10-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

9. Royse City (4-2)

thats a bold prediction..

dogdad
10-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
thats a bold prediction..
I don't think RC should be ranked very high, just as long as they're ranked ahead of the teams they've beaten.

Keith7
10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
I don't think RC should be ranked very high, just as long as they're ranked ahead of the teams they've beaten.

hey i wasnt knocking your team.. i hope u didnt take it that way, they just havnt beaten great teams.. (including Gainesville :( )

dogdad
10-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Kaufman (scrimmage)
Sanger (scrimmage)
Mt. Vernon
Ferris
Gainesville
VanAlstyne
no great teams there, but those teams aren't bad

in the loss to Celina, RC beat themselves in turnovers and penalties, but had more 1st downs, more rushing yds, more total yds., more plays, more time of possession, etc. (but Celina deserved the win, no question) I guess they are the only great team we've played and we did lose that one.

Does not bother me in the least where RC is ranked because rankings don't mean jack.

Keith7
10-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Kaufman (scrimmage)
Sanger (scrimmage)
Mt. Vernon
Ferris
Gainesville
VanAlstyne
no great teams there, but those teams aren't bad

in the loss to Celina, RC beat themselves in turnovers and penalties, but had more 1st downs, more rushing yds, more total yds., more plays, more time of possession, etc. (but Celina deserved the win, no question) I guess they are the only great team we've played and we did lose that one.

Does not bother me in the least where RC is ranked because rankings don't mean jack.

how did you guys fair against sanger in the scrimmage??? i know its just a scrimmage but they can sometimes tell alot about a team

dogdad
10-10-2004, 08:07 PM
we won that scrimmage , but Sanger moved the ball well against us. Sanger is a good team.

Keith7
10-10-2004, 08:08 PM
we won that scrimmage , but Sanger moved the ball well against us. Sanger is a good team.

yes sanger has a good QB who is very similar to yalls.. with the ability to run and pass

Black_Magic
10-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Snyder Was ranked 4th in region 1 last week but is ranked 5th this week after rolling over Clyde. Wonder why the drop?

Old Cardinal
10-10-2004, 08:27 PM
On Region III, having seen some of these teams play and also observing teams that have played the ranked teams, I would rank a few way differently. I would agree with #1 Jasper and #2 WO-S; however, Silsbee has an excellent 4A sized Senior laden team. Therefore I would say a tie for third place between Barbers Hill and Silsbee would seem a lot more realistic for those that have gotten to watch some Region III football.

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Region IV

1. Cuero (6-0)
2. Liberty Hill (5-1)
3. Sinton (5-2)
4. West Columbia (5-1)
5. Port Isabel (5-1)
6. Zapata (6-0)
7. LaVernia (5-1)
8. Wharton (3-3)
9. Wimberley (4-2)
10. Ingleside (6-1)

wharton loses to cuero by 1 point... sinton loses to cuero by 7 points... why is wharton so far behind?? please just watch this team so they can be ranked where they need to be... which is at least #3

pirate4state
10-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
wharton loses to cuero by 1 point... sinton loses to cuero by 7 points... why is wharton so far behind?? please just watch this team so they can be ranked where they need to be... which is at least #3 This is a simple question, okay? Who did Wharton lose too besides Cuero?? I'm just curious.

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 04:16 PM
el campo 21-12
fredericksburg 25-24

those are both 4a teams by the way... they would have won the game against fredericksburg but mr jones made a few too many mistakes and had 4 ints

pirate4state
10-11-2004, 04:30 PM
el campo 21-12
fredericksburg 25-24

those are both 4a teams by the way... they would have won the game against fredericksburg but mr jones made a few too many mistakes and had 4 ints Thanks for the info. Have they had their bye week?

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 04:31 PM
yeah they played week 0 and their bye week was week 1

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2004, 08:32 PM
In Sinton-Cuero game did Cuero have a first down in the fourth Quarter, dont remember them moving the chains in the fourth. Sinton just got going too late and ran out of time. Anybody know the stats i didnt see the final stats.

Flourhead
10-11-2004, 08:41 PM
we had a young db that wasnt playing his position right so he got burned on a lot of passes... we didnt get any first downs because we ran the ball on third and long... reeve wasnt trying to score anymore... he just wanted to game to end with cuero ahead.... i guess margin of victory doesnt matter to him as long as he gets a W

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Look more like trying to protect the lead, but yes it almost cost the game to play more conservative.

