PDA

View Full Version : Sinton @ Aransas Pass

rgn4fb
10-11-2004, 01:35 PM
How do you all think this district matchup willend up?

Phil C
10-11-2004, 01:43 PM
I think Sinton will win a very close game 28 to 21.

big daddy russ
10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Sinton takes it, but it'll be a closer game than most would think. Pirates pull away in the 4th... win by 10-14.

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Well, the Associated Press along with every other poll in the State of Texas, will pick Sinton to win. Hopefully, Aransas Pass will come out and make it a good game. It's not over till the fat lady sings ..... a few other teams in our district would be wise to remember that as well.:cool:

Phil C
10-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey AP Panther Fan do you attend the volleyball games too. I will be at the varsity volleyball game but may be late then onto the football game. If you see me say hello! I will be the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap. Maybe at halftime I can go to your side and if you see me say hi. Anyway welcome to the board. Also what are the Aransas Pass girls district record in volleyball? I don't know if Corpus Christi Caller had it right at saying 0 - 4 and those girls play good for a 0 - 4 team if that is true.

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey Phil, I don't normally make it to the volleyball games. I do know quite a few girls that play, so I will have to check the record with them. I pretty much just keep up with football and baseball (the two sports my son participates in). Do you have a daughter playing or are you just a dedicated fan?

pirate44
10-11-2004, 02:21 PM
my 2 cents. i think Friday's game was a wake up call for Sinton (at least i hope that's the case). i wouldn't be suprised to see allot of scoring on the pirate's part. AP has allowed allot of touchdowns by some mediocre teams so far this year. AP has come away with quite a few wins, but i cant see the Sinton coaches coming out with the same team we saw at homecoming.

Phil C
10-11-2004, 02:36 PM
I am a fan AP. I attend girls sports more because they don't always have the support that the boys have but I like all the sports (football, basketball, softball, and baseball). I don't attend many track meets which is probably ironic because that was the sport I participated in while in high school.

Ranger354
10-11-2004, 02:43 PM
I think Sinton underestimated Goliad. They never have defensed the short pass in the flat (swing pass) very well. Burnet killed them on it. Mathis killed them on it a few years back.

I look for Sinton to beat AP by 21.

tap_tx_sinton
10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I agree with you pirate44. Fridays game was a wake up call for the pirates. Before you know it your season go right out the window. AP is going to be another tough match up. We need this win coming out of AP beacuse Ingleside is no joke this year. Need to work on the passing game if were going to use it. Was not looking good at all. Another low point is getting that ball in between the uprights. That could win us a game down the road. Sinton will pull forward and still be there at the end, how far time will tell.........Get It Done

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Phil...tried to find the volleyball record on the Caller website and couldn't. Did make a phone call though and you are right, we are 0-4 in district play. We recently lost a starter to an injury and it seems as if the girls can't quite pull it together.

Phil C
10-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Thank you AP. Sorry about the girl that got hurt AP. I know one got hurt in the Sinton game but I was hoping it wasn't permanent. It may have been the same one. AP girls have got to be one of the best 0 - 4 teams in the state because I noticed AP played Ingleside close games close last Friday night. I know we had a tough time winning the games against AP and they were competitive. I always hate to see injuries on either side in any sport even though it can't be helped and sometimes they happen.

Sinton94
10-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Sinton has not played up to expectations or their potential in the last two games and that should spell big trouble for AP. I'll be very surprised if Sinton doesn't take care of business in a very, very big way!:eek:

pirate4state
10-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Sinton has not played up to expectations or their potential in the last two games and that should spell big trouble for AP. I'll be very surprised if Sinton doesn't take care of business in a very, very big way!:eek: I agree and hope that you're right! I hope that their eyes are open and understand that they have a HUGE target on their backs. AP, Mathis & Ingleside are all gunning for 'em. They can not continue to come out and play flat in the 1st half and expect to "put it to 'em" in the 2nd half. Especially against Ingleside. Remember their head coach is a Sinton graduate and he would love nothing better than to beat Sinton!! :mad: So, I hope they (the Pirates) had a nice rest on Sunday and are ready to practice and play hard the next few weeks!! That Cuero game seemed to drain them & I for one am ready to see that team again. That team that stuck with the #1 team in the state and refused to quit...where is that team?? :confused:

tap_tx_sinton
10-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Lets hope your right. That would be great to see that in a big way. Sinton comes out cold every game untill after halftime, when coach went to there hind end. They have always been a 2 half team. Torwards the end of the fourth they start to falter also. Once Sinton puts there heads into the game and stay focused there unstopable. Game is going to be close Sinton by a touchdown....

