a difference.

the fact of the matter is -- you cant make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

FbCoachB40
10-13-2004, 09:29 AM
What off-season changes are you talking about?

pancho villa
10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Needville has nice uniforms.

Necked
10-13-2004, 09:20 PM
I hope its not Treybig g$$...I've met him & he seems like he has been good for the community on the whole. He's got my respect & I wouldn't blame him too much for Sweenys misfortunes, as his team has been rolled by injuries the last few years. He was pretty much forced to play Tramicha this year, and he's just not ready yet to lead the team. There's nothing wrong with their defense though, so they should beat Needville if they can put a couple of TD's on the board.........

neck_06
10-13-2004, 10:55 PM
I've heard from some of the sweeny weenies this week, and they say that Blake (qb) is gonna play this week. even with him, he is gonna be rusty.

Needville 28
Sweeny 13

Gobbla2001
10-13-2004, 10:59 PM
What happened to those backs that Needville had in '98? They end up being successful anywhere?

They were pretty good...

g$$
10-14-2004, 12:18 PM
You obviously don't know football to make those statements. No well runs that dry that has consistently produced that many athletes over the years (3 NFL kids now, many D1 too). Yes, some years are better than others, but not to this extent. The problem is not just Friday nights, it is 7-12. That is what has changed & has led to the downward cycle. Off-season conditioning is way different too I am told by those close to the program. WC fans are just happy because they have not won a THING in close to 20 years, & that is a fact. Enjoy it, I am happy for you. Lane is a good guy & good coach. I am not from Sweeny nor do I live there, but mark it down that they will be back after the changes. Treybig is a nice man, but he is not the answer to turn the program back around. I would not count out the Williams kid if he plays. He is quite an athlete from what I gather, & I did see him play baseball last summer. That is his future, but with time he can throw the football too. See what happens....

scrub c
10-14-2004, 01:59 PM
you are wrong $$boy.
Programs do run dry. And sweeny is one of them. Just like WC did in the 90's. I remember back in the day when sweeny was the whipping boys across the river, and then the tides turned and wc was the whipping boys. And now, everything has come full circle.
Oh yeah, I dont care if they have 20 players in the NFL, they aint in sweeny texas! And wont have that kind of talent for at least 6 years. I got to watch my nephews play sweeny twice. WC won all the games, both a and b teams.

What do you call 3 rounds deep in 2002(lost to Brenham)? is that not winning something? What about 2000, 8-2 (lost to La Marque). still not winning something?? oh well...

I guess we will have plenty of time next week to discuss this next week as the "battle of the bernard" gets ready to kick off.

g$$
10-14-2004, 02:16 PM
2 years out of 20 & you think WC is back in the mix? Wake up dude to reality. Talking to the wrong guy here. What happened to you in those 2 decent years - got drilled by good teams right? Yeah, your program is in the hunt. Not too many players being recruited out of WC either is there? You answered the problem I told you earlier - it is a grade 7-12 problem. Check the records of Sweeny's teams in ALL sports over the past 25 years - lots of state titles, deep playoff runs, & many accomplished teams in there. How many has WC won ever?? Sweeny's program is down due to what has transpired over the past 6 years under Treybig. He came from Industrial, & there is a "powerhouse" for you. That is a weak top-heavy 3A district - the real test is what you do in the playoffs. WC should & will beat this Sweeny team next week. Things will change & very soon there though. Enjoy "watching" your nephew or whomever while those of us who know football & coach it do our thing big boy. As for baseball, that will be a different story when you face the Williams kid. That kid is legit at any level, watched him this summer up here on the Houston Heat & he is filthy. Who's playing for 2nd?