Old Green
10-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Look more like trying to protect the lead, but yes it almost cost the game to play more conservative. Coach Reeve admitted that.:)

BU97
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
el campo 21-12
fredericksburg 25-24

those are both 4a teams by the way... they would have won the game against fredericksburg but mr jones made a few too many mistakes and had 4 ints

Threw 4 ints vs Fredericksburg,? Wrong. Had 2 ints vs FBG and the last one came on the last play of the game on a hail mary pass. You have been on his case for a while about turning the ball over. His TD to int ratio is 2 to 1. Had 4 against Hempstead and a couple of those picks were freaky plays like batted balls and such, The truth is that Wharton is on the plus side of the turnover margin.

Jody
10-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
On Region III, having seen some of these teams play and also observing teams that have played the ranked teams, I would rank a few way differently. I would agree with #1 Jasper and #2 WO-S; however, Silsbee has an excellent 4A sized Senior laden team. Therefore I would say a tie for third place between Barbers Hill and Silsbee would seem a lot more realistic for those that have gotten to watch some Region III football.

I have seen every BH game the last two years and I watched Silsbee play Bridge City two weeks ago. Silsbee is not even in the same league as BH. Not knocking Silsbee, but there is no comparison at all to BH. Other than Cleveland, there is not a team that BH has played so far that would not beat Sislbee.

stangcenter60
10-12-2004, 07:58 PM
thats weak.......

SHS
10-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Jody
I have seen every BH game the last two years and I watched Silsbee play Bridge City two weeks ago. Silsbee is not even in the same league as BH. Not knocking Silsbee, but there is no comparison at all to BH. Other than Cleveland, there is not a team that BH has played so far that would not beat Sislbee.

Jody you dont know nothing about football then if you think that about silsbee. Silsbee is mad from the past couple of years and this year there hungry. So jody quit puttin silsbee down:mad: .Silsbee is LEGIT!!!

congo
10-13-2004, 08:54 AM
el campo 21-12
fredericksburg 25-24

If thats the case about ranking Wharton.......PI should be higher because their only loss came at the hands of a 5A team and lost by 3 in OT.....Beat a 4A by 30+ points and so far have been dominating in district....They have a better defense than last years Semifinalist team.....

JasperDog94
10-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by SHS
Silsbee is LEGIT!!! 2 legit. 2 legit 2 quit (hey, hey) 2 legit. 2 legit 2 quit....sorry about that. I thought it was hammer time.;)

creditcard
10-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
In Sinton-Cuero game did Cuero have a first down in the fourth Quarter, dont remember them moving the chains in the fourth. Sinton just got going too late and ran out of time. Anybody know the stats i didnt see the final stats.

a win is a win whether or not sinton got going late or not.....cuero didnt play their best football at times either...cuero should be tested against a powerhouse Lulling Eagle team though

creditcard
10-13-2004, 12:11 PM
If we go d1 we will possibly get to meet up with sinton again....
and from what everyone is sayin on here they think they can beat us bad if we play again

44INAROW
10-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by creditcard
speakin of region 3 i just remembered something pretty funny.... when sinton was saying good game and shakin hands they were saying we will see yall at state.....if i remember right only one team comes out of region 3 so how is that possible...i think if cuero goes d1 they will meet sinton in he 3rd round if i am right

HUH?

creditcard
10-13-2004, 01:16 PM
44INAROW im talkin about when we played sinton at the end of the game they were sayin we will see yall in state...i was sayin that 2 teams from region 3 cant play for state and that we could possibly meet each other in round 3 of d1

44INAROW
10-13-2004, 02:01 PM
44INAROW im talkin about when we played sinton at the end of the game they were sayin we will see yall in state...i was sayin that 2 teams from region 3 cant play for state and that we could possibly meet each other in round 3 of d1

I know that, but maybe you mean Region 4 not 3 :D

just giving you a hard time :cool:

creditcard
10-13-2004, 02:20 PM
yeah thats what i meant
lol i thought i edited that part

sinton66
10-13-2004, 08:10 PM
If we go d1 we will possibly get to meet up with sinton again....
and from what everyone is sayin on here they think they can beat us bad if we play again

I don't recall anyone say this. Sinton probably will beat Cuero if they play again, but I wouldn't say "big". Doubt any other Sinton poster would either.

IHStangFan
10-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't recall anyone say this. Sinton probably will beat Cuero if they play again, but I wouldn't say "big". Doubt any other Sinton poster would either. if Sinton and Cuero play again....i will do everything in my power to be there....and as for who i think would win.....can ANYONE really say? i sure as heck dont know!