SintonFan
10-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Sinton has not played up to expectations or their potential in the last two games and that should spell big trouble for AP. I'll be very surprised if Sinton doesn't take care of business in a very, very big way!:eek:
I sure hope so Sinton94. One thing that I'm concerned about is the injuries to some key players like Franco and Trujillo. Both guys are players and getting them healthy is a priority. What I like about this years team is some of the youngers guys that have really stepped it up. A. Castillo and Ueckert just to name a couple.
AP has a good team and know if they lose this game they could be out of the playoff picture. I expect them to play lights out football. Their season depends on it. Don't be surprised if they open the playbook a little. Before Ingleside, AP's main strength appeared to be their running game. If they try to go back and establish that game it could play into one of Sinton's strengths, the run D. Sinton's speed gives then an advantage over area teams, especially on defense. Unfortunately I talked or PMed to a few that watched last week's game and most said the same. Sinton looked flat and uninspired. Well, Goliad did have a 4-2 record and returned the good majority of their team. Gotta give them their just due. They played a good game.:cool:
AP is going to be a bigger test IMHO and the Pirates will need to rise to the challenge. I agree with 94 and believe the boys will come fired up for this one. No line cuz this could be a little tighter than some think.
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!
BEAT ARANSAS PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sinton94
10-11-2004, 04:55 PM
I think we will see Sinton play hard the entire game and with a lot of intensity. I think the Pirates have something to prove to themselves and foes alike and will do so in a very big way. Look for the Pirates to score early and often and the defense to take it to another level and that could be real scary for AP!;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2004, 08:45 PM
I think we will see Sinton play hard the entire game and with a lot of intensity. I think the Pirates have something to prove to themselves and foes alike and will do so in a very big way. Look for the Pirates to score early and often and the defense to take it to another level and that could be real scary for AP!;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D it will get scary and ugly early, the cheerleaders be throwing those footballs to the stands quite a few times. only upset will be the other pirates from Mathis shocking Ingleside.

sinton66
10-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Franco didn't seem to be seriously injured. Saw him running on the sidelines after he went out. Probably were just being cautious. Ring stepped up and did a great job carrying the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2004, 09:20 PM
It was a good game to get some of the younger players some experience and some playing time. Zach Collins didnt get much carries was he also bang up some?

sinton66
10-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Didn't appear to be, was mostly blocking when he was in.

sinpirate
10-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Collins is a great blocker, and also a great defensive player. He is good for the hard yards because he is a tough runner. He has already proven himself under the lights. I think Mitchell was trying out his other sophomore to see if he could perform under the lights. I think he did pretty good - two touchdowns.

IHStangFan
10-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Sinton has shown they are a late closer this season.....they always seem to pull away in the second half. this game will be close up until the end i think....AP is coming off an upset loss to Ingleside and will come out swinging....Sinton will have to play them hard...but will pull away in the end and win by 14

SINTON81
10-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I think that if Ingleside can beat Aransas by 26 pts. Sinton can beat Aransas by 36 pts. If Franco and Trujillo come back healthy.

Sinton94
10-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Collins and Franco are fine. Matt should be coming back this week or next. I think Collins will get a few more carries this week. He is a real work horse and will be needed as they move on.

Trust me the Pirates will be ready for this game!

SINTON81
10-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Collins and Franco are fine. Matt should be coming back this week or next. I think Collins will get a few more carries this week. He is a real work horse and will be needed as they move on.

Trust me the Pirates will be ready for this game!

Good to hear. Sinton by 36.:D :D

IHStangFan
10-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
I think that if Ingleside can beat Aransas by 26 pts. Sinton can beat Aransas by 36 pts. If Franco and Trujillo come back healthy. LOL WOW.

Gary8a
10-12-2004, 12:46 PM
:clap: Good Luck Sinton

Sinton wins by 14.

SINTON81
10-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL WOW.

LOL, I thought you would get a kick out of that.:D :D

Sinton94
10-12-2004, 03:29 PM
:confused: Where are all all the faithful Panther fans?

They use to really come out in full force for this game in years past!

Hannibal
10-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Most of them are still reeling from the shock of last Friday night. AP has become used to beating Ingleside; the Panthers had won that game the last six years. Coming off that shocker to face Sinton is tough to do. Everyone knows how good Sinton is but no one knows how the Panthers will regroup this week after their first loss.

Sinton94
10-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Six years really! I didn't reliaze it had been that long. Looks the tide may be turned for awhile!

Does anyone know the overall record between the two?

