PDA

View Full Version : LHmom?

clayalan
10-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Nobody even mentions our District? Except for the ones you post whats up with that? LH is one of the best teams in the state and yall dont get much board time. Wimberley hasnt been brought up since we played La Grange 3 years ago. (exagerating a little) I know our District isnt some power house but come weve got a couple of teams that might give people some hell in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it's kind of sad, isn't it. (Wrong mom, but I'm off work.) I think the problem is two-fold. First, I've not seen posters or fans of from some towns this year - Llano, Ingram or Brady. The rest of of only have 2 or 3. (Unless you count the Burnet folks who still support the site and the teams in the district.)

I've been considering taking out an ad in our programs to promote the site, if for no other reason, than so we'll have someone to discuss the district with.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I took out an ad last year in our program (I meant to do that this year, but missed the deadline - that was the week my son all of the sudden decided to go to college).

We don't print out programs out for each game, we have one that we use each week and just insert the opposing teams roster in it.

Since I was asked to type those up, I just put a downlow ad right their on the roster!

Here is the first one I did:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/roster.jpg

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm sure it's too late here; will make sure to do that before next year. Clayalan, if nothing else, we can have a thread going the week after next. :D At least it will have someone other than the two LH moms on it.

LHMom
10-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah - This board and others are all about who you have from your town that posts....

Bandera YaYa
10-11-2004, 10:52 PM
My bad, I don't talk football like I used to, my "boys" all graduated after winning State and I really dont keep up with the players now....and we seem to be in a real slow rebuilding thing now......just ain't the same for me....plus I never had a boy that played anyway....sorry I am not much help here...but yeah, where are the Llano, Brady and Ingram posters????? I am rooting for LH all the way !!! WooHoo!!!

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 10:52 PM
You may not see much about this district on here now, but just wait until the playoffs when this district will do very well, just like the past few years. You hear a lot about the Sinton district(30-3A), but think about this. Sinton just beat Goliad 37-20 last week, and we all know Sinton is by far the best team in 30-3A. Just the week before Ingram beat Goliad 33-12 and Ingram is the worst team in 27-3A. This district lost Burnet to 4A, but others have improved and is IMO, one of the toughest in the state. For the naysayers, just wait until playoff time, and then we'll see...

Bandera YaYa
10-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Very good point, Chris......I am anxious to see what transpires......

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2004, 08:23 AM
No problem, YaYa. Gobbla has so graciously offered to be the smack-talker for all of LH's opponents! I'm sure when the time comes, he'll jump on the Bandera bandwagon also. Whew - maybe it's a good thing there's not a lot of 27-3a posters, because otherwise, I know the 2-3 moms could not keep up. It makes it kind of fun, since it's all in jest. I don't know that I could do it seriously. :D

I know there's a few Wimberley folks, so I'll have to start practicing now. ;)