PDA

View Full Version : Charles Huffman of Rice Consolidated

seasick4
10-12-2004, 08:52 AM
I went to the game the other night vs. Navasota and wanted to share some info with the others here on this post board. I cant believe that this young man hasnt received more attention. This is a very good running back in high school football and probably will be making plays on Saturdays somewhere in the near future.
I havent seen a back break the line of scrimmage and break so many tackles as he did. He is so strong and very agile. I was very impressed with Rice's play the other evening. They as a team. I hope they do well.

Raider4ever
10-12-2004, 09:44 AM
yup, when you watch him you know it's going to be something amazeing! here is a picture of him. (I put a picture of him in another thread but here it is again)

http://3adownlow.freewebspace.com/Picture%20004.jpg

BULLRUSH
10-12-2004, 10:04 AM
He's pretty dang good for sure. I remember him from last year against Bellville.

District303aPastPlayer
10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
The kid just LOOKS like an intimidating force running the ball... and to top it all off.. HE IS a great back.

CheerMom
10-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Not only is he an excellant running back, but one of the nicest people that you could ever meet. He has a smile that lights up his whole face.
This young man deserves the best!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

downlower
10-12-2004, 11:31 AM
He is a great running back; with a combination of speed and power, he can break a lot of tackles and out run you. I think he is about 5'8'', and if you can't tell from the picture, he is all muscle.

elhs
10-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Your right on CheerMom. Charles is a gifted young man. He is a great sportman and displays this everwhere. His smile just makes you smile back. He is also a great student and put his mind to his work. He is always considerate to the others.

Go Rice Raiders!!

Rice_fan_02
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
I agree with all of you...I love watching him run the ball especially breaking alot of tackles, if that doesn't get you into a game I don't know what will....Good Luck Huffman...All the way Rice

Bull's-eye
10-12-2004, 12:33 PM
All of the Bellville players tell me he was the best back they faced last year. That includes Navasota's Smith, Huffman's Crew and Tank Smith of Marlin. The "Red Mustache" has met Smith, Tank and Huffman. He raves about all 3, but he states Rice's Huffman is the best.

Bellville22
10-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Yea, I think Huffman put up 200+ against a pretty good Bellville defense last year in Bellville. He has speed, agility, and strength, all packed into a body with a low center of gravity, which makes him very difficult to bring down. I saw several good backs last year-- Tank Smith of Marlin, Terrius Purvey, Emeal Sanders-Sealy, Chris Smith-Navasota, Burns-Atlanta, Another Atlanta back, and Curtis Crew-Huffman-Hargrave.

The only of the bunch I thought was a better runner than Charles Huffman was Terrius Purvey, and he's considered by many to be arguably the best back in the state in any class.

Huffman is special, and should get some attention.

CheerMom
10-12-2004, 02:23 PM

CheerMom
10-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Go Charlie Boy!!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

JettJenkins04
10-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I love this young man, Me and Charles grew up together, he was always like a little brother that I never had. From the Swamp to the Diamonds we did it all together. I really hate that I haven't seen him run not once this year. But it's all good because I know that he's going to do his thing regardless. He is a very strong competitor and a great guy to get to know. Good luck to Mr. Huffman in the future and good luck to the Raiders.

Go Raiders :D

Flourhead
10-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Yea, I think Huffman put up 200+ against a pretty good Bellville defense last year in Bellville. He has speed, agility, and strength, all packed into a body with a low center of gravity, which makes him very difficult to bring down. I saw several good backs last year-- Tank Smith of Marlin, Terrius Purvey, Emeal Sanders-Sealy, Chris Smith-Navasota, Burns-Atlanta, Another Atlanta back, and Curtis Crew-Huffman-Hargrave.

The only of the bunch I thought was a better runner than Charles Huffman was Terrius Purvey, and he's considered by many to be arguably the best back in the state in any class.

Huffman is special, and should get some attention.

did you ever watch latrael cooper play?

crabman
10-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Huffman hung 240+ on Cuero last year. True, it was Cuero's first game under a new coach and new defense and Rice's second game of the year, but geeez, 240 is 240.

msgp
10-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Without question, he is the best RB Rice has had in our 35 years.