SINTON81
10-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Against common opponents Sinton has bigger margins of victory than Ingleside

Sinton over Taft by 52 pts. Ingleside over Taft by 27 pts.
Sinton over West Oso by 30 pts. Ingleside over West Oso by 15 pts.
Sinton over Orange Grove by 29 pts. Ingleside over Orange Grove by 12 pts.

Sinton94
10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Team Rank Record (Win - loss)

Ingleside 71 (6-1) (28-29)

AP 44 (6-1) (31-27)

Sinton 15 (5-2) (34-22)

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

big daddy russ
10-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Six years really! I didn't reliaze it had been that long. Looks the tide may be turned for awhile!

Does anyone know the overall record between the two?
I used to be the only one in the world with that information... but of course mine only dated back to 1927. I couldn't get any info before then. Let me look around a little and see if I still have it.

IHStangFan
10-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
LOL, I thought you would get a kick out of that.:D :D hehe...yeah..ya know how it goes. i am sure looking forward to the Sinton/Ingleside game.....i know Sinton is the 30-3A powerhouse....but if Ingleside brings their A game.....it should be one to watch!

Sinton94
10-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Cool front tomorrow with rain and in the 60's on Friday night. Football weather is finally here and it's part time boys!
GET-ER-DONE PIRATES!:D :D :D :D

rgn4fb
10-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I am thinking what several of you have said. I also believe that Sinton SHOULD win district hands down and SHOULD blow out all their district opponents. They have athletes, a great coaching staff, and tradition. Perhaps taking away the tradition aspect (which in my humble opinion could be about as useful as a couple of good athletes) all the teams in the district have the same thing. However the only stat that will matter is the game between the opponents. Yes, Sinton should have beat Goliad and the game should not have even been close and they did. Sinton should beat AP and the game should be exciting but again Sinton SHOULD win. The Sinton Mathis game SHOULD not even be close (with new staff and system, these things typically take a couple of years to be succesful.) Then Sinton's season finale according to preseason picks should not be close. Now Ingleside has shown some success and although I live in Corpus I am a Sinton native and have talked to many friends in the small town. They all tend to say how Ingleside thinks they are hot stuff and that they will win. I have not heard this on this board or any other football forum from Ingleside fans. Yeas Sinton SHOULD go undefeated in district, the caller times gave them the district title before any games were played, but SHOULD never won any game. Sinton better be well prepared for the next three district opponents or any one of them WILL hand Sinton their first district loss in quite a while.

SINTON81
10-13-2004, 08:07 AM
hehe...yeah..ya know how it goes. i am sure looking forward to the Sinton/Ingleside game.....i know Sinton is the 30-3A powerhouse....but if Ingleside brings their A game.....it should be one to watch!

I agree, It should be the game of the week. IMHO

rgn4fb
10-13-2004, 11:40 AM
If I would have believed what was said in a couple of publications, then I should believe that my alma mater will blow out all their district opponents.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
If I would have believed what was said in a couple of publications, then I should believe that my alma mater will blow out all their district opponents. on paper...Sinton SHOULD win district without a loss....but...a few factors...Ingleside has come out of nowhere and is getting better each week, Aransas Pass could come out w/ vengence after their loss to IHS....Mathis could suprise someone, they have the tools to do so......district 30-3A has shaped up to be anything but predictable this year....what SHOULD be.....hasnt been a constant this year.....so what SHOULD be and what COULD be are two different things. we'll just have to wait and see.....i for one am excited and very much looking forward to the rest of the season...its gonna be fun to watch! good luck everyone!

District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2004, 11:50 AM
on paper...Sinton SHOULD win district without a loss....but...a few factors...Ingleside has come out of nowhere and is getting better each week, Aransas Pass could come out w/ vengence after their loss to IHS....Mathis could suprise someone, they have the tools to do so......district 30-3A has shaped up to be anything but predictable this year....what SHOULD be.....hasnt been a constant this year.....so what SHOULD be and what COULD be are two different things. we'll just have to wait and see.....i for one am excited and very much looking forward to the rest of the season...its gonna be fun to watch! good luck everyone!

yeah, what he said :p

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
yeah, what he said :p hey D3PP, how has yall's D been looking lately? i hear they are fast?? Aransas has some speed, the Robles kid is fast and has very quick feet.....honestly...how we held him to 0 yds....i have no idea.....i know you guys ALWAYS have speed on O....was just wonderin how yall's D has been looking. :)

lobo dad
10-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Sinton's head coach is intense, and he is good. I have to agree, on paper, Sinton should be in the playoffs without a district loss.

