PDA

View Full Version : Peterson for Heisman?

District303aPastPlayer
10-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Is it possible that the freshman could win the Heisman if he stays healthy and continues to produce the way he has been?

one&gone
10-11-2004, 10:02 AM
No doubt with the schedule ou has. If he produces.

Chris Hart
10-11-2004, 10:09 AM
If he plays the way he played against Texas from here on out, it would be a travesty if he doesn't win it. IMO, he's already the best back in the country, and he's only a freshmen.:eek:

mustang04
10-11-2004, 10:16 AM
i just hate that hes in oklahoma, i hate that state, they always brag about having the better college teams....70% of their players are from texas, including peterson....speaks alot about Texas High School Football!

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2004, 10:17 AM
IMO even if he has the best stat's they *The Downtown Athletic Club* will not give the Hesiman to a Freshman even if he is deserving .

big daddy russ
10-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
If he plays the way he played against Texas from here on out, it would be a travesty if he doesn't win it. IMO, he's already the best back in the country, and he's only a freshmen.:eek:
Two huge problems:
1. The guys who do the polls do everything in their power NOT to vote for freshmen... they hate 'em...
2. It makes it even harder for them to vote for Peterson because the reigning Heisman winner plays on the same team.

As of right now, he's definitely the frontrunner. Leinart's good, but he hasn't done anything special just yet. Orton's done some special things up in West Lafayette, but I'd still say Peterson's a little ahead in my book.

Phil C
10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I sure hope he does. Knowing he is just a freshman may give Texas teams the edge in recruiting running backs since they know if they go to OK they will be riding the bench the next several years even if he goes to NFL early. It might hurt in getting blockers though. Of course UT also needs to recruit some linemen and linebackers who can contain him.

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2004, 10:27 AM
The verbal commit. Jamaal Charles from Port Arthur had over 400yd's this past week and over 1100 yd's in 4 games after missing the first 2 so I dont think they will be hurting in that area I believe they also are looking at that kid Wilkerson from SA who is going to set the all time rushing reacord for the SA area.

District303aPastPlayer
10-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
The verbal commit. Jamaal Charles from Port Arthur had over 400yd's this past week and over 1100 yd's in 4 games after missing the first 2 so I dont think they will be hurting in that area I believe they also are looking at that kid Wilkerson from SA who is going to set the all time rushing reacord for the SA area.

if i remember correctly, a running back from either Marshall, Roosevelt, or Judson reset that record recently.