FbCoachB40
10-14-2004, 02:49 PM
I was at the Wharton vs Sweeny baseball game in Sweeny last year. The Williams kid is good, I don't want to take anything away from him. Wicked Slider. However, Wharton smoked that same kid when he was on the mound. Sweeny will not win the district in baseball. WC is the team to beat

scrub c
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
$$boy, get a grip, THE WELL IS DRY! and sweeny hasnt had any "good runs"since they took a whippin' from dangerfield back in, what 85 or so.
The Scrub's last "run" was in 87 in a loss to WOS.
And you need to quit swinging off of that blake williams' kid's prostate. In baseball,
Wharton shelled Sweeny, SCRUB C WHIPPED, I mean WHIPPED both of them.
So, bring williams (the next nolan ryan) over to the scrub and we will send him (and you) home sad.

g$$
10-20-2004, 03:08 AM
I looked it up Scrub C & you are wrong. Might try getting your stats right next time. Sweeny lost to a stout (Everett boys) Daingerfield team in the State Finals in 1983, the Semis to Navasota in 1988, & in the Quarterfinals in 1989, plus many other deep runs through the '80s & mid 90s. Went 4 rounds deep in 4A also in the '90s, playoffs both years in 4A. 3 rounds deep 4 years ago, etc., etc. WC was in that 4A district right? WC has been down for as long as I can recall since Wayne Williams left town buddy. Charlie Johnson before that. You're riding a 1/2 year wave; 1-9 last year right?

Sweeny WON that 3A baseball district last year too. Wharton was 2nd, Needville 3rd. And, I made a call to check this: Williams NEVER pitched against WC last year, other kids did in a tourney. So you will get your shot this year twice. As for the Wharton game, I am told it was a fluky deal on a disputed call, but Sweeny still won the district by a full game. Just one of those games (very few hits allowed, some walks, 1 HR), but he homered 3 times himself vs. Wharton alone last year. He was Newcomer of the Year for that district & county as a sophomore too. So you need to learn baseball as well as football evidently. WC failed to make the playoffs last year.

And Scrub C, you are not Jim Rome buddy, & I am not on anyone's prostate. I am telling you kids to watch. 1 game means nothing, I get paid to scout potential for the future, 3-5 years down the road. The kid is 16 years old & talented by my records. Nowhere near his ceiling yet. I also told you others in the SE Texas Area: Hammack (Angleton), Kyle Russell (Tomball), Aaron Thompson (2nd Baptist), Diego Seastrunk (Channelview), 2 kids from Boerne, Flores from Corpus Christi, Kyle Drabek from The Woodlands, Daryl Jones from Spring, etc.. Williams fits into that group too. Howard from WC is a marginal D1 prospect (Sam Houston). Maybe you could be objective & watch these kids for yourself without blinders on. I live in west Houston, not Sweeny, but I do have contacts there in the area. I keep up.

As for football, WC has the better team this year. Flannel is an interesting prospect & young. Lane has done a good job there, he's a friend of mine. You will be fortunate to keep him much longer. He learned under Weddell at La Marque. I saw the Needville - Sweeny boxscore & you were wrong there too. 31-7 Sweeny right, 240 yards passing for Williams on only 18 attempts in 1st game back since Week 1? And junior LB Wendel Davis has D1 written all over him (Texas early leader). Maybe you should go to Vegas & lose your refinery money. Nice try Neck. Come see me at the WC - Sweeny baseball game. I will make it to that one. Come read my radar gun & maybe you can learn something that night. I'll be easy to spot behind the plate if you have a set. Sweeny wins that baseball district - book it now & let it sink in. WC has some sticks, zero pitching.

Johnnypaycheck
10-20-2004, 07:54 AM
zero pitching? they return everyone back off of last years 19-9 team...if anything, they will be losing some sticks off that team that hit 35 homeruns...6 (back to back to back to back) of which came courtesy of sweeny pitching.

you must be one of those "SELECT" team coaches that people pay the big bucks to tell the college coaches to pick their son...what a crock of crap...

pancho villa
10-20-2004, 07:56 AM
g$$ quit talking out your butt your facts were only half right.
we will see just how good williams is when he faces a real defense and pass rush, and a real baseball team this year.

