PDA

View Full Version : Peterson's Answer regarding attending OK

Haunta Yo
10-11-2004, 09:04 PM
"Texas gets better players," Peterson said during the summer. "But they don't get better once they get to Texas."

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Interesting observation.

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 09:06 PM
so maybe texas needs new strength and conditioning coaches instead of a new head coach

mwynn05
10-11-2004, 09:07 PM
who say's he is right?

Old Tiger
10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
What he said is OU developes it's players more...Which is true...

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 09:13 PM
i guess oklahoma beating texas 5 years in a row with the players texas overlooks and making it to the national championship a couple of times and winning conference championships

LST_Terry
10-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I loved how ABC announcers pretty much said that how does an 18 year old now that..because some OU player said that. Bith teams have developed players who are in the pros

DawgFan91
10-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
I loved how ABC announcers pretty much said that how does an 18 year old now that..because some OU player said that. Bith teams have developed players who are in the pros

And Texas has developed more.

sinton66
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
And this is a freshman starting for Oklahoma, what exactly have they had to do with HIS development?

PhiI C
Roy Williams hasn't done too bad at Detroit and neither has Chris Sims at Tampa Bay and don't forget Ricky Williams did good too. These are just a few.

Keith7
Originally posted by sinton66
And this is a freshman starting for Oklahoma, what exactly have they had to do with HIS development?

he did do summer work outs

sinton66
10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Petersen was already developed before he got there.

lepfan
10-11-2004, 10:23 PM
During the recuriting phase Cale Gundy and Bob Stoops both went to Peterson's home...Stoops even went to visit his dad...from my understanding Mack only visited with him via phone..I would think that would help in the decision making process...it seems they develop players and relationships with those players and their families...

District303aPastPlayer
10-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Nothing, we can thanks Texas and the High School Football System here in this great state for making AD the best RB in the nation

lepfan
10-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Y'all make it sound like all he needs to do is show up for games on Saturday...:)

Hupernikomen
10-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
"Texas gets better players," Peterson said during the summer. "But they don't get better once they get to Texas."

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Interesting observation.

He is full of baloney. UT has littered the NFL with quality players and will add a few to those ranks again at the end of this season with one of the top RBs and one of the very best LBs to come out of Texas in years.

Don't know the numbers of people from the schools drafted in the last 5 years of this losing streak, but I bet it is closer than some of those games have been.:eek:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Nothing, we can thanks Texas and the High School Football System here in this great state for making AD the best RB in the nation

Right on! Texas High school football is second to none. But the colleges need to work on recruiting their own. My own Z Motion Jr. went across the border to play in Oklahoma (see pic below). Believe me I would have rather him played closer and in Texas. 3 DII Lone Star Conference schools within 2 hours of Vernon, but none of them "wowed" little Z to stay close to home. By the way Southeastern is tied for 1st in the conference and that championship ring may finally arrive! I guess he made a good choice after all much as those Texas players playing for OU have.

Chris Hart
10-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
He is full of baloney. UT has littered the NFL with quality players and will add a few to those ranks again at the end of this season with one of the top RBs and one of the very best LBs to come out of Texas in years.

Don't know the numbers of people from the schools drafted in the last 5 years of this losing streak, but I bet it is closer than some of those games have been.:eek: This can prove one point or another. It's been said that the streak hasn't been coaching by some, that it's the players that play the game. But, if Texas has had all these NFL players and have still got beat 5 straight times, it boils down to one thing COACHING. Oklahoma has it, Texas doesn't! I hate Oklahoma as much as anybody, and I'm not a Longhorn either. So I've watched all 5 games without a bias, if I am biased it was for the Horns. But Stoops has totally outcoached Brown in EVERY GAME. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I did. When Mack Brown and Bob Stoops met at midfield before last week's game, Mack Brown couldn't even look the man in the eyes. Brown was all fidgity and putting his arms behind his head and looking off, and Stoops was looking at him like, hey relax the game hasn't even started yet. Texas is simply INTIMIDATED by OU, and it starts right at the top with Mack Brown. Like I said, I'm not a Longhorn fan, but I too am sick and tired of OU beating all the Texas teams year in and year out(I know A&M pulled a shocker 2 years ago, but they payed for it last year), it's just beyond me that a team as talented as UT, can be so scared of OU. IMO, it comes directly from their HC Mack Brown.

Phil C
10-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Peterson knows that Texas played OK a lot closer this year than in the past several years so he is probably just trying to get recruits to go to OK. Running back prospects - do you want to to to OK and ride the bench behind him or go where you can be a starter and get playing time.

big daddy russ
10-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Funny story... an old coworker from Ohio said that he knew with all his little heart that HS Football up there was much better than down here.

If it is, then why does everyone else still compare their football to ours?

JasperDog94
10-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

handNthedirt
10-12-2004, 03:48 PM
FIRE MACK BROWN!!!!!

AggieJohn
10-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
FIRE MACK BROWN!!!!! .com

JasperDog94
10-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
FIRE MACK BROWN!!!!! What does this have to do with the topic?:confused:

JasperDog94
10-12-2004, 04:34 PM
What interest do you have in Mack Brown other than the fact that he continually whups up on A&M.:D

texasjeremy
10-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
he did do summer work outs

So I guess that means, Palestine High does the best job of developing players.

Keith7
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
So I guess that means, Palestine High does the best job of developing players.

no.. u must not have had many college recruits when u were in high school..

Colleges send work out plans for their recruits to do over the summer

sinton66
10-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Peterson knows that Texas played OK a lot closer this year than in the past several years so he is probably just trying to get recruits to go to OK. Running back prospects - do you want to to to OK and ride the bench behind him or go where you can be a starter and get playing time.

You just hit the nail square on the head as for the REAL reason Petersen went to OU. He knew he'd be backing up Bensen. Stoops offered him a start and he took it. Develop their players my eye! Saying that was probably in his scholarship agreement.

texasjeremy
10-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
no.. u must not have had many college recruits when u were in high school..

Colleges send work out plans for their recruits to do over the summer

I was only kidding, but you know, he did become the best HS player in the nation, out of nowhere while at PHS.