Doon
10-13-2004, 12:18 PM
They all tend to say how Ingleside thinks they are hot stuff and that they will win. I have not heard this on this board or any other football forum from Ingleside fans.

I don't really think you will hear very many fans "tooting our own horn" from over here. We are just very happy that we are having a very good year and hopefully more to come. We have not earned the right to boast or talk smack. I haven't heard of anyone from Ingleside "on a forum" talking trash, now last week before the AP game there was some very heated and interesting conversations that I witnessed, but that is usual for Ingleside and AP. I really enjoy reading what the Sinton folks have to say and I know that what they say comes from knowledge of the facts. Not once have I seen a Sinton fan put someone else down (except maybe GP, but they deserve that) and know they won't.

Sinton94
10-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Doon
I really enjoy reading what the Sinton folks have to say and I know that what they say comes from knowledge of the facts. Not once have I seen a Sinton fan put someone else down (except maybe GP, but they deserve that) and know they won't.

Thanks Doon and there is a mutual respect across our district. I for one am Glad to see Ingleside and AP having success, it bodes well for our district. It does no team any good to play and beat mediocre teams. Play the best if you want to be the best! This district has the potential to be an overall powerhouse again and that's a good thing. :D :D :clap: :clap:

rgn4fb
10-14-2004, 07:20 AM
StangFan could you not read into mysarcasm, the caps were used to make the exact point that you made.

IHStangFan
10-14-2004, 07:32 AM
StangFan could you not read into mysarcasm, the caps were used to make the exact point that you made. right, i was just once again agreeing w/ you. as we've both stated, the district has become pretty unpredictable! :)

Sinton94
10-14-2004, 07:52 AM
How much rain did AP get? I'm not sure who the wet field favors if anyone!:confused:

AP Panther Fan
10-14-2004, 08:53 AM
How much rain did AP get? I'm not sure who the wet field favors if anyone!:confused:

Not sure, but it is still raining. The majority was before daylight and there is quite a bit of water standing. Let's hope this moves over so we can start to dry out. The cool weather will be nice. :)

IHStangFan
10-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not sure, but it is still raining. The majority was before daylight and there is quite a bit of water standing. Let's hope this moves over so we can start to dry out. The cool weather will be nice. :) the cool weather will be GREAT! cool weather is football weather!! i was just outside (over at CCAD/NAS) and MAN it feels nice out!

District303aPastPlayer
10-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Our D looks good. The front beef is rediculously good. The front 4 are among the best in the district, if not South Texas. The DB core has a group of track stars that play football and are fast. Our ILBs have the nose for the ball and are great readers. THe OLBs will step up and take a hit and lay one into you. It looks good on the D side of the ball...

Burk, a CB had an INT for a TD in the Goliad game. Truth be told, he caught the ball, and straight sprinted about 40 yards for a touchdown untouched. The kid is FAST!

IHStangFan
10-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Our D looks good. The front beef is rediculously good. The front 4 are among the best in the district, if not South Texas. The DB core has a group of track stars that play football and are fast. Our ILBs have the nose for the ball and are great readers. THe OLBs will step up and take a hit and lay one into you. It looks good on the D side of the ball...

Burk, a CB had an INT for a TD in the Goliad game. Truth be told, he caught the ball, and straight sprinted about 40 yards for a touchdown untouched. The kid is FAST! yeah, i kinda figured....Sinton has always had a fast team on both sides of the ball...yall definately have some atheletes!!

Sinton94
10-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Is our Safety coming back this week?

pirate4state
10-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Is our Safety coming back this week? I think so.

tap_tx_sinton
10-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Looks like lots of Fumble Fumble Fumble with all the rain we all had. Should make for a good game. Lets hope the field holds up.

Sinton94
10-14-2004, 04:24 PM
One more day of this sun and wind might improve the field conditions for tomorrow night. Last week was a slow game due to field conditions. I hope that's not the case this week. I'm ready for this game. I wish it was already Friday! I did hear today that Matt should be playing. Bonus!:D

SintonFan
10-14-2004, 06:42 PM
AP Panther Fan, tell us a little about your team. Come on...we won't bite.
:)

IHStangFan
10-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:) contrary to what the score showed (we played outa our minds last friday) AP has a solid team...a good running game and a pretty good D. they are fast on both sides of the ball...QB Tringali is elusive for the most part, Paul Robles the RB is very quick and has speed in the open field.