g$$
10-21-2004, 05:50 AM
That 19-9 team failed to make the playoffs right? And, not all return for WC (older Sweatt kid & Wells are gone). I said WC should win the football game. They are a better team this year. Not a single one of those HRs was hit off Williams in that tourney because he NEVER pitched against WC last year. And, I am not a select team coach, but I do scout select ball for my job. That is where it's at these days; times have changed if you want to be seen. You have your opinion & I have mine. Hope to see you down the road. Find me during baseball season & we'll see who is right. Should be a competitive district, but I am going with Sweeny because they have a clear cut ace. WC has arms, not a lockdown #1 starter. I have seen them all. Take care.

scrub c
10-21-2004, 07:31 AM
I have my money saying that the williams kid (however good he may be)
WILL NOT THROW against WC. I bet he throws against the best of the bottom 3 teams in the district. Why you ask????
Simple, They have to win those games to get in the playoffs, and dont have to beat the NECKS to get in. So why take a chance???

So I am betting WC fans will not get to see him pitch against the most solid team in the district.

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That 19-9 team failed to make the playoffs right? And, not all return for WC (older Sweatt kid & Wells are gone). I said WC should win the football game. They are a better team this year. Not a single one of those HRs was hit off Williams in that tourney because he NEVER pitched against WC last year. And, I am not a select team coach, but I do scout select ball for my job. That is where it's at these days; times have changed if you want to be seen. You have your opinion & I have mine. Hope to see you down the road. Find me during baseball season & we'll see who is right. Should be a competitive district, but I am going with Sweeny because they have a clear cut ace. WC has arms, not a lockdown #1 starter. I have seen them all. Take care.

the wells kid? they aren't going to miss him one bit...he failed academically his jr and senior year...and pitched only two innings the whole year last year...yes, they will miss sweat, but not wells.

Scout select ball??? what the heck is that? you get paid to watch summer league games and tell the mommas and daddys that their boy is good or not good...

Mark my words, Columbia has 3 Lockdown studs returning on the mound and district 25 3A and the state will soon find out about them...maybe you can come scout them and tell them how good they are...but that might interfere with your West University Select team's game vs. Bellaire Little League...gotta start looking at them 12 year olds early.

g$$
10-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Sorry, but you are wrong again. He will pitch against WC & Wharton unless the race is already wrapped up. Other kids will pitch against the weaker teams. You will get Sweeny's best. The goal is to win district, not just get into the playoffs. It will be fun to watch, & I do plan to see the marquee games. The bigger question is who do you consider WC's ace? No one jumps out for WC - Fortenberry, Minks, etc. are about the same. That is my point on a clear cut ace, & I will take pitching over hitting every time. Just ask Clemens tonight.

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 07:51 AM
g$$ go get your shinebox, little league boy. Sweeny is with one of the big boys now.

g$$
10-21-2004, 07:58 AM
Listen - crawl out of your WC hole & maybe you would understand what I said. Select ball is scouted by people such as myself for colleges & major league clubs to find the top kids. Obviously if your kid was good enough for this level of ball, then it would not be so confusing. I played ball in college, coached for a while, & now work as a scout for an organization that I will not mention for obvious reasons. And I don't live anywhere near West U - too high for me. Maybe WC Babe Ruth League fits you best. Learn the game or just pipe down. You have arms, not aces, & one of those may move anyway. Go watch some games in the major markets & then you might understand how it works now. Paycheck, turn down the old country music man.

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Why in the heck would I go watch a mediocre (Sweeny) team play a decent team (WC) at a stadium that may be condemned soon? I will make the trip for baseball & hope the lights don't blow up like last year (as I read in the paper online). Is "shinebox" some kind of redneck slang term that I am missing? It is amazing what winning a few games does for a community coming off years of ineptness? How does a program not make the playoffs in a single sport last year? That does not make you a "big boy" buddy. Win consistently across the board & then talk. No thanks, see ya in baseball season.