Highschoolfan78
10-14-2004, 11:08 AM
It is way to early to even talk about them playing again..If i remember correctly everyone was talking about cuero facing burnet last year second round, and well... they were a FG away and one win short over a wharton team. Sinton and Cuero may meet up again but it's way too early to talk about that. Both teams have to prove to their districts first that they are the dominant team, then it still has to be decided who is d1. It looks as if cuero will be since gonzales is pretty weak this year. Back to the poll... i believe wharton should get more credit then what they do although their record does not appeal as well as some of the other teams. PI states they have beatin a 5A school which is impressive, but whats to say that the 4A school was any good. I have heard of alot of crappy 4A schools that could lose to the dominant 3A schools in the past years. For instance, Cuero in 94 beat Victoria Stroman 61-6. STroman was terrible. I think it would have been a different case if Cuero played the dominant Stephenville or any other dominant 4a school. STating that beating a 4A school 30-0 does not mean as much as you think.

congo
10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
It is way to early to even talk about them playing again..If i remember correctly everyone was talking about cuero facing burnet last year second round, and well... they were a FG away and one win short over a wharton team. Sinton and Cuero may meet up again but it's way too early to talk about that. Both teams have to prove to their districts first that they are the dominant team, then it still has to be decided who is d1. It looks as if cuero will be since gonzales is pretty weak this year. Back to the poll... i believe wharton should get more credit then what they do although their record does not appeal as well as some of the other teams. PI states they have beatin a 5A school which is impressive, but whats to say that the 4A school was any good. I have heard of alot of crappy 4A schools that could lose to the dominant 3A schools in the past years. For instance, Cuero in 94 beat Victoria Stroman 61-6. STroman was terrible. I think it would have been a different case if Cuero played the dominant Stephenville or any other dominant 4a school. STating that beating a 4A school 30-0 does not mean as much as you think.

In which that same year PI beat Cuero.........PI has been dominating this year as they did last year when they fell to Marlin...Yet they get no credit or respect for that.....They are better defensively than last years team and they shut the running game down of Liberty Hill when they were doing pretty much the same thing they are this year......Just because they may have weaker schedules than every other region or districts doesn't mean they shouldn't be up there....They proved themselves last year and they will certainly prove themselves this year.........

PI-fan
10-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
PI states they have beatin a 5A school which is impressive, but whats to say that the 4A school was any good.

Not sure which PI poster said we beat a 5A... actually that 5A team came from behind to take the game into OT... thats when Los Fresnos (5A) won... 16-13. What kind of team is LF? well there not bad as you're trying to insinuate, they just moved upto the 5A ranks this yr and their most impressive win so far has been over McAllen Rowe(5A) which they themselves beat a top Corpus Christi Carroll team(5A)... just an indication of what these teams are capable of ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Last weeks Matt Rankings
1. Decatur (6-0)
2. Abilene Wylie (5-2)
3. Perryton (5-1)
4. Iowa Park (7-0)
5. Snyder (6-1)
6. Canyon (6-0)
7. Lubbock Cooper (5-2)
8. Graham (4-3)
9. Pilot Point (5-1)
10. Sweetwater (5-2)

Lets see now IP, Snyder, and PP all lose this week. So here are the Z's new region I rankings.

1. Decatur (7-0)
2. Canyon (7-0)
3. Abilene Wylie (6-2)
4. Sweetwater (6-2)
5. Perryton (6-1)
6. Graham (4-3)
7. Lubbock Cooper (6-2)
8. Snyder (6-2)
9. Vernon (4-3)
10. Iowa Park (7-1)

Gainesville, Pilot Point, Muleshoe, Fort Stockton, Bowie (That's right I said Bowie) and Breckenridge all get honorable mention.

For what it is worth.

sinton66
10-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by PI-fan
Not sure which PI poster said we beat a 5A... actually that 5A team came from behind to take the game into OT... thats when Los Fresnos (5A) won... 16-13. What kind of team is LF? well there not bad as you're trying to insinuate, they just moved upto the 5A ranks this yr and their most impressive win so far has been over McAllen Rowe(5A) which they themselves beat a top Corpus Christi Carroll team(5A)... just an indication of what these teams are capable of ;)

Sorry, but Carroll is not the top team in Corpus this year. In fact, they're getting beaten by everybody. Even Ray beat them last night.

PI-fan
10-17-2004, 12:36 AM
IF they are not a top 5A Corpus team are they a middle of the pack team?:thinking: Ray is probably a playoff team aren't they? along with Moody i consider all 3 top CC 5A teams... who would you pick as the 3playoff teams?

sinton66
10-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Remains to be seen yet, but they're not looking too good right now.

Gobbler Fan
10-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't recall anyone say this. Sinton probably will beat Cuero if they play again, but I wouldn't say "big". Doubt any other Sinton poster would either.

And if Horses had wings they could fly
.......Sinton is a good team I'll give you guy's that but they would/could NOT beat Cuero this year even with our best back not taking a snap all year .

:hand:

sinton66
10-17-2004, 11:00 AM
If you believe that history has anything to do with it, I don't remember Sinton losing to anybody twice in the same season. They generally win the second meeting. May well be a moot point if Cuero goes D2.