SintonFan
10-14-2004, 08:30 PM
contrary to what the score showed (we played outa our minds last friday) AP has a solid team...a good running game and a pretty good D. they are fast on both sides of the ball...QB Tringali is elusive for the most part, Paul Robles the RB is very quick and has speed in the open field.
Thanks.:cool:

Ranger354
10-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey, how big is the stadium in AP? Do we need to get there early to get a seat?

Was going to take the wife to eat first, but might just get a burger on the road if we got to get there early.

sinton66
10-14-2004, 10:22 PM
If I remember correctly, their visitor section is about the same as ours.

Ranger354
10-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks 66,

Place called Little Bayou in down town that is pretty good eat'n.

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Sinton fans are always there early and the stands will be packed.

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 07:56 AM
I have a funny feeling Sinton will be playing at a much higher level tonight. Good luck Pirates! Looking forward to a good game. ;)

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 07:58 AM
i'll have my cell phone close by waiting on all my scores to start coming in from callertimes.com!!! good luck everyone!!

Ranger354
10-15-2004, 09:52 AM
We will be there early!

Sinton by 21............

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Early is good, but if you get a chance, the Little Bayou downtown is a great restaurant. We also have a Mac's Barbecue near the high school.

Drive safely getting to A.P. Look forward to seeing both sides of the stadium full.:thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:)

LOL, I'm sure you won't. Just been a quiet week. Last week was truly a disappointment, not because we lost, but because it wasn't a better game. Well, okay....losing was bad too!

Thanks for the kind words, IHStangFan.

As for the team, Paul Robles has been on crutches all week and I am uncertain if he is playing or not. Everyone else is fairly healthy...physically. Let's just hope that mentally they are prepared.:)

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 01:18 PM
LOL, I'm sure you won't. Just been a quiet week. Last week was truly a disappointment, not because we lost, but because it wasn't a better game. Well, okay....losing was bad too!

Thanks for the kind words, IHStangFan.

As for the team, Paul Robles has been on crutches all week and I am uncertain if he is playing or not. Everyone else is fairly healthy...physically. Let's just hope that mentally they are prepared.:) Panther Fan, was it you that said Tringali was your boy? if so...you and i know each other. :cool:

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Panther Fan, was it you that said Tringali was your boy? if so...you and i know each other. :cool:

Yes, you have a good memory. When I started reading this forum and you guys started talking about the transfers etc... it prompted me to join.

So give it up, how do I know you?:confused:

IHStangFan
10-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Yes, you have a good memory. When I started reading this forum and you guys started talking about the transfers etc... it prompted me to join.

So give it up, how do I know you?:confused: i used to work for you way back when at APSC. My aunt Patty worked upstairs. that ougth to help ya out :D

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 01:34 PM
LOL,

As for the team, Paul Robles has been on crutches all week and I am uncertain if he is playing or not. Everyone else is fairly healthy...physically. Let's just hope that mentally they are prepared.:)

WHAT HAPPENED TO ROBLES?:confused:

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Is the kid (QB) that transfered from GP to AP getting any playing time:confused:

pirate4state
10-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Is the kid (QB) that transfered from GP to AP getting any playing time:confused: I heard he quit football to focus on baseball!! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2004, 02:43 PM
i used to work for you way back when at APSC. My aunt Patty worked upstairs. that ougth to help ya out :D

Okay, you must be the son of Cheryl or Dennis. You didn't work for me....you worked for my husband. :D

See what a small world this is .... and now you know....

AP Panther Fan is the Mom not the Dad! I get a kick out of reading your posts. Will tell Mike about it. ;)

AP Panther Fan
10-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Is the kid (QB) that transfered from GP to AP getting any playing time:confused:

He isn't on our roster. He is dealing with some shoulder issues and yes, I believe he is trying to heal before baseball season.

Paul Robles has a sprained ankle. Doubt he will play. :(

Ranger354
10-15-2004, 03:40 PM
It ought to be good game and I hope both teams come away without any injuries.

I think Mac's might be the ticket! In and Out faster and closer to the field.

( A few years back my mom past out at Mac's from Low blood preasure. She had the Ambulance driver take her car to the hospital becasue she didn't want us to know that she was cheating and eating BBQ. It is not on her diet! We all laughed!)

Mac's is some good eating!

Sinton94
10-15-2004, 03:42 PM
That is too bad. I hate to hear that about any kid. Hopefully recovers quickly.

IHStangFan
10-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Okay, you must be the son of Cheryl or Dennis. You didn't work for me....you worked for my husband. :D

See what a small world this is .... and now you know....

AP Panther Fan is the Mom not the Dad! I get a kick out of reading your posts. Will tell Mike about it. ;) Karen is my mom....Dennis' sister