$!GET LOW!$
10-12-2004, 11:09 PM
from what ive seen i would say he definetly one of the best backs i have ever seen. he is a very polite young man and is a supior leader on the field. Way to run charlie and lets go get them boys in cardnal city

g$$
10-13-2004, 03:08 AM
No doubt he is a good one. Kind of flying under the radar right now, but he should get some offers. He uses that 5'8" frame to his advantage, good pad level & leverage. You will see him playing on Saturdays.

raider red 2000
10-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by msgp
Without question, he is the best RB Rice has had in our 35 years.

last year he had a pretty good runner (cant remember his name) with him in the backfield.....they gave a lot of teams trouble.

elhs
10-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Jett:
Thanks for everything and I hope your keeping your head on straight.

Charles Huffman

downlower
10-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
last year he had a pretty good runner (cant remember his name) with him in the backfield.....they gave a lot of teams trouble.

That was Spears, i think he is playing for Blinn now.

Raider Nurse
10-13-2004, 06:25 PM
I have had the privilege to watch this young man play for several years now and he has given us lots of memorable football games!!! I feel like these are special games right now because this is his last year to play for Rice. Thanks Charles and keep on doing your thing!!!!! Beat those Cardinals!!!! Go Raiders!!!!!:clap:

CheerMom
10-14-2004, 10:12 AM
:cheerl: :cheerl:

Crow22
10-14-2004, 10:24 AM
I think Charles Huffman is the most arrogant jerk I've ever met...

HA!! JUST JOKIN' WITH YA, CHUCK!!

I can't wait to see you run on Saturdays.

For those that don't know, this young'en is like my son. Fortunately, he's one of the few that I'm able to keep in contact with from my time there. He's quite possibly the most deserving kid of any accolades that come his way that I've ever coached. He has been raise right by some good folks.

OH, you better call me like I told you, too or I'm coming to learn you a lesson!

Coach P

Crow22
10-14-2004, 01:00 PM
ttt

Raider4ever
10-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Hello Coach P, Haven't seen you sence last year at the P.I. Game. You probley don't remeber me but you where my teacher my freshman year for Scrience but i forgot what they called it. Anyways this is Russell Hadley if you didn't know. Look forward to seeing you at some playoff games that the Rice Raiders will be heading into (hopefully) later in the season!

Crow22
10-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey Russ, of course I remember you. I coached you in baseball. You didn't see me at the PI game (I had a b-ball tournament that day) but it was probably at another playoff game. Hopefully, I won't get to see any of the Rice games because of our own playoff games! BUT, if we're not playing, I'll be there. Great to hear from you.

Raider4ever
10-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Oh ya thats right it was coach Ditrek. (However you spell his name) Anyways where are you coaching at now?

Crow22
10-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Medina Valley (AAAA school just outside of San Antonio)

Where are you going to college?

Raider4ever
10-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Wcjc Ft Bend Tech center. But Next semester im going to switch to the main campus and try out for the baseball team. If I don't make it im going to transfer to Blinn College in Brenham and try out there. Or thats how I planned it. Sence some coach from Rice told us he would do everything for us to get a tryout for college baseball team and hasn't done anything. But Im not going to hold it against him he is a busy man!

CheerMom
10-14-2004, 02:46 PM
That's great you're trying out for the baseball team!!! Good Luck!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Crow22
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
If high school coaches had scholarships to give out.......they'd give them to their players. Odds are your coach DID try but the colleges weren't interested. Colleges make up their own mind when it comes to the money they have. Don't blame your coach. I can promise you he did everything he could. There are many things your coaches do that you would never hear about. They don't want the credit for it. Its in their nature.

CheerMom
10-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry, we got off the topic :( We still love you, Charles!!:D

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Raider4ever
10-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Well I don't want to get anyone mad at me so I will let this topic drop. Anyways G'Luck Charles the Rest of the year! Take em' to state!

JettJenkins04
10-15-2004, 12:30 AM
That's the way to end it Action, that one might have costed you three triangles :( . Oh well, were not in High School any more:D .

Raider4ever
10-15-2004, 12:39 AM
haha for real jack! Man i really hope i can get on! Gonna start going to the cages at the high school pertty soon start geting ready and throwing some!