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 08:06 AM
move away...there isn't any moving away...but i heard one of the top arms in 4A, and only 15 miles away may move to WC because he knows he has a better chance to win and be successful...how about them apples...

to say you played college baseball is quite a statement, since nearly anyone can play baseball at the college level...if you have money to pay your own way...good for you, you make your living, i'll make mine and we'll see who does better WC or sweeny...The living legend is gone from sweeny and WC has a good up and coming coach that knows how to win...

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Pay my own way? It is called a scholarship for a reason, although D1 schools all split 11.7 among the whole team. That is just reality, look it up. You do have a fine young coach, I like the guy. Loesch was a fine man too, but they needed a change. His record spoke for itself. Lots of wins & always played up to get ready, kids played hard for him. Hammack is not moving to WC. Spoke to him a few weeks ago & somebody had started that rumor. His stock is not what it was a year ago, though lots of people still like him. Keep your day job.

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 08:17 AM
we spank sweeny year in and out in baseball. Go get your shinebox.

scrub c
10-21-2004, 08:22 AM
shinebox

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:23 AM
That is simply not true. Go get your record book. All you have to do is follow the area scores to know that. It has gone back & forth for years, much like football. Just leave it like this - you will have 2 chances this year to step up against them in district. Pitching wins fella, accept it. You still never explained the origin of "shinebox" so I can expand my redneck lingo?

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 08:24 AM
you weren't good enough to get a scholarship...dream on...

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 08:28 AM
We will whip sweeny in baseball, mark it down.
Now go home and get your shinebox.

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I was & did. You're the one stuck in WC, not me. Go make gas at the refinery or something. You are obviously thick in the head. Not surprising though. You are simply not worth the time. I will put my ball skills & now my occupational skills up against yours ANY TIME. Come see me in the Spring & we'll talk then.

FbCoachB40
10-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Hey Ga$$, Shinebox is not redneck. Get your head out of all the stat books and watch a movie now and then. "Goodfellas" is where you need to start watching.

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 08:34 AM
g$$ wants to chalange us, get a life little league boy.
hey wanabe now go home and get your shinebox.

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Duh, just messing with these Necks. One of my favorites movies w/ Joe Pesci. Learn to joke man. I made my point with it. I still won't be there. WC wins by 2 tds.

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 08:41 AM
somebody is crawfishing...

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Care to wager on that? You talk big, put something on it for the Spring. Your ignorance comes out more & more each post. You don't even know how baseball scholarships work because you were done after HS. Then on to the Plant. Great quality of life. Last time - talk to me in the Spring. You can shut up until then.

scrub c
10-21-2004, 08:42 AM
lol

now lets go make some gas in sweeny

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 08:42 AM
you are funny...i bet you have sugar in your tank and pennies in your loafers...

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 08:47 AM
g$$ is a little league coach.
and an all star.

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:47 AM
No, but one thing I have had is enough of you. Stupid people bug me. You take a post & then turn it personal because you don't what to say. Talk to me in the Spring & you'll find out what's in my tank. It ain't sugar. You are a worthless Neck. Nice nickname by the way. Am I challenging you, YES. Cover up that hole again & stay in it.

g$$
10-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Yeah, coached your girl last night. That is where you get that all star stuff. Just because you sucked in sports & everything else don't hate the rest of us. Good bye you freak.

scrub c
10-21-2004, 08:52 AM
all in good fun untill someone gets their feelings hurt.

too bad

I was starting to enjoy this.
Ooppps got to go turn a valve and earn my 52.00 an hour wage.

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 08:55 AM
g$$ got panties in a wad...do us a favor and stay in houston and don't grace us with your presence...

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 08:57 AM
g$$ got his feelings hurt had to attack the girls, that is big of you.
Now go home and get your shinebox little man.

Johnnypaycheck
10-21-2004, 08:58 AM
LOL...he said "shinebox"!!!

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 09:01 AM
crybaby!

pancho villa
10-21-2004, 09:34 AM
I guess g$$ went home to get his shinebox!